PDA

View Full Version : I'd like a DL web cam

scaeagles
03-19-2003, 04:12 PM
On the WDW website, there is a live web cam of main street - I'd love to see one on DLs main street. Would be fun to log on and be able to see friends or family when you know they're there.

Laffite
03-19-2003, 04:24 PM
ABC news have a camera (or at least access to DL camera) (surprise!) and they use it occasionally during their weather segment (look! it's disneyland! What a great way to promote the park :) )

The images suggest that the camera is from one of the NOS facade. It looks across the big pathway looking at MT dock and some of BTMRR

rexfarms
03-19-2003, 04:26 PM
I always love seeing that, but I always see it before the park opens in the morning. I never see guests. Too bad that www.abc7.com doesnt let you view it online.

Polar33
03-19-2003, 05:21 PM
I talked to one of the Broadcast Services CMs a year or two ago about KABC's cameras. He said they have 3 (could be four, I can’t remember exactly) of them that are solely for KABC's use. KABC controls them by dialing up a dedicated phone line and pressing each keypad number sends the camera a command to pan, zoom, or focus.

rexfarms
03-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Thats interesting.

Andrew
03-19-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Polar33
KABC controls them by dialing up a dedicated phone line and pressing each keypad number sends the camera a command to pan, zoom, or focus.

Did you get the phone number? :~D

Laffite
03-19-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Polar33
I talked to one of the Broadcast Services CMs a year or two ago about KABC's cameras. He said they have 3 (could be four, I can’t remember exactly) of them that are solely for KABC's use. KABC controls them by dialing up a dedicated phone line and pressing each keypad number sends the camera a command to pan, zoom, or focus.

Do you know where they are? I tried looking for them but nada :(

Ace
03-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Andrew

1-800-LOL!!!!

DisneyFan25863
03-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Ace
1-800-LOL!!!!

I tried to call that but just got a "This Number does not exist" message. What did I do wrong?

:D

Laffite
03-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Where's my !!!! button? :(

LIMANDL4EVA
03-19-2003, 07:29 PM
The cam that looks onto ROA is atop of the Disney Gallery balcony, it is disguised as an odd looking black smoke stack. It is VERY well hidden.

Polar33
03-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
Do you know where they are? I tried looking for them but nada :(

You know...I haven't actually thought to look for them before. To be honest, I'm rarely ever up early enough to watch KABC when they use them anyway. I know they use the one overloking the ROA quite frequently (although probabaly not at the moment). I think they have one directed towards IASW and Paradise Pier also, but don't quote me on it.

I'm actually trying to track down the locations of some of the cameras that Audio Central uses to keep watch on the parade. They can keep an eye on every inch of the parade route and yet I have only been able to figure out four of the camera locations.

rexfarms
03-19-2003, 08:06 PM
There are cameras everywhere!

Laffite
03-19-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
There are cameras everywhere!

I mean KABC cameras.

Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
The cam that looks onto ROA is atop of the Disney Gallery balcony, it is disguised as an odd looking black smoke stack. It is VERY well hidden.

Thank you!!

rexfarms
03-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
I mean KABC cameras.

Thank you!!

I know you mean KABC camera but for the parade and other things there are cameras everwhere!:)

Laffite
03-19-2003, 10:26 PM
I found ONE huge camera (imagine the zoom that thing must have :) ) over looking Main Street. I was so proud of myself "Yes! I've been to DL enough time to see a camera!" :)

I'll try to take pic Saturday, if I remember.

MonorailMan
03-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Actally, I might have spotted the KABC weather station/camera. If you go the Galley, and go to the far left corner, and look up towards where the hotel would be, you can see the weather vane. :)

napframe
03-20-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Andrew

You can find the number if it's in the 714 area code (anaheim) by wardialing the whole Disneyland # prefix with your computer. The whole thing can be done overnight, but it will basically dial every number in their prefix (1000 possible numbers) until it finds a strange tone. Most possible senario it will just keep on reaching Disneyland's management office because that's usually where the phone trunk ends. The next part you need to figure out how to tap into the video feed which doesn't look like digital stream. It could be a live satellite connection straight to ABC's studio.

pinkpail
03-20-2003, 05:29 PM
The very first post says that there is a live camera on Main Street at Walt Disney World, I looked but could not locate it. Can anyone help?

thekirk
03-20-2003, 05:58 PM
I don't see the WDW Main Street cam on the site either. I would love to see it! HELP! (please :D )

Spot
03-21-2003, 01:18 PM
The wdw web cams have been off for a while. here is the link to them, but as you can see they havent been uploading pix since 5/25/01

WDW Webcams (http://home.disney.com/DisneyWorld/cgi-bin/allCameras.cgi)

I never bookmarked the old disneyland webcam, so i dont have a link to that, sorry

-Spot

YellowMan
03-21-2003, 01:25 PM
I would love to see webcams at all of my favorite parks. It would be very useful to be able to go online and check what the crowds are like before I make a journey out to Disneyland Resort.