PDA

View Full Version : The 55th ears are available

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
05-13-2010, 11:32 AM
well, according to the disneyland blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/55th-anniversary-limited-edition-ear-hat-debuts-at-disneyland-park/), the 55th anniversary commemorative ear hats are available in stores at the resort. Funny - I could have sworn that the price was 54.99 (55, right?) earlier in the year. Well, now they are 89.99. For that - I will pass....

codewoman
05-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Wow! $89? Not for me.

BlkPearlCptn
05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
What is so special about them? From the pics I saw they just looked like a regular pair of ears. Pretty expensive too!

olegc
05-13-2010, 01:55 PM
What is so special about them? From the pics I saw they just looked like a regular pair of ears. Pretty expensive too!

they are desgined to look like, and use materials that feel like, the ears used for the Mickey Mouse club back in '55. The hat box comes with it.

BlkPearlCptn
05-13-2010, 01:58 PM
they are desgined to look like, and use materials that feel like, the ears used for the Mickey Mouse club back in '55. The hat box comes with it.

Ok...the hat box is the deal clencher! ;)

CariBelle
05-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Since they are LE will DelivEars (is that how you spell it? haha) ship them? I really want a pair and won't be at the park anytime soon.

josephfive
05-13-2010, 02:17 PM
The hat box makes the deciding difference.

BVKMM
05-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I agree. $90 is too spendy but I love the box.

darph nader
05-13-2010, 02:25 PM
HOLY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks,but no thanks. :eek:

AVP
05-13-2010, 03:06 PM
For those rushing to DL today to get yours, just head for the World of Disney store - they are the only location that has any. In fact, CMs at two other locations told me their managers said the ears wouldn't be available until July (one location actually had them last week and pulled them off the floor), so they were surprised to find out that the official Twitter feed said otherwise.

AVP

TowerofTerror
05-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Im gone to buy my 55th ears the next time im there

MKY4ME
05-13-2010, 06:42 PM
as of tuesday, we were selling them in the Mad Hatter in FL--there was even a pair on display in the window and we had a bunch in the stock room for sale--maybe they pulled them in the last few days?

disneyfn
05-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Went to World of Disney this afternoon only to be told they are sold out:( They said they only got 60 of them and don't know if or when they might get some more. My question is what happened to the other 1800?

kfreak
05-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Actually the normal ears are only around like 15. Its the special ones with the ear box that are so expensive. get the cheaper ones. They look the same to me, and they are cheaper.

Tan Da Man
05-13-2010, 10:57 PM
im seeing alot of misinformation here.

The hats are available in limited amounts throughout the resort. I know in fantasyland we had 14 of them (7 in MH 7 in ToonTown). they have also been available, and we have been selling them for about a week. I do not know if anymore shipments will be coming in though. I know we sold 3 tonight in Mad Hatter, so I think they only have 1 left.

As a note, they cannot embroider the hat, so dont ask. And the hats are pretty sweet..if you're way into disney collectiables..these are perfect for you

olegc
05-14-2010, 06:33 AM

The hats are available in limited amounts throughout the resort. I know in fantasyland we had 14 of them (7 in MH 7 in ToonTown). they have also been available, and we have been selling them for about a week. I do not know if anymore shipments will be coming in though. I know we sold 3 tonight in Mad Hatter, so I think they only have 1 left.

As a note, they cannot embroider the hat, so dont ask. And the hats are pretty sweet..if you're way into disney collectiables..these are perfect for you

goes back to what I said in several other threads - these days at the resort there are so many avenues of information that we (the public) can't get accurate info - and I am talking about all of the Disney-based information sources, not fan sites or news sites like MP.

CariBelle
05-14-2010, 07:52 AM
Went to World of Disney this afternoon only to be told they are sold out:( They said they only got 60 of them and don't know if or when they might get some more. My question is what happened to the other 1800?

Different stores around the park.

Actually the normal ears are only around like 15. Its the special ones with the ear box that are so expensive. get the cheaper ones. They look the same to me, and they are cheaper.

But they aren't the same, hence being a collectors item.

AVP
05-14-2010, 07:53 AM

The hats are available in limited amounts throughout the resort. I know in fantasyland we had 14 of them (7 in MH 7 in ToonTown). they have also been available, and we have been selling them for about a week. I do not know if anymore shipments will be coming in though. I know we sold 3 tonight in Mad Hatter, so I think they only have 1 left.It seems to me that DISNEY is causing a great deal of the misinformation. On the official Disney Facebook account yesterday, they posted the following:
All 1,955 limited edition Mickey Mouse Ear Hats created for the 55th Anniversary hit shelves at the Disneyland Resort.
They didn't say "limited amounts throughout the Resort," that said ALL. I happened to be at Disneyland when the Facebook post was made, so I went to see what they looked like.

Main Street Hatter - did not have any, and had not had any yesterday. Said that they had them last week, and were told to pull them because they weren't supposed to be on sale until July.

Disney Gallery - had not received any. Told me to check Disneyana.

Disneyana - had not received any; thought they weren't supposed to be on sale until July. Suggested I check Fortuosity.

Fortuosity - had not received any. Told me to check Emporium.

Emporium - said they'd had 6 that morning and were sold out. Told me to check World of Disney.

WoD - Had one on display, said they thought they had about 10 left in the back. Told me they were the only location on property with any left yesterday.

No, I didn't check every hat location in the Resort, and it seems WoD didn't know Fantasyland had them. Still, if ALL 1955 had been on sale as the official Disney post said, it would seem to be that the major Main Street collectible stores would at least KNOW about it, if not also have them in stock.

AVP

KarenW2
05-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I still haven't been able to find/buy one of the commemorative ticket books! I check every time we've been there, since they announced these things and I keep getting the same answer from the shops - they had them, they sold out and they're expecting more "any day now"!!

A couple of shops said to contact DelivEars, but since the shipping would probably be more than the ticket books, I keep trying to find them in person!!

disneyfn
05-14-2010, 11:34 AM
If you are talking about the notepads that look like ticketsbooks,I saw them back in stock earlier this week at the World of Disney, and showcase on main st.

CMHusband
05-14-2010, 06:33 PM
I got Club 33 Ears which I feel are overall way "cooler" and I think they might have been $15 or less. When it comes to Anniversary stuff, I don't see a lot of it holding it's value as in for "resale". So great if you like to own it, but $90 bucks for mouse ears is a bit stiff!

disneyfn
05-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Went to the park today and thanks to those who posted that the Mad Hatter in Fantasyland had ears earlier this week. Took a chance and went to the store. I did not see any ears out. Then I asked the CM who said they had several in the store room. Came out with a box and inside was the 55th mouse ears! I did a jump for joy:) I think she said they had about 6 in stock. One note: You won't see the ears on display anywhere so you will have to ask a CM to check for you. Hope you can get a pair.

Binc
05-17-2010, 09:01 AM
On Thursday(13th) night I saw the last one go out the door of World of Disney. I was at the park Friday(14th) and the ears were on display at several stores(until they sold out). Stores that definitely had them were the Disney Showcase on Main Street, and the Adventureland Bazaar. I was told that World of Disney did not get any more, and that Disney Showcase received 30 that morning(sold out by 5:00pm). I think the last one in Adventureland was being sold when I passed by at 10:00pm. I didn't check the Mad Hatter.

Tan Da Man
05-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Park had been sold out the past couple days..I know today FL Mad Hatter and Toon Town Gag Factory each got 12 new pairs in stock. Get em while they hot.

MKY4ME
05-17-2010, 08:19 PM
they are very nice--come and get them. we did sell out but got these in again