PDA

View Full Version : "Day One Disneyland" Exhibit question

goalieump413
05-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Actually, a couple of questions...

Are there any details on the print size of the "open edition" items?
Is this exhibit and sale only for park guests that day, or are there online options available?

Being a DL Railroad fan, I'm especially interested in Maggie Parr's E.P. Ripley artwork. What a cool way to plus my collection!

cstephens
05-10-2010, 11:54 AM
In case anyone else was confused about the subject of this post, I just read the DLR update, which mentions the new exhibit and the merchandise signing event. Here's more info about the event. (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_thedisneygallery.html)

olegc
05-10-2010, 12:30 PM
In the past - there has not been an online option to buy. however, you can purchase through DelivEARS by phone. LE items I think are restricted to in park guests - BUT - I am sure that the WOD will have some of these items.

For the opening of the event on May 22nd I would say that everything will be focused on the gallery. just look for the line to the right of the gates at park opening...

goalieump413
05-10-2010, 12:56 PM
In the past - there has not been an online option to buy. however, you can purchase through DelivEARS by phone. LE items I think are restricted to in park guests - BUT - I am sure that the WOD will have some of these items.

For the opening of the event on May 22nd I would say that everything will be focused on the gallery. just look for the line to the right of the gates at park opening...

I was afraid of that...

That's a long flight from Seattle just to buy a $35 print of the artwork. I'll call DelivEARS and see if I can get some more info.

olegc
05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
I was afraid of that...

That's a long flight from Seattle just to buy a $35 print of the artwork. I'll call DelivEARS and see if I can get some more info.

you might also be able to use the wonderful services of MouseShoppe.com - you should check them out and email to ask about picking something up for you.

goalieump413
05-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Just called DelivEARS. A CM told me that the open editions would be relatively easy to buy and I could call the following Monday to buy one and have it shipped to me. Good news, since it would otherwise be an expensive weekend!

Malcon10t
05-10-2010, 06:25 PM
In the past, DelivEars has required a 2 week wait on limited editions.

SigalTchelet
05-11-2010, 04:36 AM
In case anyone else was confused about the subject of this post, I just read the DLR update, which mentions the new exhibit and the merchandise signing event. Here's more info about the event. (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_thedisneygallery.html)

Can you tell me where the gallery is located. We are arriving that day and I would love to check it out! Thanks!

olegc
05-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Can you tell me where the gallery is located. We are arriving that day and I would love to check it out! Thanks!

The Bank on Main St building (former home of Annual Passport processing). As you enter the gates, use the right hand tunnel, and it will be on your right hand side just past the souvenir stand.

SigalTchelet
05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
The Bank on Main St building (former home of Annual Passport processing). As you enter the gates, use the right hand tunnel, and it will be on your right hand side just past the souvenir stand.

Thanks!

goalieump413
05-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Well, I called DelivEars and ordered the Maggie Parr "Welcome Aboard" print...
http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/media/parr_welcomeaboard_web.jpg

It came to $42 overall with shipping. Curious thing though, the cast member said that she couldn't find any signed versions of the $35 print. WHAT? She said that there should have been signed copies of these prints available, but that it looked like they were all sold out. I called Monday, so it's reasonable to assume that the signed $35 versions were sold on site in the Park.

I had assumed that the only signed copies were the more spendy "Limited Edition 95" versions... So, maybe there ARE signed copies of other artwork still available? Anyone know?

Anyhow, I'll post a picture of the print when it arrives.

cstephens
05-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Well, I called DelivEars and ordered the Maggie Parr "Welcome Aboard" print...
http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/media/parr_welcomeaboard_web.jpg

Oh, we saw that at the Disney Gallery, and yes, that's a gorgeous picture! Congrats!

I love the style of the banner they have at the front of the Gallery to advertise the exhibit.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/picture.php?albumid=506&pictureid=4231

leota's necklace
05-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Okay, that banner is seriously great design.

goalieump413
05-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Okay, that banner is seriously great design.

I wonder if it's up for sale too?

goalieump413
05-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Just following up with the first of two photos of the print I received. It's nicely printed, on very good photo paper. The color saturation is nice, even though the closeup photo shows signs of half tone. It's really hard to see when you're looking at it with your own eyes, as the camera makes it look worse...

goalieump413
05-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Here's the closeup photo of Walt, Mickey, and Donald...

Overall, the transaction was easy, and the print quality was well worth the $35. The mat size is a little weird, and will require a 16x20 frame to finish, but I don't mind a bit.