PDA

View Full Version : May 16-17

kittycat
03-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know if there is any type of special event going on the weekend of May 16th? Expedia's rates jump up at the three Disney resorts (for one night each) for that weekend. We're trying to plan a trip in May and are now worried that crowds might be higher that weekend.

Thanks for any help!

dgdisney
03-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Our trip includes that weekend and we got a great rate from Alaska Airlines (the kids fly free promo) for the GCH. But, that was supposed to be the last weekend of the AAL promo so perhaps that is the reason behind the overflow. I hope we don't find out there is a huge convention in town :crying: although any day at Disney has to be better than not getting to go at all!

Have fun whenever you go!

swcrazy
03-20-2003, 07:45 PM
I know that USC is having its commencement on May 16th which means that LA will be flooded with graduates and their families who just might do Disneyland while their graduates are still in LA. Other than that since schools are starting to get out at this time, it means that summer is starting which is probably why prices are going up.

It's also my 21st birthday on May 17th and while I hope to go to Disneyland, I doubt I will be able to because of extended commencement activities and I don't have a car.