PDA

View Full Version : some cool new sweet treats

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
05-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Friends were stopping at Coke Corner to get a snack, so I decided to wander into the nearby candy store to have a look. I always like to see new things they might have, and at the cupcake section, I saw that they have a new mini-cupcake sampler with 6 different flavors.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/picture.php?albumid=506&pictureid=4311

They were so cute, and as a friend and I were talking about it, a CM came up and told us what the flavors were. Top left is carrot cake, top middle had coconut on top but I can't remember what the actual cupcake flavor was, top right was red velvet with cream cheese frosting, bottom left was vanilla with chocolate frosting, bottom middle was chocolate with vanilla frosting, and bottom right was chocolate with peanut butter frosting. Do you see the tiny little peanut butter cup on top of that one? That was so cute.

Well, some friends and I decided to get it and we shared it among 5 of us. Everyone seemed pretty happy with what they got. I got the peanut butter topping one. The cupcake itself was fine, but the frosting had lots of peanutty bits, and I loved it.

The cupcakes were pretty small, but they pack a pretty good punch. One of the friends had the last cupcake, and we were all pretty satisfied with what we'd gotten.

Disney has also been doing a lot more themed caramel apples, and they have one for the graduates. Pretty cute.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/picture.php?albumid=506&pictureid=4312

Niwel
05-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Love the cupcakes :) what a great idea for dessert -- the regular ones are Huge, the small ones look perfect.

Malcon10t
05-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Wow! I have never seen anyone get so excited over cupcakes.:confused:Why the sad face?

I enjoy reading about other's experiences.

As for the cupcakes, like Niwel said, these are more likely to be used for a snack, or for the kiddos.

leota's necklace
05-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the info! I like hearing about the new things being offered, since I can't to the Park as often as I'd like. Great pics are always a bonus.

cstephens
05-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Wow! I have never seen anyone get so excited over cupcakes.:confused:

You have no idea how much pleasure a really good cupcake can bring me. Gotta enjoy the little things in life too, y'know? ;)

SigalTchelet
05-31-2010, 05:47 PM

:p:p:p:p

You just don't know what fun is!

BVKMM
05-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks for posting about the sweet little treats. Great to take back to your room at the end of the night for a little snack. yummmy. :D

disneyshoes
05-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Yea! We love mini cupcakes and get them at Kara's all the time! Cannot wait to taste "Disney" ones!

They look good and just enough for our group to have a little treat :) How much were they?

cstephens
05-31-2010, 09:44 PM
How much were they?

The price is in the picture. ;) $6.95 for the sampler that includes 6 different flavors.

kpcrone
05-31-2010, 09:52 PM
I will pay 6.95 for 6 cupcakes any day at Disneyland!

darph nader
05-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Gotta enjoy the little things in life too, y'know? ;)

Rule #32. ;)

bennette
05-31-2010, 11:06 PM
I feel a little silly. I didn't even realize there was a cupcake section. Maybe we should actually go into the candy store for a change! :)

nursechrissy32
06-01-2010, 06:36 AM
I am EXCITED for cupcakes...want one or 2 or 6 now! :) Thank you for sharing!

Oh and those apples are so cute!

cstephens
06-01-2010, 07:55 AM
I feel a little silly. I didn't even realize there was a cupcake section. Maybe we should actually go into the candy store for a change! :)

You are TOTALLY missing out. There's been one or two of the regular cupcakes that I've thought about getting, but they always seem too big. A whole cupcake is too much for me. But a mini, with different flavors for everyone to share? Perfect!

But my favorite are these little red velvet "poppers" from MILK. :)

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/picture.php?albumid=506&pictureid=4314

CariBelle
06-01-2010, 09:02 AM
How fun! I love mini cupcakes!

MaraMouse
06-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Sad face? Thought it was a confused face. I love cupcakes and cakes, just thought this report was quite cupcake intense. That's all.:D

For some of us, cupcakes are a deadly serious topic. Haha!

But in all seriousness though, I'm always checking in to see what kind of new sweet treats there are, and taking pictures of it all, they're all so pretty. Every trip I always upload sweet treats that I'm having from my phone to my facebook in real time making everyone jealous! :p The comments pile up haha

That box of mini cupcakes would be nice to take back to my co-workers, they're always waiting for something yummy whenever I come back from Disney, just imagine a makeup counter with a ton of girls and cupcakes, we love sweets!!

olegc
06-01-2010, 09:47 AM
these look great

DebT
06-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Disney has also been doing a lot more themed caramel apples, and they have one for the graduates. Pretty cute.

Our family are huge fans of the decorated apples, so my daughter brought home one of the apples from grad night. Unfortunately, it was not good at all. Really disappointing. Now those cupcakes look yummy!

cstephens
06-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately, it was not good at all. Really disappointing.

I'm curious as to what was wrong with it. I wouldn't think they could really screw up a caramel apple. And do you know what the top part (the hat part) was made out of that sits above the marshmallow? We were curious.

The old man
06-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Why the sad face?

It's not it's the "confused" face.

The old man
06-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I was going to reply that you've stolen my cynicism bit, but then I saw you're banned.

TowerofTerror
06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
wow all of those new sweets look so good

Rufus T Firefly
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I was going to reply that you've stolen my cynicism bit, but then I saw you're banned.

Banned over cupcakes. That's gotta be a first.

SigalTchelet
06-01-2010, 01:37 PM

Wonder why he was banned?

AVP
06-01-2010, 01:43 PM

Banned over cupcakes. That's gotta be a first.

Wonder why he was banned?

A little light reading: Community Policies: Disciplinary Actions (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43566)

Note that not all disciplinary actions are made based on public posts; a member can be suspended or banned for actions that are not apparent to the general membership at large.

However, disciplinary actions of members are conducted privately. In order to respect the privacy of individuals and to avoid public discussions regarding persons who are no longer able to post on MousePad, moderators are not at liberty to discuss such actions, and cannot discuss moderator actions with other members or publically in the open forums.

AVP