PDA

View Full Version : Princess and the frog question

Pages : [1] 2

wfgcarlos
05-14-2010, 06:16 PM
I have a 4 year old daughter who is ALL ABOUT Princess and the Frog right now. I saw on the Disneyland website that Tiana makes appearances in NOS. But there are no times given. Does anyone know how often Tiana sings in NOS? This would make my daughter happy, thereby making me the best daddy in the world. :)

Thank you

Sleeping Beauty's mom
05-14-2010, 06:51 PM
I have the program guide that just ended and it plays
5x/daily except not on Mon, Tues or Wed. Therefore, I would suggest that you check the calendar before you go.
1030, 1130.130. 3 and 5 were the times.
And it is a really cute show, they pick little girls from the audience to dance with the Princess! It really looked like alot of fun for the kids, (of all ages, of course).

houseofmouse
05-14-2010, 08:28 PM
The times are listed on the schedule. FYI it does not say Tiana. Jambalya Jazz is what you need to look up. My times last week were 10:30, a few in between and the one I saw was 3:00 and then 4:30. So the times do change. Only one of those shows, the last one of the day, does she stay and sign autographs and such, the other times she waves and is off. :)

wfgcarlos
05-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Thank you for your help. We're looking forward to our 4 days in the park!

SigalTchelet
05-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Thank you for your help. We're looking forward to our 4 days in the park!
Hiya Neighbor! I am down in Sacramento. I am going next Saturday for 4 days I am glad you brought this up as we are having dinner at Blue Bayou at 5 next Saturday and will look for this show. If you are going down after us, I would be happy to be a fairy godmailer and send her a Princess Tiana postcard.8 days and about 12 hours I will be at the park! :D

candles71
05-15-2010, 01:34 PM
We also, got her in Princess Fantasy Faire, but that is very random who you get.

wfgcarlos
05-16-2010, 08:23 PM
I would be happy to be a fairy godmailer and send her a Princess Tiana postcard.8 days and about 12 hours I will be at the park! :D

That would be AWESOME!! email me pgacarlos@yahoo.com

SigalTchelet
05-16-2010, 08:40 PM
That would be AWESOME!! email me pgacarlos@yahoo.com

I just sent you an e mail.

Voltage888
05-25-2010, 01:49 PM
We were there May 16-21 and Tiana appeared in NOS in the afternoon on at the top of the hour. We saw her three times in one day and the middle time she asked the children to come up and dance and then signed autographs. My girls were in Heaven and I was relieved because I didn't know if we were going to get to see her and I think she ended up being a character that we saw the most of during our visit.

disneylandgirl
05-25-2010, 02:02 PM
I thought she was in the Mark Twain for this little show? At least she was when I saw it...

Drince88
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I thought she was in the Mark Twain for this little show? At least she was when I saw it...

When the River was closed, she moved to a stage area kind of near the train station - but near the water. I don't recall hearing if she's moved back (and had other people besides dancers join her) yet or if that's even planned.

(The Riverboat show includes singing by Dr. F, Prince N, Louis (or rather Louis is there and he plays) as well as dancers - the land show only has Tiana singing and the dancers).

Voltage888
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
When we were there last week she was on the "stage" by the French Market and Cafe Orleans, right in front of one of the walkways by the river. She came out, sang about 4-5 songs along with two male and two female dancers. I think she came out about 3 times in the afternoon...the first appearance she just sang, the 2 she sang maybe one or two songs and then did a meet and greet, the third appearance was just songs.

disneylandgirl
05-25-2010, 03:06 PM
When the River was closed, she moved to a stage area kind of near the train station - but near the water. I don't recall hearing if she's moved back (and had other people besides dancers join her) yet or if that's even planned.

(The Riverboat show includes singing by Dr. F, Prince N, Louis (or rather Louis is there and he plays) as well as dancers - the land show only has Tiana singing and the dancers).

Ohhh right that makes sense. That's neat that she's so close!

wfgcarlos
05-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Thank you all for your posts. My little girl is going to love it next week!(and so will her daddy)

Sleeping Suzi
08-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Is this show/meet and greet still going on? Any one know.

Drince88
08-12-2010, 10:17 AM
I looked for it on the schedule recently, and couldn't find it. Don't know for sure, though.

ETA: I've got a whisper in the back of my mind that she was moving to the Princess place - but it's a faint enough whisper I'm not positive.

Yep, my whisper was right. This recent trip report (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=149269&highlight=tiana) says they met Tiana with at the Princess Fantasy Faire

Sleeping Suzi
08-12-2010, 10:50 AM
As long as she is still there, sometimes at least. There is no real way to know what princesses will be at fan fare when, correct?

twindaddy
08-12-2010, 03:18 PM
As long as she is still there, sometimes at least. There is no real way to know what princesses will be at fan fare when, correct?

Correct. I have two Ariel obsessed girls, and we get her about half the time at the PFF.

Last time we got Ariel, Cinderella, and Tiana...its was pure princess heaven.

Here is a video of my girls meeting Ariel, they were so stunned they were speechless. We have met Ariel a few times, and this was by far the best one..

xTnFX-6SPP0

I would love it if they brought back the Tiana Jubilee parade on the Twain, it was soo neat...about a million times better than the stupid Celebrate Craptastic Parade.

TowerofTerror
08-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Well they still do some Prince and the frog singing by the French Market and after they done singing Tiana does autographs but its nothing like the Prince and FROG jubilee ON THE Twain

JerrodDRagon
08-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Is this show/meet and greet still going on? Any one know.

The last time I went in late July and the show was still going on, I'm sure they'll keep the show until the end of summer...then it might come to a close.

stan4d_steph
08-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Here is a video of my girls meeting Ariel, they were so stunned they were speechless. We have met Ariel a few times, and this was by far the best one..
That is so cute, twindaddy. Thanks for sharing that!

I wish they would bring back the Jubilee too. It was a great show, and fit in wonderfully well in New Orleans Square.

cheshirecatgirl
08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
On Aug 1st, they still had Tiana singing and the dancers on the stage by French Market. They usually come on a few minutes after the Royal St Bachelors are done with their set.

SigalTchelet
08-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Correct. I have two Ariel obsessed girls, and we get her about half the time at the PFF.

Last time we got Ariel, Cinderella, and Tiana...its was pure princess heaven.

xTnFX-6SPP0

I would love it if they brought back the Tiana Jubilee parade on the Twain, it was soo neat...about a million times better than the stupid Celebrate Craptastic Parade.

Twindaddy, that is just too precious for words! You have adorable little girls Thanks for sharing!

twindaddy
08-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Twindaddy, that is just too precious for words! You have adorable little girls Thanks for sharing!

thanks! We really hit the princess trifecta that day, I should have played the lottery or something. My wife hates the video because its ends on a shot of her booty :p

I LOVED the showboat jubilee, it was so much fun...

I will check out the Tiana meet and greet, the girls would love that.....

ChurroGirl
08-13-2010, 07:32 PM
TD your girls are so adorable! How fun that must have been for them:D