PDA

View Full Version : New scenes added to WDW's Toy Story Mania [5/23]

AVP
05-22-2010, 05:27 AM
According to a tweet posted earlier today by kennythepirate (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/member.php?u=15569), the new Toy Story 3 scenes were added to Toy Story Mania in Walt Disney World today. We'll know soon if DCA also "flipped the switch" last night.

AVP

AVP
05-22-2010, 06:47 PM
DCA's new scenes WERE added this morning!

AVP

currence
05-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks AVP. I was going to post earlier "does no one have a Premium pass anymore?" when I remembered that everyone with Premium passes was torturing themselves with the 20-hour MouseAdventure!

Now for someone to figure out what the easter eggs are on the new scenes!

olegc
05-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Thanks AVP. I was going to post earlier "does no one have a Premium pass anymore?" when I remembered that everyone with Premium passes was torturing themselves with the 20-hour MouseAdventure!

Now for someone to figure out what the easter eggs are on the new scenes!

um, not everyone.... :crying:

currence
05-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Yes, it was very :crying: the year we downgraded from Premium to So Cal. We've since gone back up to Deluxe (Thanks Costco) and I don't think I can go down again. It will be hard when we have 4 passes to buy. I know the majority of passholders are not Premiums, which is why I wasn't as surprised that it took so long for confirmation of the change.

I imagine if this had happened on a day when there wasn't a MouseAdventure going on, and the So Cal passes were valid, we would have learned a lot more information a lot faster. Here's to hoping that people who aren't playing MouseAdventure tomorrow start posting their thoughts on the changes and any extra triggers that they discover. (Is/was there a way to double your score? How do people get the 500,000+ scores you occassionally see?)

houseofmouse
05-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Any reports?

EeyoreAdorer
05-23-2010, 08:01 AM
DCA's new scenes WERE added this morning!

AVP

Thanks for the update! Not too much longer til I get to see the new scenes fof myself :).

potzbie
05-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Last time I stood in line for Toy Story Midway Mania, (a few days after MousePlanet posters said the down-time was due to a new feature being added), the ride did not open until noon.

Q. Is the ride now opening at the same hour as the opening of DCA?
10:00 a.m. weekdays?

Q. Is the down-time gone?
Any breakdowns lately?

The ride broke down while I was in the queue, so I never saw what the upgrade was, or even if it was implemented. I did not retry later in the day.

currence
05-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, I still don't know how to get an amazing score, but we did hit the ride after MouseAdventure. I'm glad I normally refuse to wait when it's 1+ hour. I miss the Baalloon Pop, but I liked the new dino themed version. Not knowing what the easter eggs are, I felt inadequate. The re-hosting of Hamm & Eggs was very subtle with Buttercup (?) replacing Rex, since he has his own game to host now.

My favorite part of the upgrade was the ending. Previously, it showed the highest three scores for the day and the highest score for the month. That was sort of cool if you got there first thing when it wasn't very crowded, I think my husband had 2 of 3 or possibly 3 of 3 of the highest scores of the day at one point, but a few hours later I'm sure they were wiped out.

Now, they show in biggest font the highest score of the train, then down below they show in a smaller size the highest score of the hour, day, and month. I really like "competing" against the 8 people in the ride vehicle more than the top three of the day. I also found it interesting that the top score of the day was in the 500,000 range, but the last hour was "only" 300,000 or so.

KarenW2
05-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Saturday was the day we took my friends from Texas to DCA for the day, had our 31st anniversary dinner at Napa Rose's Chef's Counter and then took them into DL for a couple of hours.

YIKES!! We've never gone into DL when it's been totally blocked solid in the middle of Main Street, with people waiting for the fireworks to happen (that ended up getting cancelled!)! What a pain, to be forced to get smashed into a crowd, to have to go all the way down to the front of the castle, to then finally be able to get on the other side of the road, since we were just TRYING to get to the Haunted Mansion!! I couldn't believe they didn't have a break to let people cross into Adventureland!! Who's bright idea was this??

When we started our visit at DCA and got to TSMM, the wait time on the sign said 40 minutes from the entry, but I don't know how long it took, since I looked at my cell when we entered (it was 12 noon exactly), but since it took us a while of wrapping round and round and we were talking with my friends so much, I forgot to look at my cell when we reached the handicapped waiting area that's past the regular entry for the ride.

I really like seeing the unicorn at the first game, but I do miss getting the rainbow balloons, when we hit all the corner balloons. I liked the other changes, especially the highest score in the car, since there's never a time when either of us was able to get scores anywhere near those who are the frequent visitors! We're both happy when we get over 100,000!!

After we exited and went to check out the nearby photo ops, we were surprised to see that Mr. Potato Head had all the curtains down, so you couldn't see or hear him. He didn't talk at all when we were going past him, but we heard him for a few minutes, when we were going thru the queue later on. I wonder what happened to him!

adriennek
05-24-2010, 07:03 AM
There are velociraptors. They are red.

There are some balloons on a tree that are obscuring some yellow dinosaurs. When you hit them, the yellow dinosaurs pop up worth 1000 points.

That's all I got because 1- I was trying to figure out which dinosaurs are velociraptors and 2- I wasn't supposed to play so only got a little play time after I figured out what I was supposed to figure out.

Adrienne

olegc
05-24-2010, 07:24 AM
There are velociraptors. They are red.
That's all I got because 1- I was trying to figure out which dinosaurs are velociraptors and 2- I wasn't supposed to play so only got a little play time after I figured out what I was supposed to figure out.

you have boys and you don't know what a velociraptor looks like? wow... :p

adriennek
05-24-2010, 07:56 AM
you have boys and you don't know what a velociraptor looks like? wow... :p

Yeah, that's what the rest of the MP staff at MA said to me.

Look, we're not Dinosaur people. They can tell you ALL about every Pixar movie ever made (to include cast and crew credits and every single bit of bonus material on the DVDs,) Disney Theme Parks, Trains, Legos, Bionicles, and a boat load about Space - Dinosaurs just aren't their THING. They probably know the differences between dinosaurs but they never really cared enough that I had to pick it up along the way. There was the time that someone tried to "add" Dinosaurs to their list. Someone gave Cman a big box of Dinosaur stuff - clothes, books, toys, you name it. It didn't work.

Sorry to disappoint everyone. ;) But if they were in a room with a bunch of Disney Pixar Executives, they could name each one and say what movie(s) he/she worked on and in what capacity. If there was a question about Pete Docter or Andrew Stanton or Bob Peterson images, I'm your mom.

Adrienne

stan4d_steph
05-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Hopefully someone will post the new Easter egg for the dino balloon game. I rode but didn't get to play. I had to determine which of the new targets should be used for the MA game. I'm the one who picked velociraptor.

Toocherie
05-26-2010, 12:51 PM
we did "something" (not sure what--maybe hitting all the balloons in the corners?) and the volcano "erupted" with higher value balloons. or maybe the volcano erupts all the time and we just thought we did it?

BunnyCups
05-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Wow! :O Really shocked this hasn't been posted yet.

For the new level, you start at the volcano.

There's ONE squiggle of lava coming out at the start. Pop it. Then pop other things for a few seconds until it respawns.

Then TWO squiggles appear. Pop the two. Pop stuff...

Then THREE squiggles appear. Pop the three squiggles of lava, and the volcano will erupt with high point balloons for a while.

After it's done erupting and you get a lot of points from the eruption balloons, TWO 'comet' type balloons appear on the left and right top corners of the screen. They have to be popped at the same time. Once they are popped, they'll move lower to the ground, with a higher-valued balloon. Do this until they crash to the ground, at which point even MORE higher-valued balloons will explode onto your screen.

Not quite sure of the point values, but that's the jist of it!

candles71
05-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Wow! :O Really shocked this hasn't been posted yet.

For the new level, you start at the volcano.

There's ONE squiggle of lava coming out at the start. Pop it. Then pop other things for a few seconds until it respawns.

Then TWO squiggles appear. Pop the two. Pop stuff...

Then THREE squiggles appear. Pop the three squiggles of lava, and the volcano will erupt with high point balloons for a while.

After it's done erupting and you get a lot of points from the eruption balloons, TWO 'comet' type balloons appear on the left and right top corners of the screen. They have to be popped at the same time. Once they are popped, they'll move lower to the ground, with a higher-valued balloon. Do this until they crash to the ground, at which point even MORE higher-valued balloons will explode onto your screen.

Not quite sure of the point values, but that's the jist of it!

Isn't there a level similar to this on the Wii?