PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror: the movie?

oohykitten
03-15-2003, 03:18 PM
I swear this is related to DLR. ;) Okay first off, how much of that movie is filmed with the actual attraction from Florida? Just the outside? Also is that the same story of the ride or is it diffrent? The movie looked great and if those shots of the lobby or the outside of the hotel came from the attraction... then I think this will be something to really look forward to. Thank you in advance!

Matterhorn Fan
03-15-2003, 05:12 PM
"Hotel guests check in . . . But they don't check out!"

I think a few outside shots were actually filmed in Florida; the rest was done on a sound stage. The story's a little different than that of the attraction (but it's been a long time since I've been on the attraction so I couldn't tell you what exactly those differences are).

oohykitten
03-15-2003, 05:39 PM
gottcha, I wasn't sure if the que was in that much detail. Oh well, because the movie looked great, in reguards to the hotel.

Matterhorn Fan
03-15-2003, 05:42 PM
The TOT queue in FL is amazingly detailed.

Disneyfreak
03-15-2003, 10:17 PM
Im preying that ours will be just as detailed for DCA's sake. :~)

YellowMan
03-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by oohykitten
gottcha, I wasn't sure if the que was in that much detail. Oh well, because the movie looked great, in reguards to the hotel. Well, while I'm not sure if they used the actual queue for filming, the level of detail seen in the movie matches the level of detail in the queue and in the ride itself. The ride is spectacularly themed and the movie depicts it pretty well.

As far as storylines go, the basic plots are the same. 5 people get in an elevator and never come back out. However, in the ride it is simply that a bolt of lightning struck the tower and these people disappeared, but in the movie it is supposed to be that this woman put a curse on them to make them disappear.

Baloo
03-16-2003, 08:30 PM
anyone have the actually full title of the movie. i have been looking for it in several rental places and can not find it.

Or does anyone know if it is still for sale somewhere?

oohykitten
03-16-2003, 08:47 PM
If you have netflix, or know someone that does you can get it from there. Which is what I did.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008L3SY/qid=1047879855/sr=8-5/ref=sr_8_5/103-1713132-0579805?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

on DVD it's not out till August (strange I got it on DVD from Netflix)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000055ZJT/qid=1047879855/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/103-1713132-0579805?v=glance&s=video&n=507846

on VHS it's ready to buy now. Hope I helped you. Since you guys were so helpful with my questions.

Matterhorn Fan
03-17-2003, 04:34 AM
My copy came from Suncoast. However, although the tape says on it "Recommend this comedy to friends!" I'm going to have to recommend that you rent it if you can. It's cute, but it's not that great.

Niwel
03-17-2003, 03:28 PM
I taped the movie... it is on Disney Channel quite a bit ... and it is really cute. A little dark in parts, but like the Haunted Mansion it is more "light than fright."

If you happen to stop by the store after riding TOT at MGM (who am I kidding you HAVE to stop at the store because the ride exits into it), you can purchase the book complete with photos from the movie. It's a short kid-friendly size with a readability level for 9 or 10 and older. I hope they sell it at DCA once the attraction opens, because it is a great tie-in. (It will also give you something to read in what will probably be a very long line.) :D

RStar
03-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Or they could make a sequil

"Tower of Terror, the curse of DCA"

;)