PDA

View Full Version : Missed opportunity for Pirates

David Paul Lane
03-13-2003, 08:02 PM
Is it just me or did someone miss an opitunity to have a new show in the Fantasyland Theatre, and a new parade in DCA? The sub ride comes to mind. Other tie-ins could be found. With nothing pland for the 50'th, thay may as well go with the pirates.

MonorailMan
03-14-2003, 02:51 AM
David, you raise a good point. But, if your talking about the Money aspect (which I think you are), I also am thing now, 10 mil, it can go a lot of places. Let's hope they use any money left over. ;)

merlinjones
03-14-2003, 06:21 AM
They could have had the entire park comadeered by Pirates for the season, with a new river stunt show, stage shows and a parade... but also characters and streetmosphere throughout.

Pirates from the Carribbean could have taken over the entire West park... Captain Hook, Smee and their crew in Fantasyland... Silver and his futuristic Treasure Planet crew in Tomorrowland... and some Gilbert & Sullivan Pirates of Penzance action on Main Street.

People would have eaten this up.

Do those Gucci clad marketing chix out back have any imagination or showmanship?

Doodle Duck
03-14-2003, 07:28 AM
Al addresses this in this morinings MiceAge update.
They made an interesting choice...to cater to the celebs and execs...not the paying public.
Foolish as usual.

cstephens
03-14-2003, 02:53 PM
I'm actually glad they didn't decide to remake the entire park to support Pirates. At most, a new movie gets a show or a parade or something. There's already an attraction there. I don't want a movie based on an attraction to subvert the entire park.

Mickeyslittlehelper
03-14-2003, 02:56 PM
They should have planned much more in advance. They could have moved the Pirates refurb earlier, added to it, and created some merchandise for this movie event. They need to do something.

Baloo
03-14-2003, 07:55 PM
Well is it just me or has anyoneelse noticed that since Disney stopped making parades and adding entertainment for the years release that the movies have suffered in revenue.

Has Disney forgotten that they get millions of people visiting the parks and they ould all get exposed to information regarding the upcoming movies. Rememeber when they used to announce new parades and hsows that would open the same day as the movies. People would get so much involved in the parade and the atmosphere that it would make you go and want to watch the movie. Now all they offer is a meet and greet that is half done and a few movie posters in the esplanade. What good is owning all possibilities of exposing your products if they are not used. What happen to synergy!!!

rexfarms
03-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
They could have had the entire park comadeered by Pirates for the season, with a new river stunt show, stage shows and a parade... but also characters and streetmosphere throughout.

Where do I sign up to be a pirate? lol ;)

merlinjones
03-14-2003, 10:01 PM
I suppose there are always the pirates at GayDay 2.5...