PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! might not return until July 4th

Darkbeer
03-14-2003, 09:55 AM
In today's MiceAge article, Al Lutz reports that due to a special "invite only" gala premiere party for the new Pirates movie, that Fantasmic! will more than likely be delayed until the July 4th weekend!

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al031403a.htm

DwoernAdale
03-14-2003, 02:47 PM
So depressing...

I had planned my family trip this year for June 24th through the 30th based on reports of Fantasmic being open by then. Guess Ill have to reschedule. Which means my folks wont be able to go with us. Im totaly bummed now :(

~DW

Darkbeer
03-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Yes, it is a bummer, but it might the right move, with all the special "invite only" stuff going on for the movie premiere for the June 27th weekend, it sounds like a lot of stuff will be operating restricted hours, or just off limits....

I think I would look at the costs involved of rescheduling.... you might be able to find a time when the folks can go (but I also understand the larger the group, the more scheduling conflicts there are), but maybe you can do something else with the folks another time.....

experiment626
03-14-2003, 07:10 PM
what a bummer...as long as they are still running it in Mid-August, I won't complain TOO much.

Polar33
03-14-2003, 08:00 PM
:mad: - me after reading about possible Fantasmic! delays after reading about possible Eureka! cancellations.

If they do postpone Fantasmic!'s return untill July, I hope for their sake they won't be stupid and not run the show during the off season again. At least run it during the Christmas/New Years and Spring Break periods for heavens sake. Regularly scheduled Saturday performances would be great too...but I won't set my hopes that high.

:eek: I just realised that a good number of the people who have hired in the past 6 months have never seen Fantasmic! Will the madness ever stop?

Laffite
03-14-2003, 09:54 PM
It's too bad that F! is delayed, but at least the POTC movie stunt will feature a Columbia in its hype. Anything that is BIG, LOUD and has a deafening 10-gague percussive cannon is good with me :cool:

DwoernAdale
03-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Before I forget, admission to Disneyland will NOT allow you, the lowly paying customer, to attend. Instead for a whole week the folks who pony up those ever increasing admission fees will be blocked out, pushed away, or be walled off and away from all the activities the stars/press/studio and company honchos will be happily enjoying

I suppose we should be thankful for that cannon. Probably be the only part of the event we will be allowed to enjoy:mad:

Im going to hold off on changing my plans just yet. Gonna pray Al is wrong this time around.