PDA

View Full Version : Have You Seen this Cartoon?

wdtv
03-18-2003, 01:18 PM
http://www.responsiblewealth.org/shareholder/2000/disney/RWMK-1.html
How true this is. Thank the good lord that Pressler is gone. The guy that replaced him already gets an A in my book ... he actaully wants to put something back in the Tomorrowland lagoon (And it's not a shop!)

Gemini Cricket
03-18-2003, 01:43 PM
It's a cool cartoon. I like the ending. I think it's the only part that's fiction. ;) :D

hbquikcomjamesl
03-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Thank the good lord that Pressler is gone. The guy that replaced him already gets an A in my bookI, too, like what Pressler's replacement has accomplished, but I was under the impression that the individual in question was not a "guy" at all.

Gemini Cricket
03-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
I, too, like what Pressler's replacement has accomplished, but I was under the impression that the individual in question was not a "guy" at all.
I thought the "guy" was Eisner. :confused:

refurbmike
03-18-2003, 02:23 PM
I'm assuming you're refering to Jay. He is a "guy," to my knowledge.

hbquikcomjamesl
03-18-2003, 02:23 PM
I thought the "guy" was Eisner.
Uh, no, Eisner's the boss over ALL of the Disney organization (and while he's often referred to as the "anti-Walt," I'd say that moniker fits much better on Pressler.

It was my impression that Cynthia Harriss was (and is) Pressler's replacement. And I don't think I've ever heard of a "guy" who answers to the name "Cynthia." Unless he's planning on some highly specialized surgery.:rolleyes:

refurbmike
03-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Paul Pressler was the President of Disney Parks and Resort. Jay Rasulo was his replacement.

Cynthia Harriss is the President of Disneyland Resort.

hbquikcomjamesl
03-18-2003, 02:33 PM
And how do Jay and Cynthia fit into the chain of command?:confused: (This is starting to look like what Amtrak had before David Gunn came in: too many chiefs.)

furbE95
03-18-2003, 02:51 PM
It's quiet simple. Jay Rasulo is in charge of ALL of the parks. DLR, DLP, and WDW.

Cynthia Harris is in charge of ONLY Disneyland.

The cartoon is obviously not talking about Harris because all of the parks have been called into question, not just disneyland.

Anways, the important thing is that the cartoon is about Eisner. End of story. He is the only one who the "Nobles" (or shareholders) could demand give out the gold. The cartoon is not just talking about the parks, but the whole way the company is run. It's saying that Eisner and the entire Board of directors run the company on greed.

BTW, did anyone read today's Miceage update by Kevin? IT said that Disney was voted the worst Board of Directors by Business week in 1999 and 2000. This probably would have continued if not for WorldCom, Enron, etc. Read his update. A lot of what he says ties in with this cartoon (which he features).

Techie7
03-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by furbE95
Cynthia Harris is in charge of ONLY Disneyland.

Actually Cynthia is President of the Disneyland Resort which including both theme parks, Downtown Disney, and the three hotels.

furbE95
03-18-2003, 05:39 PM
ok the disneyland RESORT. I'm just saying she has nothing to do with wdw or disneyland paris. That's Rasulo.

jslivinski
03-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Good cartoon, thanks for sharing it.

mkyears
03-29-2003, 09:55 AM
It's Jay that's making most the possitive changes around the park these days. Cynthia brings park plans to Jay for his approval. Most recently the submarines etc. I say Alright Jay Kick A$%.

I think things are starting to look very optimistic new pooh ride which yes I rode and it's not an E ticket but it's better than nothing. Tower of terror which Is gonna be great. Tommorowland fix ups, and possibly a not so bad 50th. Now let's just think what would be going on if pressler was still around.

My Guess: Tower of Terror and Pooh would still be coming
Tommorowland fixes no way . If anything a very very cheap fix up of space mountain. No Subs wouldn't even cross his mind. 50th a huge merchandise shwing ding that's about it.

I say thank god for jay and hopefully cynthia will follow in his footsteps and not presslers

wdtv
03-29-2003, 11:24 AM
I think there is a good chance that she will follow in Jay's footsteps. It is fairly obvious that she cares for the park and is very passionate about it. And at the same time, she knows how to rake in the money. Examples? The HM holiday dinner and the wonderful merchandise events. These are all beautifully themed and definately worth the money.
Imagine if Pressler put on a merchandise event... :eek: :mad: