PDA

View Full Version : If Disneyland brought back People Mover or Sky way(or both), how would you feel!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lovindisneyland
05-28-2010, 09:20 AM
i am not saying that they are going to bring any of those rides back but....i loved the people mover, i think it be cool that if they brough it back. i would totally ride it! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cartoon/mickeymouse.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

cstephens
05-28-2010, 09:24 AM
i loved the people mover, i think it be cool that if they brough it back. i would totally ride it!

Just go to Orlando - they still have it there! :)

lovindisneyland
05-28-2010, 10:17 AM
well i don't have that option..and i am asking in what other members think and what there thoughts are. an answer just go to orlando, doesn't really help! But thanks for posting!! :D

darph nader
05-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Just go to Orlando - they still have it there! :)

That's not an option for us either. :mad: Unless someone is willing to foot the bill. :eyeroll:

lovindisneyland
05-28-2010, 10:24 AM
maybe you and i and your family we can go together..but we would have to pan handle just to get there!! LOL .. :)

anyhow i guess i forgot to add that i have read many threads that have to do with bringing one certain ride back from yesterland. and it just seems that the majority liked (or loved) the people mover and skyway. and i just want to know the thoughs and feelings that members have IF disney just happen to bring back PM and Skyway.(not saying that they will)

DebT
05-28-2010, 11:21 AM
I miss skyway. I would be thrilled if it was brought back. Don't think I ever rode the peoplemover....

darph nader
05-28-2010, 11:23 AM
maybe you and i and your family we can go together..but we would have to pan handle just to get there!! LOL .. :)

anyhow i guess i forgot to add that i have read many threads that have to do with bringing one certain ride back from yesterland. and it just seems that the majority liked (or loved) the people mover and skyway. and i just want to know the thoughs and feelings that members have IF disney just happen to bring back PM and Skyway.(not saying that they will)

The infrastructure for the PM is stiil there,albet in disrepair I'm sure. :(
Bringing back the Skyway would be a 'major' pain in the fanny. :|

lovindisneyland
05-28-2010, 12:06 PM
The infrastructure for the PM is stiil there,albet in disrepair I'm sure. :(
Bringing back the Skyway would be a 'major' pain in the fanny. :|

actually from when i saw it.. the trak looked fine for PM, needed to be racked free of leaves and such, but the track was never taken out. Oh and u know what i just realized they would not be able to bring skyway back, becuase they use that line to connect into matterhorn so that tinkerbell can fly on it during the fireworks!!:)

danyoung
05-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Umm, I don't know if you're kidding or not, but no, that's not the same line. Plus, there used to be a giant hole in the middle of the Matterhorn for the Skyway to go through. It's no longer there.

oregontraveler
05-28-2010, 12:11 PM
I would love both to come back, but PM is a more realistic goal. No matter what though, any new ride vehicles will be modified to prevent escape & injury. If it wasn't for the Rocket Rods, they could bring back the original design.

DrAlice
05-28-2010, 12:14 PM
I would be Happy!!!!!!!!! :)

I loved the PeopleMovers. Awesome foot rest/air conditioning/views of Tomorrowland.

stan4d_steph
05-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Confused, because both have been essentially completely removed from the park. Why go back?

Drince88
05-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I agree, Steph. Though I would like to see them fix the observatron in that area - they had the music playing when I was there, and nothing happening.

And unless you're being prevented from leaving the state by the civil authorities, everyone COULD go to Orlando, you just CHOOSE not to spend your money and time that way.

shna
05-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I really don't care about either one. :|

curtsinore
05-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Why go back?
As a nine year old kid in 1965 it allowed me to go high into the air and see!!!!having never been on a plane or "soaring" it was that opportunity to slowly see what was below and the whole layout of the park. Our oregon state fair has a ski chair lift ride that lifts rider from one side of the park to the other side. The beauty is going over the midway with all its lights. And, at 54 years of age, the ride requires nothing of me but sitting back and relaxing. There are very few rides at disneyland that require nothing of the vistor but to sit and relax.

How would I feel?
More likely to return to the disney parks as I age. I am discovering that there are fewer quiet venues that don't rattle me, don't tire me, that don't make me feel old. So sitting in the mickey wheel, Mark twain, monorail give rest time, away from the noise, screaming, turning around in circles and holding on for dear life!!! I just want a seat, quiet and restful. And the Train is fine, just that the visits to the grand canyon has become loud and lost its luster.

gotchalk
05-28-2010, 02:22 PM
I enjoyed the people mover, I would love to see it brought back, it was relaxing and long enough to get a rest...sometimes you just need a slow relaxing ride. My favorite part was simply all the outside areas, great for people watching!

lovindisneyland
05-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Umm, I don't know if you're kidding or not, but no, that's not the same line. Plus, there used to be a giant hole in the middle of the Matterhorn for the Skyway to go through. It's no longer there.

does it matter if i don't know my lines? lol :D

cstephens
05-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Both would also have to be ADA compliant, which would require quite a bit of adaptation, especially in the case of the Skyway, and there are also issues with the Skyway that would probably prevent them ever being completely open.

SbJasmine
05-28-2010, 06:47 PM
I LOVED both of those rides. They were a few of the times you could sit and just be with your family while still getting a great view and experience. Plus there was never a line for the people mover ;-) I went on the one at WDW in 2008 but of course it was different from what I remember at DL in the late 70s and 80s. I really like getting to experience the ambiance of DL and both those rides let you have a bird's eye view of it. I'm sure they will never bring them back for many reasons mentioned but I really did enjoy them!

Susie63
05-29-2010, 06:44 AM
What was the people mover? I visited DL for the first time this year. Any ride that dosen't attempt to turn me into a milkshake sounds good to me:D

danyoung
05-29-2010, 07:54 AM
It was a slow moving ride that went all around Tomorrowland. The unique thing about them was that the motors were in the tracks - rotating wheels that scooted your vehicle smoothly along. The tracks are still there, having also been used for the short-lived Rocket Rods ride.

mousecanuck
05-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Would love a couple more lazy rides. As mentioned before, these are a nice, quiet little break for those times when you need one. I love the comment that as a kid, a view from above was very, very cool. I still like a view from above, I visit Disneyland and a few other places on Google Earth whenever the mood strikes and totally love it - wish I could get just a little closer;)

Malcon10t
05-30-2010, 08:00 AM
does it matter if i don't know my lines? lol :DHere is a photo so you can better understand. You can see the Skyway is considerably lower than the Tink line. The tunnel through the Matterhorn is has been closed over. (Photo is from Yesterland.)

http://www.yesterland.com/images-background/insidematterhorn_outside.jpg

EeyoreAdorer
05-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Here is a photo so you can better understand. You can see the Skyway is considerably lower than the Tink line. The tunnel through the Matterhorn is has been closed over. (Photo is from Yesterland.)

Thanks for the trip back in time and the link to that website. I'd forgotten all about it.

darph nader
05-30-2010, 09:01 AM
I agree, Steph. Though I would like to see them fix the observatron in that area - they had the music playing when I was there, and nothing happening.

And unless you're being prevented from leaving the state by the civil authorities, everyone COULD go to Orlando, you just CHOOSE not to spend your money and time that way.

I know this isn't going to sound right in typed form,but given some cirrcumstances,there are some of us who just 'can't' afford a trip that far. :(
Would we like to go to WDW? Heck yes. But the cost of just getting there and back would fund a 5 day stay in So. Cal.
My dream vacation would be to fly to Austrailia and drink a stubby at the base of Uluru. :cool: