PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel Makeover

MousePlanet AutoPoster
05-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Big news...Today we're sharing details and concept art that will give the Disneyland Hotel a fun, fresh makeover. The pool area is getting a whole new look, including a brand-new pool, all-new immersive water play area and a complete redesign of the Never Land Pool. Plans also call for a new restaurant and bar, and re-theming of the hotel's three guest room towers.

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DisneyParks/~3/_7OXjLyRRkU/)

darph nader
05-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Kinda cool lookin. Of course what's on paper may be totally differant a few years from now. :eyeroll:

goalieump413
05-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Ok, so it's a better use of some space where the current remote control boats thing is, but it looks like they're taking out the hidden waterfall in front of the Wonder (Frontier) tower? That was a nice shady place to take a few moments in the evening. It also looks like there's still going to be a lot of wasted/unused space on the SW corner of the hotel grounds. A big grass field, but otherwise... what?

I love the idea of the original themed Disneyland park signage and waterslide thing. It might be a good look to return the grounds to a retro/original theme. Afterall, it IS Disneyland...

But overall, I'm not sold on this layout.

Mark Mywords
05-27-2010, 08:49 AM
"A new “smart casual” dining concept will feature Tahitian architecture that is reminiscent of the ’50s and ’60s era of the hotel and the original Tahitian Terrace restaurant in Disneyland park. A new bar will draw on the adventure theme from the Jungle Cruise attraction."

Ooooh... I am so there!

ssturgeo
05-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Love the old DL hotel signage.....not crazy about the water slides...even with many children in the pool, it was a relaxing area....do not think it will be so with the slides. Loved looking out of our room at night and seeing the pirate ship lit up.

And...new tower names again...good grief...they just got renames!!

It will be interesting to see how it all comes together...I too hate to see the waterfall area go...lovely place to walk and for pictures.

BVKMM
05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Did I miss construction start dates? Just hoping they don't shut down all the pools at once to speed up the process. Or at least hope they wait until after my trip! :p

disneyshoes
05-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Did I miss construction start dates? Just hoping they don't shut down all the pools at once to speed up the process. Or at least hope they wait until after my trip! :p

Me too- I would have to change my reservation if they shut down the pool- that is the whole reason we are staying there- the kids love that pool :)

EeyoreAdorer
05-31-2010, 08:04 AM
I just read that they're removing the waterfalls and the koi pond, as well. The waterfalls are one of my favorite parts of the hotel grounds :crying:

Does anyone know, or has heard, when construction will start on the removal process? I'm hoping that they're still 'up' when we're there, for one last farewell visit.

disneyshoes
05-31-2010, 09:21 PM
I just read that they're removing the waterfalls and the koi pond, as well. The waterfalls are one of my favorite parts of the hotel grounds :crying:

Does anyone know, or has heard, when construction will start on the removal process? I'm hoping that they're still 'up' when we're there, for one last farewell visit.

Hopefully after summer when it is not soo busy :)

goalieump413
06-01-2010, 07:22 AM

It looked like they were going to start in this summer. Taken from the Disneyland update...

Construction of the new pool area and dining complex begins this August. From the press release, the new pool area and dining venues opens by Summer 2011, after which the existing pool closes for renovation. Disney says that a pool becomes available to all Disneyland Hotel guests during the construction period, and the entire project is expected to be complete by Summer 2012.

This sucks because I really liked the waterfall and Koi pond area. Nice and shady... My family and I had only been there one time, but it became a fast favorite spot of ours after a long day of sauntering through the parks.

So, if I were you, I'd plan to visit this summer before August.

olegc
06-01-2010, 07:54 AM
I liked the waterfall area as well - if only because it was a unique thing to do with the landscape you had. The word on the web that this area (and the old Dancing Waters area) will be converted to a large grass covered area to host large functions. great....

I found it very interesting that the hotels took a turn to nostalgia - the new theming of the pool AND the name change to the towers - when for the WoC show Iger was all about fresh and new. I guess they should make sure he does not show up at the hotels any time soon. :p

disneyshoes
06-02-2010, 08:05 AM
I will miss the waterfalls--- we will be there the first week in August I hope construction starts after that so the kids can see it all before it changes...

kiki
06-03-2010, 11:17 AM
I dont know if I missed it or not but are they getting rid of the beachlike pool also

Teddi
06-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Yes yes yes, the cove pools are also gone.

Sorry, but I am not overly happy about these changes.

Room renovations- BIG plus.
Newer, bigger pool and two spas, Big plus.
Big fancy cool slides, big plus.
Losing the abandoned fantasy water, medium plus.

Losing the two cove pools, small minus.
Losing the volleyball/beach, small minus.
Losing the arcade (it may be just moved elsewhere), small minus.
Losing the crystal shop, small minus.
Losing the remote control boats, medium minus.
Losing the koi poinds, BIG MINUS
Losing the waterfalls, BIG MINUS.

Gaining a TON OF GRASS area that has nothing to do but be grass ....
BIG WHOOP!

Now, I could cope with these things if they would at least leave the waterfalls, move skull rock and the koi ponds elsewhere (like maybe part of the BIG GRASS AREA)?

Imaginears
06-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I just saw the new hotel pool make-over and was so excited to see the new design, I rushed right over to the discussion board to see what others were saying. Truly the new design is magnificent, and was so pleased to see a wonderful, whimsical design that still honors the history of the resort. BUT!....I didn't realise the new design would be eliminating the giant waterfall in front of the new Frontierland tower.:crying: Why must that come down? it takes very little space and is a wonderful feature for people to congregate around. I've just gone from elated to Crestfallen. Are we SURE the Waterfall will go? (And as is in my nature) Is there anyway we can change Disney's mind to keep instead of kill the Waterfall feature but still go ahead with the rest of the design?

Imaginears
06-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Wow, I just went back to the updates page and now see where it states the removal of the waterfall. To me, this is a tagedy. As a kid every year my family request and fought tooth and nail for a room in the Bonita tower, expressly for the wonderful views of the waterfall down below. This design doesn't seem to NEED to demolish! Anyone have ideas about who can be contacted to save this one feature!:confused:

EeyoreAdorer
06-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Wow, I just went back to the updates page and now see where it states the removal of the waterfall. To me, this is a tagedy. As a kid every year my family request and fought tooth and nail for a room in the Bonita tower, expressly for the wonderful views of the waterfall down below. This design doesn't seem to NEED to demolish! Anyone have ideas about who can be contacted to save this one feature!:confused:

We did the same thing when staying at the Disneyland Hotel. And took many photos in and in front of it over the years. It would be sad if that was all that we had left of this wonderful feature.

Wouldn't it be nice if a petition could be started?

goalieump413
06-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Does anyone know of the mailing or email address for the hotel management and/or president of operations? I'd like to send a letter to them regarding the removal of the waterfall and koi pond.

Imaginears
06-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Does anyone know of the mailing or email address for the hotel management and/or president of operations? I'd like to send a letter to them regarding the removal of the waterfall and koi pond.
If you find out can you post it and let us all voice our opinion. They really have a winning design for the new pool, but why would it be necessary to tear out such a beautiful feature to pave over it with a patch of grass?

disneyshoes
06-04-2010, 10:37 AM
If you find out can you post it and let us all voice our opinion. They really have a winning design for the new pool, but why would it be necessary to tear out such a beautiful feature to pave over it with a patch of grass?

Agree let's all send something in ~~~ maybe they are unaware how much people enjoy the waterfall.

Imaginears
06-05-2010, 02:35 PM
I contacted the disney resort and am waiting to speak with the person in charge of Public relations for the new Hotel pool design. When I speak with him/her, I will definately post the proper place and person to contact for those wishing to express concern over the removal of the Bonita tower waterful!!! Remember it's not over 'till the wrecking ball screams!:p

Teddi
06-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Please do keep us updated. I'd like to express my feelings to them also.