PDA

View Full Version : Wiggles at DCA?

Christiii
03-18-2003, 09:42 AM
OK, Ive heard it siad that the Wiggles (ugh!) are going to be at the opening of playhouse Disney on April 11th...I mentioned this to a friend with a kid, and they are Wiggles freaks so she is on the phone as we speak planning a trip...soooooo...are they really going to be there?? or is she going to kill me?? any more info would be great!! HELP!

justagrrl
03-18-2003, 10:17 AM
(sings)

Oh cold spaghetti cold spaghetti... mashed banana mashed banana...

My son loves them. I don't know if they'll be there or not but I guess I should find out so we can join the mob scene that's sure to be there.

Grandbreaker
03-18-2003, 12:02 PM
Well I can say that there manager was at the Grand 2-3 weeks ago maybe they will be there? I don't know I will try to find out.

AlanaP
03-18-2003, 12:44 PM
The Disney channel has been having a contest and the prize is a trip to DCA to see the Wiggles at the Opening of Playhouse Disney...
I have asked CM's a few times if this is going to be open to the public, and they dont know anything..soo...we will see. I plan on staking it out though! I LOVE Anthony!!!no erm.. uh.. my TWO year old does..um..

cirquelover
03-18-2003, 03:10 PM
That would be my sons idea of heaven, The Wiggles, Playhouse Disney and Disneyland all togther!! What more could a child want, besides a bowl of sugar which Disney would be happy to supply:D
I haven't seen the ads on Disney channel but I'm sure if the kid does he will let me know!

jslivinski
03-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Christiii
OK, Ive heard it siad that the Wiggles (ugh!) are going to be at the opening of playhouse Disney on April 11th...I mentioned this to a friend with a kid, and they are Wiggles freaks so she is on the phone as we speak planning a trip...soooooo...are they really going to be there?? or is she going to kill me?? any more info would be great!! HELP! Hum, I think I read this identical post somewhere else today.:) Anyway, I checked out their web site today and it doesn't say anything about being at DCA, but their Asia tour ends at the end of March, so it is entirely possible that they will be there.

adriennek
03-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by AlanaP
I LOVE Anthony!!!no erm.. uh.. my TWO year old does..um..

teee heee heee heee-- I know what you mean.... :eek: :~D :D

Glad I'm not the only one. Whose, uhm, child loves Anthony I mean, of course.

Adrienne K

AlanaP
03-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Well Adrienne.. I have always dreamed of being cool enough to meet some MP'ers..maybe if you are going to stalk..er..um.. go to DCA and try to see the Wiggles on the 11th I will see you there!

Tink
03-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Ugh!!!
I wish I'd never read this!!! Now I have a huge guilt complex - thanks.

When the Wiggles were in San Diego recently we missed the concert to go to Disneyland - I thought that I was home free at this point. Then my husband promised my 4-year-old son that we would see them next chance we got - Ahhhhhhhhhh.

My daughter and I will be in Anaheim on the 9th & 10th and now I guess I'll have to invite 'the boys' up for the 11th to see the Wiggles - frickinfrackenriggleraggin.

Someone has to admit that it's a little strange watching 4 grown men sing those silly childrens songs and dance those wiggly dances with their huge sweat stains plainly visible...

And what's up with the Wiggle's guy in the purple shirt anyway? Why doesn't he have any eyebrows and why is his mouth always open??? And why is he always tired? Is it from continually having his eyes and mouth as wide open as possible?

I can't believe this.....Why Me!!:crying:

Hmmmm, I never saw this thread - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:rolleyes:

AlanaP
03-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Tink~
I think you may be safe.. I really think that the Wiggles thing will be by invite only..we Anthony stalkers will just have to be happy with standing outside KNOWING hes in there!!

Lashbear
03-18-2003, 05:58 PM
*YAY* A Successful Australian Export ! (Mel Thing doesn't count as he's a homophobic scoundrel, and Paul Hogan is just....himself)

Nicole is pretty good, though. Wonder if she would like to join the Wiggles !?

adriennek
03-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by AlanaP
I think you may be safe.. I really think that the Wiggles thing will be by invite only..we Anthony stalkers will just have to be happy with standing outside KNOWING hes in there!!

The really sad part for me is that I have a guaranteed way to see the Wiggles if I wanted to- but I can't take the kids if I took it :(

And really, while seeing Anthony would be all about Mommy, seeing all four of them would be all about the boys. I wouldn't call myself a stalker. Let's just say I appreciate Anthony's talents. Actually, I'm old, so I think Greg's really sweet, too- I mean, he just seems like he would be such a good Dad, KWIM?

Adrienne K

Wizard69
03-18-2003, 08:06 PM
The Wiggles.. GAG!! God I hate them..they are annoying as heck...

stinkerbell
03-18-2003, 11:01 PM
After missing the boat (Thank GOODNESS, by the way!) with the Wiggles in Portland a few weeks back, I got all excited, thinking I could redeem myself......oh well. No Wiggles while we're there? Oh, that's just too bad! :~)

But I'm sooo excited for the girls to see the Playhouse Disney stuff. They're so excited, since we got our AP thingie in the mail the other day! :)

AlanaP
03-19-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by adriennek
The really sad part for me is that I have a guaranteed way to see the Wiggles if I wanted to- but I can't take the kids if I took it :(

And really, while seeing Anthony would be all about Mommy, seeing all four of them would be all about the boys. I wouldn't call myself a stalker. Let's just say I appreciate Anthony's talents. Actually, I'm old, so I think Greg's really sweet, too- I mean, he just seems like he would be such a good Dad, KWIM?

Adrienne K
Yeah .. you suck!
not really..but do you or can you get any info about un special people getting in to that show??

Anthony was in Aussie when they were here in Long Beach, because his MIL opassed away, so we had a stand in..it wasnt the same, Greg is really sweet.. and the heart of the Wiggles...

scaeagles
03-19-2003, 07:34 AM
On the Wiggles website I think it said that Anthony was named one of the most eligible bachelors in Austrailia.

While their music is annoying, it is catchy! I har it so much I wake up in the morning singing them.

We took my 18 month old and 3.5 year old to a Wiggles concert in Phoenix. They used to drive me nuts, too, but that changed. When they came into the audience to gather roses, my 18 month old daughter got to hand Murray a rose and he was very kind and posed for pics with her and seemed very genuine - in the moment it was obvious to me that he really loves kids.

While this may not make me popular amongst Playhouse Disney addicts, I'll take them over that mind numbing Roly Poly Olly or PBJ Otter any day.

adriennek
03-19-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by scaeagles
While this may not make me popular amongst Playhouse Disney addicts, I'll take them over that mind numbing Roly Poly Olly or PBJ Otter any day.

Well, I frequently try to turn off Playhouse Disney when RPO or PBJOtter is on, personally. Bear in the Big Blue House and Wiggles are just awesome, IMO.

I don't think that Wiggles music is annoying, but then I've been surrounded by Early Childhood Educators my entire life. It's good stuff.

And I totally believe that they love kids. Three of them were in school to be early childhood educators. This isn't one of those "let's audition people to put together a kids' band!" deals.

If you watch the videos carefully- you'll see pictures of people "behind the scenes." From watching those and the credits, it's apparent that this is a family affair. From what I've seen, Anthony's brother is one of their producers, for example.

Adrienne K

Aussie Mike
03-19-2003, 12:30 PM
Well, we arrive in Anaheim on Apr 13, do you think that they will be performing more than one show ?

As an Australian, its great following their career from Shopping centres in Melbourne to their latest development, our boys 8 and 6 have grown up on their catch tunes, (Are they The Beatles of the kids ?)

Aussie Mike
03-19-2003, 12:52 PM
The latest from their touring area.

"At this time we do not have any information regarding a Disney visit. We handle all Wiggles touring in the US and this event is being handled by Disney themselves. Once information is finalized, I am sure the information will be posted on The Wiggles web site."

Thanks and keep wiggling
D19 Productions