PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Food in DCA

Doodle Duck
03-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Is the Dragon EVER open? Has it ever been open? If so is the food passable?
We have gone on weekends...weekdays and have yet to see it serving since the park opened.
What's the story?

tabacco
03-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Assuming you mean the Lucky Fortune Cookery, it's hardly ever open at all. Maybe this summer there's a chance. I thin they don't bother because the crowds aren't high enough to warrant opening that many restaurants.

cstephens
03-17-2003, 12:24 PM
My recommendation is to find somewhere else to eat. I think you can find better Chinese food at the food court of a good-sized mall. They used to have really good stuff when DCA first opened, but then they slashed the menu in half, of course taking out all the stuff that I like. And, the only thing left on the menu that's Chinese is egg rolls anyway.

Doodle Duck
03-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Well at least you found it open!

I wouldn't expect it to be good I guess anyway.

I'm decidedly not a gormet eater of Chinese anyway...or Mexican for that matter. I'm satisfied with a good size plate of Chop Suey. :-) and a Taco Bell Taco.

Now Italian or Greek, food...now that's another story...;-)

rexfarms
03-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Bread Bowl.

ksejr1
03-17-2003, 02:48 PM
The last time I saw it open was new years eve. My friend ate the food, and she thought it was good.

Lani
03-17-2003, 02:57 PM
There was that greasy spoon Chinese counter in Hollywood & Dine...

cstephens
03-17-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by DoodleDuck(A.E)
I'm decidedly not a gormet eater of Chinese anyway...or Mexican for that matter. I'm satisfied with a good size plate of Chop Suey. :-) and a Taco Bell Taco.

Well, there's chop suey, and then there's GOOD chop suey. ;)

Originally posted by Lani
There was that greasy spoon Chinese counter in Hollywood & Dine...

Ewwwww. I made the mistake of eating there when I went to DCA on an AP preview day. I was glad when they shut that place down.

David Paul Lane
03-17-2003, 04:01 PM
Thay could rotate having the restrants open. But then would we eat there. Like we realy eat there now.

Doodle Duck
03-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Cindy...I hear that! I have been on the hunt for decent Chop Suey since I used to eat at a little joint in Carson City late 90's.
There is a 'pretty good' house Chop Suey in Encinitas but I keep trying for 'really good'.
Any tips would be appreciated as I do love the stuff.

As to the Hollywood and Dine place...Horrible! I tossed mine...uh...prior to eating it. Garbage.

Polar33
03-17-2003, 11:34 PM
I remember that during the DCA previews one of my comments was on the great variaty of food that was offered. Although I had not yet tasted everything, I was quite impressed. Now it seams that every time I visit DCA I am in the mood for Chinese or a burrito and both options are no longer available.

mousey_girl
03-18-2003, 05:50 AM
Since The Boy hit the 48 inch mark in December we have been spending more time at DCA. Our last trip we wanted to eat in the Wharf area. My hubby found something that he wanted right away. The problem was The Boy. There is nothing in that area for a kid to eat unless they like soup or Mexican food. I was very surprised. He was asking for typical fast food offerings and there aren't any.

We ended up at Taste Pilot's Grill.

Like other parks of the park they seem to have forgetten that kids like different things than their parents.

The thing I did like in the Wharf was the Margarita stand. I was able to enjoy a "real" one and The Boy had a strawberry slush.

Wizard69
03-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Taste Pilots is good! Cocina Cucamonga is good too. Especially the steak nachos (with jalapenos of course). You could have always gone to Burger Invasion (overpriced Mc Donalds if he wanted typical fast food). Does he not like Taco Bell or something? Cocina has taco and stuff too. I like all the food at DCA. It is far better quality than DL.

mousey_girl
03-19-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Wizard69
Taste Pilots is good! Cocina Cucamonga is good too. Especially the steak nachos (with jalapenos of course). You could have always gone to Burger Invasion (overpriced Mc Donalds if he wanted typical fast food). Does he not like Taco Bell or something? Cocina has taco and stuff too. I like all the food at DCA. It is far better quality than DL.

The Boy is odd (but at 6 most kids are). He will eat Mexican food only at shcool. For us, no way.

I had wanted to try Taste Pilots, but the Hubby wanted a bread bowl lunch. It wasn't until he found out that a) there was nothing in that area for Nickolas and b) Taste Pilots has beer, that I was able to get him moving in that direction.

Doodle Duck
03-19-2003, 08:44 AM
mmmm....beer.

rexfarms
03-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Interesting way to spell your son's name. I am Nicholas. :)

mousey_girl
03-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Thanks! :D There is a boring story involved, but I won't go there ;) .

rexfarms
03-19-2003, 05:38 PM
Aww c'mon! ;)