PDA

View Full Version : Wine Country Trattoria menu

AVP
06-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Wine Country Trattoria had a soft opening this week, and I was able to get a copy of the lunch menu. The restaurant officially opens later this week.

Appetizers

Rustic Bruschetta - $6.99 Roasted artichokes, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and caramelized onions on crostini with tomato oil and parmesan.

The Italian Slice - $5.49 Diced pepperocini, Kalamata olives, roma tomatoes, cucumbers and shaved parmesean with red wine vinaigrette

Fritto Misto - $9.49 Calamari, mussels, green beans and artichoke hearts lightly breaded, served with pepperoncini aioli

Chef's Soup Selections - $5.49

Caprese Salad - $7.49 Tomatoes, basil and mozzarella drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Entree Salads

Tuscan Salad with grilled shrimp or chicken - $14.99 Blend of romaine and radicchio, red and yellow grape tomatoes, celery, green beans, cannellini beans and roasted peppers tossed in creamy Italian dressing.

Arugula Salad - $14.99 Smoked chicken, fennel, red onion, spiced walnuts and goat cheese with fig-balsamic dressing.

Tattoria Salad - $12.99 Green salad wiht tomatoes, green olives, smoked mozzarella, sauteed Yukon gold potatoes, tomato crostini and seasonal vegetables with red wine vinaigrette

Entrees

Pasta Your Way - your choice of campanelle, spaghetti or tagliatelle pasta in your choice of preparations:

Alla Vongole with clams, parsley, garlic, olive oil and white wine - $16.49
Bolognese with beef and Italian sausage - $16.49
Shrimp Scampi tossed with white wine, capers and lemon - $16.49
Quattro Pomodoro with tomators, garlic and basil - $13.99
Broccolini Aglio Olio with spinach, arugula, tomatoes, garlic, chili flakes and olive oil - $13.99

Todays sustainable fish - $19.99 Topped with citrus pesto served over tomato-vegetable ragu

Roasted vegetable panini - $11.99 Zuchini, eggplant, red peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and lemon-goat cheese spread on multigrain bread with a green salad

Lasagna Rustica - $15.99 Served with house-made bolognese

Chicken Panini - $11.99 Herbed chicken breast, arugula, red onions, provolone and walnut-porcini aioli with a green salad

Beverages

Wine Flights

Tour of Italy - $18.00
California Wine Country - $20.00

Sangria - $8.50

Bottled Beer - $5.75-6.75

Press pot coffee - $6.99

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Minute Maid light pomegranite lemonade, freshly-brewed iced tea - $2.99

Smartwater or San Pellegrino 1L - $7.59

Tinker Bell and Friends of Buzz Lightyear Punch - $6.49 Minute Maid light lemonade punch served in a souvenirs Fairies or Toy Story 3 cup with a glowing Tinker Bell or Buzz Lightyear clip-on light.

I did not get a look at the dinner or dessert menus, but I'll update again when I have them.

Figaro79
06-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Thank you for posting the new menu! I can't wait to check it out.

ogold72
06-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Hmmm - I thought there were lamb selections as well

AVP
06-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Hmmm - I thought there were lamb selections as wellI forgot to mention this was the lunch menu. They weren't serving dinner so I couldn't get a copy of that, but I'll ask tomorrow.

AVP

Malcon10t
06-05-2010, 10:02 AM
AVP - Thank you, that makes sense.

Would the new dinner menu be similar to the WOC menu do you think? There is lamb on there.

cstephens
06-05-2010, 10:04 AM
The menu looks pretty good. I wasn't particularly a fan of the last incarnation of the restaurant, but I'm willing to give it another try.

ogold72
06-05-2010, 10:40 AM
AVP - Thank you, that makes sense.

Would the new dinner menu be similar to the WOC menu do you think? There is lamb on there.

My sense is that there is one menu, not a specific one for WoC. The premium dining option allows one to select certain items from the WCT menu, so the entire WCT menu may be more comprehensive than what you can choose for the WoC dinner. Below is what AVP posted as a tentative offering for the WoC dining option

Wine Country Trattoria
Seating 1 (1st show) 4-6:30
Seating 2 (2nd show) 6-8:30 )
$39.99 per adult
$18.99 per child, ages 3-9
Ages 2 and under do not need to pay, but must sit on a parent's lap - they will not receive a seating voucher.

Menu:

Shared antipasto platter for the table and starter salad.
Choice of entree
Grilled fish (I didn't catch the preparation for this one)
Herb roasted chicken breast w/ pasta
Seafood pasta with shrimp and scallops
Lamb shank w/ polenta
NY strip loin with Gorgonzola mashed potatoes
Choice of dessert, options include tiramisu, chocolate crunch tart and fresh seasonal berries with balsamic reduction

AVP
06-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Here's the dinner menu, with many thanks to a manager who was willing to find a copy of it though the restaurant wasn't open today. There will be soft openings this week. Many of the items are the same between lunch and dinner. Note: there are items on the World of Color prix fixe menu that are NOT on the regular dinner menu.

Appetizers

Wine Country Shrimp - $9.49 Served on a polenta cake with lemon-capers butter sauce.

Rustic Bruschetta - $6.99 Roasted artichokes, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and caramelized onions on crostini with tomato oil and parmesan.

The Italian Slice - $5.49 Diced pepperocini, Kalamata olives, roma tomatoes, cucumbers and shaved parmesean with red wine vinaigrette

Fritto Misto - $9.49 Calamari, mussels, green beans and artichoke hearts lightly breaded, served with pepperoncini aioli

Chef's Soup Selections - $5.49

Caprese Salad - $7.49 Tomatoes, basil and mozzarella drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Entrees

Pasta Your Way - your choice of campanelle, spaghetti or tagliatelle pasta in your choice of preparations:

Alla Vongole with clams, parsley, garlic, olive oil and white wine - $16.49
Bolognese with beef and Italian sausage - $16.49
Shrimp Scampi tossed with white wine, capers and lemon - $16.49
Quattro Pomodoro with tomators, garlic and basil - $13.99
Broccolini Aglio Olio with spinach, arugula, tomatoes, garlic, chili flakes and olive oil - $13.99

Todays sustainable fish - $19.99 Topped with citrus pesto served over tomato-vegetable ragu

Lasagna Rustica - $15.99 Served with house-made bolognese

Herb-roasted chicken breast - $17.99 With boccolini, caramelized onions, red peppers and tagliatelle pasta with a white wine garlic sauce.

Braised Lamb Shank - $22.49 Served with polenta, pino noir reduction and gremolata

Balsamic-braised short ribs - $20.49 with roasted vegitable and cannellini bean stew

Beverages

Wine Flights

Tour of Italy - $18.00
California Wine Country - $20.00

Sangria - $8.50

Bottled Beer - $5.75-6.75

Press pot coffee - $6.99

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Minute Maid light pomegranite lemonade, freshly-brewed iced tea - $2.99

Smartwater or San Pellegrino 1L - $7.59

Tinker Bell and Friends of Buzz Lightyear Punch - $6.49 Minute Maid light lemonade punch served in a souvenirs Fairies or Toy Story 3 cup with a glowing Tinker Bell or Buzz Lightyear clip-on light.

Desserts

Wine Country Tiramisu - $6.49
Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta - $5.99
Seasonal Roasted Fruit Crostada - $5.99
Warm Chocolate Espresso Tart - $6.49

bennette
06-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Alas, I was unable to get a dinner reservation for tomorrow night. My CM had not heard of a soft opening, nor had his lead or anyone around him (he was very thoughtful in checking).

He went through the various events they were having this week for WOC (CM run last night, which he was at, and Trattoria was, naturally, closed; another CM run tonight; the radio party tomorrow night, which is why I was hoping to get a reservation; media on Wednesday; presumably dark Thursday; and finally the public on Friday.

At any rate, no PS for this Tuesday night.

"Did you hear that on a blog?" He asked. Me (because I don't consider AVP some random blogger plus I saw her in the flesh yesterday when she graciously showed me the actual menu): "Um...I heard it from a reliable media source. I've seen the new menu."

He's seen the menu, also, but no clue on the soft opening. I hope I have not caused any internal ruckus there. :0

BigDisneyFan
06-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Is there a childrens menu? Or is this adult only?

disneylandgirl
06-07-2010, 12:07 PM
One word... YUM!!! I love italian food!! :D MMM it makes me hungry.

AVP
06-07-2010, 12:49 PM
He's seen the menu, also, but no clue on the soft opening. I hope I have not caused any internal ruckus there. :0Restaurants never take reservations for soft openings, hence the term. They open, they take walk ups, they close when they run out of food or decide they've tested whatever they were going to test. ;) Sorry if I gave any indication otherwise!

AVP

bennette
06-07-2010, 02:27 PM
He seemed very certain they hadn't had a soft opening, period. (We had a nice chat.)

Quote: "I walked buy, and it was dark."

I have a feeling he'll be walking by again. :)

It's okay. I wasn't really expecting them to take a reservation for a soft opening, just wanted to see what would happen if I tried.

lovindisneyland
06-07-2010, 02:42 PM
ohh man!!!! he chicken alfredo lasanga has been axed from the new menU.. bummer :( that lasagna was soo good. well at least they have some yummy sounding pasta dishes.... :)

leota's necklace
06-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm a bit surprised at the absence of entree salads from the dinner menu.

bennette
06-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Seems a little odd, doesn't it? We noticed it, too. But when I saw the physical menu, I noticed you can get Magicale for the slightly lower price (relative to some other restaurants on property) of $12.50 a glass with your meal. So maybe it all works out in the end.

Salad or Magicale, salad or Magicale?

Magicale wins!

(I'm also trying to figure out what Sangria is doing on the menu, since it's technically Spanish. As I like Sangria, however, I'm not going to get too picky.)

It's a new menu. If there are multiple requests for salads at night, I am sure they will adjust it.

CariBelle
06-08-2010, 07:45 AM
(I'm also trying to figure out what Sangria is doing on the menu, since it's technically Spanish. As I like Sangria, however, I'm not going to get to picky.)

Same here! My first thought was "that's odd" and my second was "don't question it, they might take it away!"

disneyshoes
06-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Looks Yummy! Is there a seperate kids menu?

lovindisneyland
06-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Seems a little odd, doesn't it? We noticed it, too. But when I saw the physical menu, I noticed you can get Magicale for the slightly lower price (relative to some other restaurants on property) of $12.50 a glass with your meal. So maybe it all works out in the end.

Salad or Magicale, salad or Magicale?

Magicale wins!

RFLOL....:p:p thats funny! magicale wins with me everytime too!