PDA

View Full Version : Submarine Voyage: "Flagged" by CMs and WDI.

MonorailMan
03-18-2003, 04:45 PM
More bout the subs:

Not only have new flags been installed on the flag pole, it seems that on sunday, there were CMs taking pictures, and behind the scenes for the Subs. Not only had I seen a CM come out from the Sub Repair area, I also saw several CMs taking pictures of the lagoon.

Man, I'm getting excited. :D :D :eek:

DisneyFan25863
03-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
More bout the subs:

Not only have new flags been installed on the flag pole, it seems that on sunday, there were CMs taking pictures, and behind the scenes for the Subs. Not only had I seen a CM come out from the Sub Repair area, I also saw several CMs taking pictures of the lagoon.

Man, I'm getting excited. :D :D :eek:

Yay! Why else would they replace the flags if they wern't going to do anything with the attraction! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Laffite
03-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Uh-oh. I think -I- better go take the pictures! :eek:

MonorailMan
03-18-2003, 07:27 PM
Here's A Question For The Pot:

Should the lights/flagpole be repainted gold, or left as blue?

Ace
03-18-2003, 07:52 PM
I seriously wish I knew which flagpoles those were.....

but anyway, the only thing I can remember about the Sub Voyage was 1) getting out of a sub once and 2) a sea monster through the porthole (on the RIGHT side). I can't remember submerging, or going into the show scenes, or anything. I also seem to remember the seating being two seats facing forward on each side with 2 people sharing the same porthole, but I saw a picture where it was side-facing seats with individual portholes. Bringing back the Subs, even without upgrades (I hope they at least clean it up) is a step in the right direction for both Rasulo (who seems like he might actually do some good at the resort) and the park. If enough guests comment on how great it was to finally have it back, etc., then maybe peoplemover will be next. Please.

rexfarms
03-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Somebody quick post a pic. lol

Laffite
03-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Somebody quick post a pic. lol

Saturday. But I know someone'll beat me to it.

rexfarms
03-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Thats fine, I can wait lol. BTW how come your not on AIM much anymore?

03-19-2003, 06:41 AM
Many thanks to all who are watching the lagoon. Maybe a miracle is about to occur.

DaddyB
03-19-2003, 09:43 AM
I can show you what the flags USED to look like. I thought it was shameful that anything inside Disneyland looked that bad.

http://bnjg.home.attbi.com/tornflagslagoon_s.jpg

rexfarms
03-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Interesting, I like that color blue, if it wasnt so fadded. Thanks for the pic. :)

merlinjones
03-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Check out these really cool detail photos of the WDW Nautilus subs, both in and out of the water!

http://www.20k.com/pages/content/wdw/wdw.html

It has been often documented that those subs are much longer than Dl's (and look it from these pix), so wouldn't fit the clearances in our lagoon. But...

Anyone think elements of these Nautilus sub facades (still extant in storage) could be grafted/welded onto DL hulls? Or maybe are there molds for these designs which could produce some fiberglass elements to create an adapted facade for our subs (ours have different dimensions, clearly)? Possible? Too expensive?

Who knows more about the subs and would hazard an educated opinion?

It might be a pipe dream, but it would just be SO cool to see the Nautilus at Disneyland!

:)

Tigertail777
03-19-2003, 03:37 PM
I too second the idea of nautilus subs that would be so cool! And it seems like if they added fiberglass structures to the outsides, if they were sealed correctly, it would help prevent rust and corrosion. Or they could drain the lagoon, and go for a dry set, that only has the illusion that its underwater like the Disneyseas one. They could still even have a lagoon look by putting plexiglass sheeting as a "roof" over the whole thing, and covering it with a few feet of blue colored water, leaving only the sub track area in deeper water, so the tracks and subs would be enclosed in their own plexiglass tank, while the show sets would remain dry seperately. This would give the illusion of being underwater, and would allow for more realistic AA movement in the show scenes. And If there is room enough in the middle, you could put a seafood restaurant in the middle of the lagoon under the plexiglass roof. You could disguise the restaurant as a sunken ship but restarant goers could look out of its portholes while dining and see the subs go by. Granted this is all extensive work, and would require some cash to do, but hey I am dreaming here! LOL Yes I know its a confusing concept.. I could sketch it out better than just describing it.:rolleyes:

Laffite
03-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Thats fine, I can wait lol. BTW how come your not on AIM much anymore?

Sorry! I don't have it "starting when windows start". Keep checking!