PDA

View Full Version : Travel Company Vacation Package Cancellation Policy

PARK_HOPPER
03-20-2003, 07:59 PM
I thought it would help those who have booked a vacation package directly with The Walt Disney Travel Company or AAA/CAA, and have questions/concerns as to the cancellation policy.

After reading this and you have more questions, contact the AAA/CAA office that booked your trip, or Walt Disney Travel if you booked directly with Walt Disney Travel.

You may reach Walt Disney Travel Company at: (714) 520-5050

Again, if you booked with AAA/CAA, ONLY AAA/CAA can handle the cancellation and NOT Walt Disney Travel. If you do call Walt Disney Travel and you have an AAA/CAA vacation package, you will be referred back to AAA/CAA.

The information below DOES NOT apply if you purchased your Disneyland vacation package through ANY OTHER company that sells Disney packages (Alaska Airlines Vacations, United Vacations, other tour companies, etc.). Contact that company directly for their policy.

Walt Disney Travel Company–Cancellation Policy

In response to the United States going to war with Iraq the following cancellation policy become effective immediately:

Walt Disney Travel Company will implement a "no cancellation penalty" policy for new and existing Disneyland Resort vacation package reservations, that would normally have been eligible for penalty, regardless of the booking date or travel date. This policy will remain in effect until April 20, 2003.

However, if you do not cancel your Disneyland Resort vacation package prior to arrival and become a no show, the existing "no-show" penalty will be charged.

Walt Disney Travel Company cannot waive cancellation penalties for travel provided by airlines.

If you purchased third party components (such as airline tickets) with your Disneyland Resort vacation package, Walt Disney Travel Company will, however, contact the third party vendor and provide information about their cancellation policies due to the current world events.

silence
03-20-2003, 09:25 PM
I had contacted Dreams Unlimited about their cancellation policy this afternoon and got the same response. They said it may even be extended if needed.

We were due to put our deposit down on our May trip tomorrow. My husband and mom both work for local law enforcement and they were both advised that all vacation time may temp. be suspended........

I hope not, we are REALLY looking forward to this trip.

PARK_HOPPER
03-22-2003, 07:05 PM
The last day to make cancellations or changes to your vacation package without penalty is Friday, April 18, 2003.

This is a change from the original date of Sunday, April 20, 2003.

No reason was given for the date change.