PDA

View Full Version : Christmas At The Parks

DisneyFreak2000
07-29-2001, 09:39 PM
If you were given the opprtunity to overhaul the parks for Christmas, what would you do/change? This thread is also a major focus on DCA. What holiday things do you think they can add over there?

Monsento86
07-30-2001, 12:37 AM
According to www.themeparkadventure.com, Disney's California Adventure will present Luminaria! a festival of fire and the californian holidays in the Paradise Bay Lagoon.....I would give this site more credibility if it wasn't for the sub-par logo for Luminara!, that isn't disney quality. I also deduct credibility becasue this is such a far-feched rumor. With that in mind, I am nothing short of hopeful that Luminaria becomes a reality; as it sounds like nothing short of a spectacluar production that DCA needs so much.
--MOnsento

DisneylandKid
07-30-2001, 07:43 AM
I think that this is kind of what the Eureka! parade is (I've never seen it), but I think they should have a holiday parade that focuses on all of the different holidays that California's people celebrate. Then I would add some snow to Redwood Creek Challenge Trail/GRR.

Ralph Wiggum
07-30-2001, 02:25 PM
How about freeze the lake in DCA and have ice skating!!:D :D :D

DisneyFreak2000
07-30-2001, 05:30 PM
Maybe they can put reigndeer antlers on Grizzly Mountain. Or... replace Steps in Time with "Mickey's Nutcracker!" That was a GREAT holiday show.

Ralph- Somewhere in the resort, they should have ice skating. I remember they used to freeze the marina at the DLH, but now they don't have that anymore. Maybe they can freeze the lagoon in Tommorowland. ;)

Flubber
07-31-2001, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000
Maybe they can put reigndeer antlers on Grizzly Mountain. Or... replace Steps in Time with "Mickey's Nutcracker!" That was a GREAT holiday show.

Living in the land of candeeee... (sung to the nutcracker tune by Roger Rabbit) I loved that show.

Flub

DL*Guy
07-31-2001, 05:04 PM
(How about freeze the lake in DCA and have ice skating!!)

That is a great idea!!!!!!

I would also change all the lights in Paradise Pier into Christmas colored lights, kind of like It's a Small World Holiday, but only in DCA. That would be cool!!
Have snow all over GRR and a Santa Hat on da Bear!!

Gandalf
07-31-2001, 06:29 PM
Well, since they are going to close the Bear Jamboree in September maybe they could close ONE of the theaters early. Then find a place in DCA to put on the CBJ Christmas show. There are even some spots over in the Challenge Trail area that are sheltered enough and have ample room for a large portion of the CBJ Christmas show. They could even postpone closing down one CBJ theater until after the Christmas holidays and then be able to have both Parks with a great Bear Christmas in both. Christmas time in the Parks always creates large crowds and they have to be able to see and do things otherwise City Hall is going to be swamped with complaints. The CBJ Christmas show is a way to drain some of the huge crowds into another area of the Parks.

disneyhead
07-31-2001, 06:36 PM
I'd love to see a Santa hat on Griz. also I've seen the Wilderness Lodge done up for Christmas and it is spectacular so I can only imagine what they can do to the Grand Californian. I plan on staying there the first week in Dec.

DisneyFreak2000
07-31-2001, 06:52 PM
I like what Disneyland has done for Christmas, but have yet to see what DCA will do. I think they should put up decorations in the hub, and in various places around the park. They should put Mickey's Nutcracker in the Hyperion Theatre and festive X-mas lights in Paradise Pier. They should put snow on GRR and reigndeer antlers/a Santa Hat. Then build a theatre for the CBJ Christmas show in GRR Area, then after the holiday season put the real show back on. :D :p :)

DisneyFreak2000
08-09-2001, 05:25 PM
And of couse LuminAria

DisneyFreak2000
08-14-2001, 09:33 PM
At Disneyland, are they planning to run two parades during the X-mas season (Parade of the Stars and A Christmas Fantasy)? Or keep it cut back to one. I would like it if they showed Parade of the Stars at day and Christmas Fantasy at night, to have 2 parades again.