PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel

furbE95
03-14-2003, 02:59 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Paradise Pier Motel. I am a college student, therefore i am broke. But i would really love to take advantage of the AP discount. Is the hotel decent, or would i be better off shelling out the extra cash for the dl hotel? Also, does anyone know if the midweek ap rates stay pretty much consistant throughout the year? i would appreciate any input

MouseWife
03-14-2003, 03:11 PM
First off, it is a Hotel, not a Motel. That might change the way it looks in your mind. :)

We've stayed there and it is very nice.

I think that if it is a financial hardship to go for the DL hotel that you can stay there, you have access to pretty much everything staying at the PP.

The room was very nice and spacious, the hotel itself is very modern, comparable to a Hilton or other top end hotel.

If you can split the room with someone, and just have to stay at the DLH, that is a way to do it.

I hope it works out for you. :)

Oh, you can check on this site under Travel. It has pictures and reviews, etc.

furbE95
03-14-2003, 03:29 PM
oops sorry about the typo. I know its a hotel. I didnt mean to put that. Thanks for pointing that out. I appreciate your reply

innerSpaceman
03-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Well, it may be a hotel, but it's got all the ambience of a motel. It might due to check some prices out at the motels on Harbor just across from DL (the Park Vue Int'l is a good one that comes to mind). These places are distinctly closer to Disneyland than the PP, are just as nice (i.e., plain but fine), and most likely cost less.

chelbell
03-14-2003, 04:31 PM
I think the Paradise Pier Hotel is great. We have stayed there many times and have always loved it. We do prefer the Disneyland Hotel, but only because it's the original and we have always loved it. If you get a room on the side that faces Paradise Pier at California Adventure, the view is awesome! The last 2 times we have stayed there we have paid for a city/pool view, and they upgraded us at check-in to a theme park view, at no additional cost. You can also use the pool at the DLH, which may not be important to you if you don't have kids. They have a coffee shop/bar inside the hotel lobby, and an outside bar by the pool, but I'm not sure when it's open. They also have a few restaurants and a nice gift shop. Also, you have the exclusive entry into California Adventure just right across the street and thru an iron gate that says "Paradise Pier Guests Only". In my opinion, you wont be disapointed. Good luck with your decision, and have a great time! By the way, if you plan on going before May 14th, call the reservations line and ask for the rates with the code "LMQ". You may find that you can afford the DLH afterall, or that the price at Paradise Pier may be even less than with your AP rate.

furbE95
03-14-2003, 04:36 PM
thanks for the suggestion, but what is the LMQ rate?

chelbell
03-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Every once in a while Disney publishes rates in the newspaper travel section, and they give a "code", like "LMQ" (the codes are not always the same). If you call for rates they wont tell you that these are available, you have to ask for the rate with that code. I just happened to get a nice Cast Member when I called and she told me about the rate over the phone. I just booked a 2 bedroom conceirge suite at the DLH for $300 less per night than the standard rate, using that code (no, we're not loaded, just got a great rate and are splitting it with my mother and father-in-law, and it was cheaper than getting 2 rooms!). If you are going before May 14th, it may be worth the call....it was for me!:D

80S ERA
03-14-2003, 08:06 PM
I was able to stay for 2 nights and regreted almost every minute of it. We got a "view" of the parking structure wall and was refused to be moved to another room due to the rate we paid. In addition, I found the walls to be "paper-thin." I could hear every word of our neighbor's conversations and could hear even what TV channel they were watching! The noise seemed to leak through the adjoining doors.

On the positive side, we found parking convenient from the attached structure and found the exclusive DCA entrance useful. Well, that's my experience, but I'm sure it's very possible to have a pleasant time at PPH.

I just hope you have quiet neighbors....;)

julia
03-15-2003, 07:11 PM
Hello,

I really like the Disney hotels, mainly because I can wander into the parks for as long as I want and then, when I get tired, I can go back to the hotel. I like being in the Disney magic all the time, too.

There are times of the year that prices are better than others - such as early January to mid-February, llate April and into May, and from early September through mid-December (except for Thanksgiving week) - basically when most kids are in school. If you are on the quarter system or the semester system, it doesn't matter because both systems will allow you to take advantage of these windows. Disney often has their discount rate codes available. There are some good websites out there that list the various rate codes as they become available.

I think it is a good suggestion to look at some of the off-site hotels - their prices are often very good and they have good locations and you can walk or take a hotel shuttle. I was an undergraduate once upon a time, and just finished graduate school, so I know the financial crunch of being a student - the nice off-site hotels are a good compromise.

Good luck!
Julia

disneygeek87
03-19-2003, 06:21 PM
I think that the Paradise Pier Hotel is a great hotel. My family and I stayed there 3 times last year. The first two time were perfect. We paid for a standard/city view, and were upgraded to a Upper level theme park view for free! When we were there during December, things didn't go quite as smooth. We paid for the city/standard view again, but couldn't get uprgraded because the hotel was full. The first night we had extrmemely noisy neighbors. They allowed their kids to run up and down the hall screaming at 10 at night, and I could hear the kids screaming and throwing things all over the room. I called the front desk the next morning and told them about what had happened. They were extremely nice and upgraded us to a theme park view for free. The bellhop took our bags for us to our new rooms and the front desk made sure that we were completely comfortable. The view of the fireworks in DL from the pooldeck is wonderful. I find the staff to be incredibly friendly and say go for the Paradise Pier Hotel.

hefferdude
03-20-2003, 11:00 AM
We've been staying at the PPH since it was the Emerald, then the Pan Pacific, then the Disneyland Pacific and finally the Paradise Pier Hotel. ( phew! ):)
We have always enjoyed our stay ( even through an earthquake
one time - yeehaw! )
Check the reviews for more info. And remember, staying at the PPH allows you co-pool privaleges. The Neverland Pool was so much fun for an afternoon break! Go for it! :D