PDA

View Full Version : Silly Symphony Swings opens at DCA

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
05-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Silly Symphony Swings opened at DCA on Friday - here are two videos showing the ride operation.

jROYy-2bAGc

xFPR_kqNbYU

potzbie
05-30-2010, 04:10 PM
The classical music sounds like a two-piece medley.

Q. What is the name of each piece?

AJDerrick
05-30-2010, 04:24 PM
We rode last night, it was fun in the dark! Gotta say though, not a fan of the seats. But a fun view of the pier, and we walked right on, so can't complain!

Cnjp
05-30-2010, 04:28 PM
The classical music sounds like a two-piece medley.

Q. What is the name of each piece?

The only piece we are aware of is the "William Tell Overture" by Gioacchino Rossini. It sounds like a combination of Part 2 "Storm" and Part 4 "Finale". Hope this helps. :)

BlkPearlCptn
05-30-2010, 06:53 PM
The only piece we are aware of is the "William Tell Overture" by Gioacchino Rossini. It sounds like a combination of Part 2 "Storm" and Part 4 "Finale". Hope this helps. :)

Is it bad that when I hear the William Tell Overture, I immediately think of The Lone Ranger?;)

houseofmouse
05-30-2010, 08:26 PM
still the shortest ride ever. How was the line?
Did you see the guy in green in the first video who looked like he was conducting the orchestra? I can see a lot of people doing that now.

Maleficent's goon
05-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Is there some kind of animation going on in the center tower or is that just the grain of the video?...and are all those poles that surround the platform just speakers for the music?

Gone2Disneyland
05-31-2010, 06:09 AM
still the shortest ride ever. How was the line?

I was there yesterday and saw it for my first time. I thought the same thing too, short ride. There are two lines btw. When I walked by around 1pm yesterday, the single rider line was marked as a 10-minute wait while the tandem (double) rider line was only 5. There weren't a long lines either.

cstephens
05-31-2010, 11:04 AM
We went by yesterday, and a couple friends rode and enjoyed it, but I didn't go on. I love the space underneath the ride though - shaded, nice benches, great view of the bay, nice place to relax. Would it be too much to ask for Disney to let that stay open during World of Color? Sure, the view isn't ideal, but it would still be cool.

Gone2Disneyland
05-31-2010, 02:43 PM
We went by yesterday, and a couple friends rode and enjoyed it, but I didn't go on. I love the space underneath the ride though - shaded, nice benches, great view of the bay, nice place to relax.

I saw that area when I rode Mickey's Fun Wheel and thought the same thing. Thanks for confirming it's open to walk through; I didn't see anyone when I was on the Wheel.

lovindisneyland
05-31-2010, 06:46 PM
i rode it twice yesterday and saturday and friday night also. i thought it was VERY fun! It was cool! i love the classical music they picked for it!! Very classy :rolleyes:

cstephens
05-31-2010, 07:37 PM
i rode it twice yesterday and saturday and friday night also. i thought it was VERY fun! It was cool! i love the classical music they picked for it!! Very classy :rolleyes:

You seem like you really enjoyed the ride, so I don't understand the sarcastic eye roll at the end. ???

kpcrone
05-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Can't wait to get some awesome night pictures! :)

lovindisneyland
06-01-2010, 09:52 AM
You seem like you really enjoyed the ride, so I don't understand the sarcastic eye roll at the end. ???

ohh is that what that is? i didn't know i thought it was a happy face looking up! OOOHH LOL silly me! no i enojoyed the ride

MadasaHatter
06-01-2010, 12:28 PM
I think it is a smiley face looking up at the swings spinning around:rolleyes:but, then, .....I am mad!

1000Ghost
06-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi! New here.

I thought that Disney announced that the offical day of Silly Symphony Swings was the day before World of Color opened?

jcruise86
06-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I was there yesterday and saw it for my first time. I thought the same thing too, short ride. There are two lines btw. When I walked by around 1pm yesterday, the single rider line was marked as a 10-minute wait while the tandem (double) rider line was only 5. There weren't a long lines either.
So they should increase its length ASAP, especially when it's less crowded.

I'm glad the area under this attraction already has some fans.

TowerofTerror
06-01-2010, 05:31 PM
I say its much better then the old Orange Stinger. Well I get to ride it in a few days

lovindisneyland
06-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Hi! New here.

I thought that Disney announced that the offical day of Silly Symphony Swings was the day before World of Color opened?

yep! SSS is open, and it is before WOC opening! go experience it , its great! :)

SillyOldBear
06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Do you have to be a certain height to ride the swings? We will be taking a infant and we are curious if we can hold her on the swings?

houseofmouse
06-02-2010, 08:33 PM
No holding. One person per swing but they have side by side swings for those who are under the height requirement to ride alone. Watch the video it shows them. The two swings are connected but you cannot hold onto each other. I think there is still some sort of age requirement though, you could not stick a one year old on. Certainly not an infant.

danyoung
06-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Hi! New here.

It probably still is. They're currently in soft openings, meaning they can close at any time to tweak things, as they're not really officially open.

shna
06-03-2010, 08:57 AM
The height requirement to ride in your very own swing is 48". Guests between 40" (the minimum height requirement for the ride) and 48" have to ride in a tandem seat with "a responsible person."

The yellow seats (1/2 of each tandem seat) have over-the-shoulder straps in addition to the between-the-legs strap common to all the seats.

Imaginears
06-03-2010, 05:24 PM

I was under the impression the songs being played on the attraction were taken straight from the SillySymphony cartoons! No?:rolleyes:

AVP
06-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I was under the impression the songs being played on the attraction were taken straight from the SillySymphony cartoons! No?:rolleyes:The ride is based on the 1935 animated short The Band Concert, which DOES use Rossini's "William Tell Overture."

AVP