PDA

View Full Version : Body dryers to the Disneyland resort

Pages : [1] 2

jcruise86
05-14-2010, 01:32 PM
The Disneyland Resort needs body dryers outside of the exits for Splash Mountain and DCA's Roarin' Rapids. I've read that they are now popular at other theme parks in S. Cal., and some guests would appreciate not being so wet as they walk around after these rides.
Discuss.

woody9six
05-14-2010, 01:38 PM
This would cut into the profit margin since fewer people would be purchasing the plastic "Disney Parks" ponchos. FWIW my wife and I usually swing into Sports Chalet and get the poncho for about $.99.

jcruise86
05-14-2010, 01:46 PM
This would cut into the profit margin since fewer people would be purchasing the plastic "Disney Parks" ponchos. FWIW my wife and I usually swing into Sports Chalet and get the poncho for about $.99.
Most guests don't wear ponchos and some would really appreciate a body dryer option.

Bytebear
05-14-2010, 01:54 PM
I am sure Disney would much rather their guest buy a nice dry warm tee-shirt or sweatshirt from one of their many retail shops.

jcruise86
05-14-2010, 01:56 PM
I am sure Disney would much rather their guest buy a nice dry warm tee-shirt or sweatshirt from one of their many retail shops.
No, as the happiest place on earth, Disney always puts guests' happiness before profits. :|

Drince88
05-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Where would they put them?
The nearest restroom to Splash is at the Hungry Bear - and that's a long way to go for something like that.

And this needs to be something done in a restroom.

(And for me, I don't ride either attraction if I might have to buy a sweatshirt - but I HAVE bought new socks afterwards!)

Drince88
05-14-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm not passionate about it.
I just was pointing out some obstacles to the OP's suggestion.

(I AM passionate that if they do these, it needs to be in a restroom, or other 'semi private' place!)

jcruise86
05-14-2010, 03:07 PM
. . . (I AM passionate that if they do these, it needs to be in a restroom, or other 'semi private' place!)
This is the age of reality TV. Put the dryers on a platform and make the walls glass!

(Just kidding.)

AVP
05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Drince: You seem rather passionate about this, yes? Then why not contact appropriate folks at Disney with your concern?If anyone is "passionate" about this I would suggest it was the OP, who has posted half of the replies to the thread, not someone who replied just once.

Once again, you seem to be taking exception to people discussing something on a discussion board. You kinda need to knock that off.

AVP

jcruise86
05-14-2010, 03:15 PM
If anyone is "passionate" about this I would suggest it was the OP, who has posted half of the replies to the thread. . .
Yes, I am most passionate.
Nothing great is ever accomplished without enthusiasm.

cstephens
05-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Drince: You seem rather passionate about this, yes? Then why not contact appropriate folks at Disney with your concern?

You want her to contact Disney about something Disney does not have at the resort but that one member of MousePad wants Disney to install? :confused::confused::confused:

Malcon10t
05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
You want her to contact Disney about something Disney does not have at the resort but that one member of MousePad wants Disney to install? :confused::confused::confused:OK, it wasn't just me.

I just looked at various "body dryers", such as what is at Legoland. The way they work, they really don't need a private area. But, at $5 for 4 mins, I would almost rather spend it on a new sweatshirt.

houseofmouse
05-14-2010, 03:47 PM
I was just going to post the same thing. They dry all of you clothes and all. Wow it is kinda pricey though. They need a shoe/sock dryer as you can't take your shoes off on Grizzly and wet shoes are no fun!

shna
05-14-2010, 03:57 PM
If I don't want to get wet / be wet for a while, I just don't ride Splash or GRR (never been on GRR, come to think of it). I have never needed a dryer.

Of course, a dryer would have been convenient last December during MouseAdventure. ;)

Burnt Toast
05-14-2010, 04:20 PM
No, as the happiest place on earth, Disney always puts guests' happiness before profits. :|

Lolwut?

darph nader
05-14-2010, 07:53 PM

Wake up jcruise,your dinner's ready. :rolleyes:

Nikara
05-14-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that was said sarcastically. Look at the smiley attached to it.

backsthepack
05-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Body dryers sound kind of icky to me, lol.

We just really wait to ride those rides until the sun is shining and it is warm. We seem to dry off pretty well then. But we also use ponchos to minimize the "wet". I will not ride those if I have denim on of any sort. Denim is so hard to dry and feels so nasty when wet.

Chadsgal
05-15-2010, 09:06 AM
The whole reason you ride GRR is to get wet isn't it??? We don't beleive in ponchos & I have come off of GRR looking like I just took a shower w/ my clothes on.

We avoid Splash & GRR at night but other than that we go on knowing we are going to be wet for a while & if you wore jeans you maybe wet for the rest of the day. :p

Malcon10t
05-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Here is a pic of one from the LATimes for I think Universal.

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-04/Knotts-Seaworld-Legoland-Universal-Studios_53069092.jpg

Mermaid
05-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Those are kinda cool, but I agree- I know what I am getting into when I ride those rides- both of which are extremely popular in the summer months. I don't ride Grizzly when it is cold, and judging by the 5 minute wait time in the winter, neither do a lot of people. It might work there, but as soon as it gets hot, the wait skyrockets!

zombie pirate
05-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Here is a pic of one from the LATimes for I think Universal.

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-04/Knotts-Seaworld-Legoland-Universal-Studios_53069092.jpg

It might be, I got totally soaked on the Jurrasic park ride sitting in front, and it was a cold raining day Not fun. but I dont remember that place to dry off.

candles71
05-15-2010, 01:16 PM
It might be, I got totally soaked on the Jurrasic park ride sitting in front, and it was a cold raining day Not fun. but I dont remember that place to dry off.

We just (April) went to Universal. They don't have one by Jurassic Park, they do have one next to the water play area (Curious George, used to be Nickelodean). That is what it looks like. I didn't get close enough to it for price, etc. I noticed it walking by. Putting it near the lockers (for GRR, I don't think Splash needs one), would probably work, it wasn't huge, the footprint of it was like 5x5 (ish). It looked like you could put more than one person in it, in fact I think it said something like "family dryer".
I don't think that picture is Universal, though. The water play area is to the left, and the Spongebob, meet and greet is to the right, no hillside. Maybe, Magic Mountain, people seem to be dressed for the water park.

Malcon10t
05-15-2010, 01:23 PM
We just (April) went to Universal. They don't have one by Jurassic Park, they do have one next to the water play area (Curious George, used to be Nickelodean). That is what it looks like. I didn't get close enough to it for price, etc. I noticed it walking by. Putting it near the lockers (for GRR, I don't think Splash needs one), would probably work, it wasn't huge, the footprint of it was like 5x5 (ish). It looked like you could put more than one person in it, in fact I think it said something like "family dryer".
I don't think that picture is Universal, though. The water play area is to the left, and the Spongebob, meet and greet is to the right, no hillside. Maybe, Magic Mountain, people seem to be dressed for the water park.Actually, after going to Haystack-dryers.com, I figured out the picture is from Dollywood.

Supposedly, they can fit 5 people, and they usually charge $5 for 4 mins it says.

candles71
05-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Actually, after going to Haystack-dryers.com, I figured out the picture is from Dollywood.

Supposedly, they can fit 5 people, and they usually charge $5 for 4 mins it says.

We, personally, don't mind being wet. When, the girls want to play at Universal I take their swim suits, but they aren't a bad option for those who don't want to stay wet. We've seen kids (even big, teenage) soaked in jeans at the play area, and thought that has got to be uncomfortable. Like I said though, I don't think Splash needs one, GRR, it would be a nice option for those who don't like to stay wet. 3 of us rode in the rain in April, I was wetter from the rain than the ride.