PDA

View Full Version : DelivEARS/Disney Gallery?

woody9six
05-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Ok. I have kind of a funky predicament. I just recently became aware of the Art of Disney Parks website and saw the other day that they had several Tiki Room items (which have since been taken down). One of the items was a limited edition Tiki Room Aloha shirt. Since I live in the Bay Area, I asked my mom in So Cal if she'd be willing to stop by and see if they had it in.

The CM that she spoke with indicated that while the mugs that my mom was askign about had sold out, they had "gotten rid" of the shirts.

So with that said, it leads me to believe that the shirts just didn't move like they'd hoped and they removed them from the gallery.

That leads to my question...if that is indeed the case, do you think it is possible that I would be able to procure one through DelivEARS? Or is it unlikely since it was a limited edition Gallery item. IIRC correctly Gallery items aren't normally available through the DelivEARS service.

I know the most sensible thing to do would be to call and ask, but I thought I might ask here with the chance that somebody might know something or have seen these available elsewhere. I am always amazed at the collective knowledge of the Mouse Padders... :fez:

KarenW2
05-06-2010, 12:04 AM
If you're talking about those shirts that were kind of a guacamole green with a darker green in the print for guys and pink with a purple in the print for women, they were at the Character Warehouse in Fullerton, not very far away from Disneyland, the last time we were up there, a couple of weeks ago.

I wasn't interested in them, so I didn't notice the price or what sizes were available, but those shirts were there.

I don't know if they will answer questions over the phone for product checks, but here's their name, address and a link to their website:

Disney's Character Warehouse Outlet Store
243 Orangefair Mall
Fullerton, CA 92832
(714) 870-9363

http://www.ams-liquidation.com

Hope this helps!!

bombardon3
05-06-2010, 03:33 AM
They're getting ready for a new exhibit at the gallery so they might be getting rid of some of the older stuff. D-Street at Downtown Disney had some Tiki Room shirts, but I don't know if they are the same as the ones the gallery had.

Drince88
05-06-2010, 04:59 AM
I thought DeliverEars only would deal with items currently available in the resorts.

woody9six
05-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Great info! Thanks....this is precisely why I posted the question!

Unfortunately I went against my better judgement and let my impatience get the bet of me and bought one on E-Bay. Probably will be frowned on, but I had to have one and jumped at the chance...since I didn't know if that would be my only chance.

The lesson here is never doubt the power of the Padders. There are eyes everywhere!

bombardon3
05-07-2010, 02:58 AM
Aww man, I went to the park last night and saw they still had some in the gallery.

woody9six
05-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Aww man, I went to the park last night and saw they still had some in the gallery.
Hmmm...really? My mom went down to the park on Monday and they CM she spoke with said these were long gone.

bombardon3
05-09-2010, 03:52 AM
Hardly any of the Tiki Room stuff is left. The 55th Anniversary exhibit is taking over. But I did see a couple of Tiki room shirts left. They were kind of hidden folded on the bottom shelf of a display.