PDA

View Full Version : How Hard Can It Be

Pages : [1] 2

napframe
03-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Man, too much damn lack of stuff at Disneyland. Just shove those things back in, turn the damn waterfall on and get it over with. For RocketRods just throw in some moving things that go along the beam, make it go through some buildings with loud music and a bunch of rides that work and you got yourself a Tomorrowland. They need to stop planning crap and just get out there and do it, like the nike slogan. All this political mumbo jumbo needs to be done away with *slams books down*

RStar
03-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Two words-

RED TAPE

napframe
03-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by RStar
Two words-

RED TAPE

Screw the red tape. Too much of it.

experiment626
03-20-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by JackW
Man, too much damn lack of stuff at Disneyland. Just shove those things back in, turn the damn waterfall on and get it over with. For RocketRods just throw in some moving things that go along the beam, make it go through some buildings with loud music and a bunch of rides that work and you got yourself a Tomorrowland.
And do you honestly think that it is that easy? Just throw the subs in the lagoon and turn on the water fall? I mean they have been closed for what 5 years? There is MAINTENANCE that needs to be done to get them up and running.

And if "things moving on a beam" were that easy RR would still be open.

napframe
03-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by experiment626
And do you honestly think that it is that easy? Just throw the subs in the lagoon and turn on the water fall? I mean they have been closed for what 5 years? There is MAINTENANCE that needs to be done to get them up and running.

And if "things moving on a beam" were that easy RR would still be open.

It's not really that hard. You don't have to write to the U.N. security council and ask for permission. Just hire a contractor to patch up the lagoon and rebuild it. At the most about $6-7 million. Its like washing a car they got it down to a science. If those other fools that are in charge of funds would give the go ahead, they could do it but they have their own crabs up the sleeve. For the individual subs I'm sure the imagineers can imagine something up, that's what being Disney is all about. This is all management's fault. They need to get rid of them. At all management should already just do all this stuff and quit fooling around. No wonder why corporate people are incompetent.

rexfarms
03-20-2003, 02:29 PM
It's not really that hard. You don't have to write to the U.N. security council and ask for permission.

LOL

cstephens
03-20-2003, 03:04 PM
Man, too much damn lack of stuff at Disneyland. Just shove those things back in, turn the damn waterfall on and get it over with. For RocketRods just throw in some moving things that go along the beam, make it go through some buildings with loud music and a bunch of rides that work and you got yourself a Tomorrowland. They need to stop planning crap and just get out there and do it, like the nike slogan. All this political mumbo jumbo needs to be done away with *slams books down*

Yes, it's so incredibly easy to run a park, I don't know why they're having such a hard time. I mean, anyone can just do stuff haphazardly. Never mind about planning anything. Just put something somewhere. No one will complain. They'll love it, no matter what. Loud music. That's all you need to entertain people.

rexfarms
03-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
Yes, it's so incredibly easy to run a park, I don't know why they're having such a hard time. I mean, anyone can just do stuff haphazardly. Never mind about planning anything. Just put something somewhere. No one will complain. They'll love it, no matter what. Loud music. That's all you need to entertain people.

Yeah thats the Disney way....

Maximus
03-20-2003, 05:24 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rexfarms
03-20-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I second that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DisneyFan25863
03-20-2003, 07:11 PM

I third that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Doodle Duck
03-20-2003, 07:18 PM
:~D :~D :~D

dgdisney
03-20-2003, 07:48 PM
hey-without planning we could get Tron again (and I'd rather wait a bit- wouldn't you?)

Nigel2
03-20-2003, 09:10 PM
No more Golf sales damnit! like any of you get that.... :~D

Originally posted by RStar
Two words-

RED TAPE

Plus this red tape is very costly since they have to design it, see if it would even work if it were to be built, they probably have to use union guys to build it, plus months of saftey testing, marketing for it, and then new training and procedures have to be designed as well. Plus the hiring of more CM's, inspections, and upkeep.

cujosr
03-20-2003, 10:48 PM
May I say a forth? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cujosr
03-20-2003, 11:21 PM
Seriously get a grip Jack it's never as easy as it sounds at least not today. Maybe back in the day Walt could toss money and make things happen. But even then he had thought long and hard about what he was about to do and worked with others to get it done. Today you would never see Eisner doing that. So just get a grip on reality. Please.

napframe
03-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Get outta here!!!!!! I do have a grip what are you talking about. Humans have the ability to do that, the reason why it's just not possible right now is because they can't work hand in hand. The people vs. the management cannot cooperate because management always screws around with stupid stuff that wastes time and imagination that is well left off to the imagineers. If they worked hand in hand I bet they could reopen the lagoon with a temporary ride plan until a major replacement in just five months!!! That's reality.

cujosr
03-22-2003, 09:18 PM
If they worked hand in hand I bet they could reopen the lagoon with a temporary ride plan until a major replacement in just five months!!! That's reality. You still don't have a clue. The problem is with such a large company as Disney is things are not that easy. First of all the idea must be brought up by someone high up in the company ranks such as Rasulo, Harriss or someone that they will listen to. Then the money must be found to pay for a project (I will use the Subs as an example.) Money doesn't grow on trees and Disney has not been doing very well lately (stock price today was at 18.74 a share down a little from yesterday.) So if the go ahead is given and money taken from other projects, then the Imagineers will come in and submit several plans and mockups, only one of which will be approved (usually the cheapest.) Then work may finnaly begin after changing the plans to meet ADA, OSHA, Federal and State Guidelines, finding a contractor, boarding up part of tommorowland, and possibly closing the monorail (which is where the funds really need to go.)
Your plan is to...
shove those things back in, turn the damn waterfall on and get it over with.
Well there's one problem with that. What was left of those leaky, smelly tin cans are no longer around. (mousepadders please correct me if I am wrong) A few were sent to the Behamas and sunk to make a new coral reef around Disney's island and another was made in to an exhibit peice somewhere. PLus there is a lot of hiring and training of CM's and Maintainence people to deal with. Plus I already mentioned the ADA Regulations which will require that it be wheelchair accessable.
But all the red tape put aside it looks like you will get your way. The subs are returning and if things are done right we will be seeing a brand new Space Mountain using the people mover track. So get off your high horse. You are the kind of person that makes APs look bad.

napframe
03-22-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by cujosr
You are the kind of person that makes APs look bad.

You're breaking my cholesterol heart. First off I'm always right about everything. Even if I'm wrong, I'm right. Companies grow so huge that they can't tie their own shoes.

Nigel2
03-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by cujosr

Well there's one problem with that. What was left of those leaky, smelly tin cans are no longer around. (mousepadders please correct me if I am wrong) A few were sent to the Behamas and sunk to make a new coral reef around Disney's island and another was made in to an exhibit peice somewhere. PLus there is a lot of hiring and training of CM's and Maintainence people to deal with. Plus I already mentioned the ADA Regulations which will require that it be wheelchair accessable.

I think there is like one left back there, and the one sunk for their resort is a WDW one, unless you are talking about a different one.

But I totally forgot about the whole wheelchair thing... that will be interesting to see how they make them compliant.

Ace
03-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
But I totally forgot about the whole wheelchair thing... that will be interesting to see how they make them compliant.

I wonder if they'll even have to, given that the ride was opened in the 1960s and they didn't have those compliance things back then, as far as I know. I hope they don't have to make it wheelchair compliant (no offense to anyone in wheelchairs) but that would require extensive work on their part and would really slow down (or possibly stop :crying: :crying: :crying: the subs from coming back.

Nigel2
03-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Well they had to do it with all the other rides when they went in for rennovation. If you look in the window by the main door to HM there is a small sign that says something about being able to request the documentation about the ride's compliance with the with disabilities act. I imaginge whatever they did when the ride was open will due since people who couldn't walk must have been able to ride in the past.

Still I will only believe it when the ride opens up again.

MammaSilva
03-22-2003, 09:57 PM
Once again, the ADA has exemptions for some things.. I don't know if the subs rehab falls under the same rules as the rehab for the treehouse....or the rehab (if it ever happens) for the castle walk thru, but don't try to use ADA as the reason if the subs don't return...

Nigel2
03-22-2003, 10:00 PM
I am not, but I doubt that is a real concern for them. Basically every open ride is now compliant, in most cases it wasn't hard since many were allready that way. I bet all they have to do is provide someone to help them in like they do at the gallery and the Main St. station.

Tigertail777
03-23-2003, 01:43 AM
Frankly guys, I think it would fairly simple to make one or two subs ADA compliant simply by making a small wheelchair type elevator inside the sub simular to what you see for buses and such, but more vertical. Granted this would lessen capacity on a couple subs, but I doubt by very much. Then they could also help facilitate the process by having a special section of dock for wheelchair load.
BUT what I do foresee as a problem, is insurance; what happens in the unlikely event of a sub springing a leak, or getting one of the portholes broken? How would a wheelchair person escape?(Don't laugh, it was enough of a concern that is it was listed in the operating procedure manual, so they obviously thought the subs flooding was a conceivable notion since there are emergency procedures for it in there).
I would love to see the subs back, but without some major overhauling I dont see how its really possible, and major overhauls cost money.