PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

joy68
03-15-2003, 10:32 AM
My husband has a convention in Anaheim July 23- Aug2. I was wondering what everyone would consider do not miss attractions. I am at a loss. We have been to WDW a few times but never DL. We are from PA and this will be our first time in California. I have the Birnbaum book ordered but would really like first hand information from people who have been there...... i.e. What type of weather to expect .... how crowded ... best character meals..... and so on. I would relly appreciate any info. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

MammaSilva
03-15-2003, 10:44 AM
joy68,

From your schedule you have plenty of time to see and do everything at the parks....and enjoy other things as well. As for the temps, HOT, crowds.. yep that's summer so it will be crowded, the weekends are worse, with Saturday being the most crowded most of the time.

As for attractions.....I'm going to assume you are getting park hopper passes, they are a good price right now....then you can upgrade to deluxe AP's if you want to go more than the five days on the hopper...At DCA....it depends on if you are a coaster riding 'fool' or coaster chicken....but I've heard Screaming is a decent coaster...I LOVE the GRR but plan on getting very wet! Soaring over California is wonderful, I enjoyed Aladdin but haven't been to Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

At Disneyland...I'm not a good person to ask because I really don't like to miss anything at Disneyland...I love strolling down Main Street taking the time to check out the current windows, stopping and listening if I get lucky and one of the groups are out singing/playing....then when we get to the hub if the Matterhorn is up it's a MUST do first ride for us....then we tend to do the "mountain range" ... meaning all the coasters, Space Mt, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain...(with side trips to Haunted Mansion and Pirates) then end the run at Indiana Jones.....

It all depends on what your tastes are, how much time you actually have IN the parks....

Absolutely not to be missed, Believe in the Stars Fireworks, Fantasmic and The Disney Electrical Parade!

Morrigoon
03-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Obviously don't miss the Matterhorn, as we're the only ones who have it.

HBTiggerFan
03-15-2003, 03:10 PM
We still have Mr. Toads Wild Ride too.

Tigertail777
03-15-2003, 04:54 PM
OK must sees at Disneyland:
Pirates of the Caribbean Disneylands has more scenes and more atmosphere in my opinion, and is just over all better. The sketon grotto is awesome.

The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland has some neat stuff that the wdw doesnt have, and I think has better atmosphere too.

Alice in Wonderland ride: no other park in the world has this. One of the best fantasyland dark rides.

Storybookland canal boats: WDW doesnt have this, its a cute little charming treasure of a ride.

Fantasmic: The Disneyland show looks far better to me, mainly due to the use of the 2 rivers boats, Mark Twain and Columbia. This may not be open when you go though.

The Enchanted Tiki Room: Disneyland is the only one left with anything remotely resembling the original classic show.

Indiana Jones Temple of the forbidden Eye: a fantastic ride one of the best in recent years, and only available at Disneyland. (unless you travel outside the USA)

I don't know for sure, but many people have told me the Disneyland Jungle Cruise is better in many ways.

Mr Toads Wild Ride: Disneyland is the only park left with this fantastic little dark ride.

Its a Small World: Disneylands, in my opinion is far better than wdw's but its a matter of taste.

If you have time, the Main st. penny Arcade would be a nice little stop, since wdw no longer has theirs.

Mr. Lincoln is worth seeing once at least its a neat little attraction, you may or may not like the headphones part. But its one of the Walt originals. (sort of, considering its update).

Oh and the beleive fireworks show is something to see as well.

And ride the train at least once around the park its tradition and a fun little ride.

There ya go. :)

Oh yeah and the Matterhorn...a Disneyland classic!

:D :D :D

MouseWife
03-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Grab a cup of coffee, or hot chocolate if it is nighttime.

Popcorn, frozen banana, or a churro if it is daytime.

Sit and people watch.

Have a great vacation. :)

julia
03-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Hello,

Soarin' Over California is my favorite ride at Disney's California Adventure, and It's a Small World is a lifelong favorite, too. I like to eat at Storyteller's Cafe in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel - the character breakfast with breakfast buffet is a really nice way to start the day and I like to go there to eat dinner - great food, pretty reasonable prices and a quiet, relaxed atmosphere.

I also never miss the Electrical Parade - it is one of those things that makes stand there with eyes the size of saucers and my mouth open, like I was a little girl again.

Have a good trip!
Julia