PDA

View Full Version : Disney job fair

disneyscott
03-20-2003, 12:48 PM
I heard a radio spot about a job fair next month for Disneyland resort, does anyone have any other info like what jobs they will be offering and the dates. The only thing that I heard was it will be on 2 days from 8am to 8pm

Ghoulish Delight
03-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Some basic details can be found here (http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/disneyland/home/index.html)

Today and tomorrow, 8am to 8pm at the DL Hotel. That's pretty much all it says.

Also at the link above, on the left are links to job listings at DLR.

gr8onesgir1
03-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Basically they are hiring for most positions. Attractions, Custodial and so on.

Laffite
03-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Take custodial! It's an outdoor job!

GeminiAngel
03-20-2003, 07:51 PM
I checked out the starting wages....How can anyone live on that?!!!:eek:

HBTiggerFan
03-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by GeminiAngel
I checked out the starting wages....How can anyone live on that?!!!:eek:

The DLR pays a lot more for starting then most jobs in the area start at. Most start at $6.75 even with experience which is CA minimum wage.

PhilMP
03-20-2003, 11:23 PM
You gotta remember, these are all part-time or seasonal positions. The low wage pays for perhaps a car or school or just spending money for the weekend and such.

You also must remember that the people applying for these spots are probably a bunch of college students or people with high school diplomas still living at home trying to figure out what to do in life. Both groups aren't exactly worth the 20-40k/year that another full-time/entry level job would pay.

On another note, I'm getting ready for another wave of sub-par CMs that usually come from these job fairs. However, the traditional Casting method hasn't brought in much better. :(

Phil

justagrrl
03-21-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by PhilMP
You gotta remember, these are all part-time or seasonal positions. The low wage pays for perhaps a car or school or just spending money for the weekend and such.

You also must remember that the people applying for these spots are probably a bunch of college students or people with high school diplomas still living at home trying to figure out what to do in life. Both groups aren't exactly worth the 20-40k/year that another full-time/entry level job would pay.

On another note, I'm getting ready for another wave of sub-par CMs that usually come from these job fairs. However, the traditional Casting method hasn't brought in much better. :(

Phil

Does anyone see the connection here? You pay low wages and you get "sub-par CMs". Seems like a pretty logical chain of events.

I note that In-n-Out Burger pays a bit more and they have yet to screw my order up. We've lived here for 7 years and visit them on a regular basis and it's not been screwed up even once. What's up with that? Are better paid employees a bit more motivated to do a good job? When you pay a bit more are you likely to attract people with a bit more life skills?

GeminiAngel
03-21-2003, 07:37 AM
When you pay a bit more are you likely to attract people with a bit more life skills?

Then, what are my co-workers excuses!!! LOL!!!! I'm just being a smart-***!!!! Sorry could not help myself.....:D

PhilMP
03-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Actually, a lot of "older" CMs are great people. They know what they're doing, polite, can actually ADD (2.75+2.75=5.50, you can't imagine how many people in my department can't do that), and in general don't require 8 days of training in order to roll churros, or sweep up trash, or press a ride button, etc.

However, most of our new-hires scrape the bottom of the barrel in terms of intelligence and common sense. I don't know if it's because Orange County and the surrounding areas are getting dumber, or if Casting is just incompetent.

Phil