PDA

View Full Version : Any pics of the new Indy "finale" animatronic?

Jon Vincible
06-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I searched around a bit but couldn't find anything on this topic. I read somewhere that the animatronic at the finale of Indy was replaced after Memorial Day. Does anyone have any pics?

If not I'll try to take one this weekend.

Andrew
06-08-2010, 01:06 PM
We rode Indy (single rider turned a 55 minute standby into a 5 minute walk through the queue and immediate board) on Saturday night specifically to check out the new guy. None of the three of us, in separate vehicles (and thus at least the possibility of three different actions/speeches) noticed any change from the last time we rode some months ago.

Jon Vincible
06-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Aw, bummer. I was hoping for a change as drastic as the gates of doom animatronic. Thanks for the info.

Jon Vincible
06-16-2010, 11:56 AM
I rode it a few times this past weekend, and I'm thinking the new animatronic is the one hanging on the rope in front of the boulder. I couldn't get a good look at his face to see if it matches the new gates of doom animatronic, but he seemed to kick a bit more than he used to. Can anyone confirm?

AJDerrick
06-16-2010, 12:19 PM
I thought it was supposed to be the Indy at the exit, standing with the cracked boulder, but I could be wrong. Apparently the change isn't as drastic as maybe we thought it would be, if people can't tell for sure which one is new.

And by the way, does anyone else hate the billowing sheet behind the gates of doom now? What's that about?

oregontraveler
06-16-2010, 12:34 PM
We rode Indy (single rider turned a 55 minute standby into a 5 minute walk through the queue and immediate board) on Saturday night specifically to check out the new guy. None of the three of us, in separate vehicles (and thus at least the possibility of three different actions/speeches) noticed any change from the last time we rode some months ago.

Where is the SR entrance at? I've always used FP but never noticed the SR line.

TowerofTerror
06-16-2010, 01:04 PM
I was told like two weeks ago that they didnt put in the new animatronic when it was down for a few days .

dznyphreak
06-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Where is the SR entrance at? I've always used FP but never noticed the SR line.

You walk through the exit. Ask the CM at the entrance (under the wait-time signs I believe) and he/she will give you the SR pass.

AnaheimPark
06-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Ooh I didn't hear that they were replacing the Indy. Hmm I'll have to check it out next time I ride.

cutebaton101
06-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I actually have video of the end of the ride from June 8th or 9th I believe, but I dont know how to post it...

Great Mr Lincoln
06-16-2010, 06:11 PM
The new figure didn't work properly and was not put into the ride. Look for another 3-day refurb in the fall after the summer season so they can try again.

Goodnplenty
06-17-2010, 11:58 AM
New Gates of Doom? My last ride on Indy was Nov of last year. Was I looking at the old gates then? Can anyone direct me to a picture/video of the new gates.

GnP;)

Jon Vincible
06-17-2010, 05:16 PM
New Gates of Doom? My last ride on Indy was Nov of last year. Was I looking at the old gates then? Can anyone direct me to a picture/video of the new gates.

GnP;)

There was a post on this forum last fall discussing the new Gates of Doom AA, but I can't for the life of me find it anymore. It had a great picture of the new animatronic. If you rode in November of last year, I think you were looking at the new one. He no longer has his back against the doors, but is instead leaning on one of the doors with his right shoulder. He also looks a lot like Harrison Ford now.

AJDerrick
06-18-2010, 06:29 AM
The new Indy looks great, it's what's behind the gates that I thought was weird. Billowing, sparkly turning fabric? That was purple and green or something? Kinda odd...

kkmickey
06-18-2010, 06:50 AM
I did not know Indiana Jones had a single rider!!!! Great info for the future. The fastpass is certainly not much faster :(

bombardon3
06-19-2010, 08:35 AM
I did not know Indiana Jones had a single rider!!!! Great info for the future. The fastpass is certainly not much faster :(

The set-up for the single rider is kind of awkward. Sometimes they don't offer it because they don't have time to deal with it.

Michael24
06-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Was there just last month, but the last Indy after the boulder crash was the same as always. I did notice the new first Indy, though, where he's trying to hold the doors shut rather than looking like his jacket was caught in them.

I wish for the 10th of 15th anniversary they would have finally gotten new audio tracks with Harrison Ford's voice. Maybe the 20th?

samkj
06-28-2010, 06:27 AM
I did not know Indiana Jones had a single rider!!!! Great info for the future. The fastpass is certainly not much faster :( Have you ever waited in the stand-by line? Fast pass is much, much, much faster than waiting 60-90 minutes outside! Once inside the lines merge, but that outside line is AWFUL!!!

Goodnplenty
06-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I really love your Indy ride. We don't have and Indy ride at WDW, just a show. Does anyone know if there is a site out there that has pics from your Indy ride? I would love to see what it looked like originally and also see the changes that have taken place along the way.

GnP

Michael24
06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Have you ever waited in the stand-by line? Fast pass is much, much, much faster than waiting 60-90 minutes outside! Once inside the lines merge, but that outside line is AWFUL!!!
My parents and I always joke about how useless the Indy FastPass line looks, because all it does is let you bypass the little queue area outside the temple, then you just merge back into the regular line at the entrance and still have the whole rest of the queue to go. The outside area has hardly ever been a bad wait for me. Plus, I don't mind standing around in a line. I enjoy getting the opportunity to talk to those around me and meeting people from all over the country (or even the world!)

AJDerrick
06-28-2010, 01:08 PM
My parents and I always joke about how useless the Indy FastPass line looks, because all it does is let you bypass the little queue area outside the temple, then you just merge back into the regular line at the entrance and still have the whole rest of the queue to go. The outside area has hardly ever been a bad wait for me. Plus, I don't mind standing around in a line. I enjoy getting the opportunity to talk to those around me and meeting people from all over the country (or even the world!)

Typically when we use FP at Indy and go directly into the temple we walk allllll the way to the film room, if not beyond. It's called 'stacking', they keep the worst of the line outside to make it look longer and permit FP to work even though there's only one line inside.

DisneyIndy
06-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Was there just last month, but the last Indy after the boulder crash was the same as always. I did notice the new first Indy, though, where he's trying to hold the doors shut rather than looking like his jacket was caught in them.

I wish for the 10th of 15th anniversary they would have finally gotten new audio tracks with Harrison Ford's voice. Maybe the 20th?

I didn't notice any new changes to the animatronic at the end of the ride either. But I did notice the change in the beginning which I also think is better.

That would be great if they could get Harrison Ford to do the voice!:)

3Princesses1Prince
06-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Typically when we use FP at Indy and go directly into the temple we walk allllll the way to the film room, if not beyond. It's called 'stacking', they keep the worst of the line outside to make it look longer and permit FP to work even though there's only one line inside.

That's how it was when we were there last week.

TowerofTerror
06-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Nothings been done they will do it the next rehab