PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Trick or Treat Party heading to Disneyland for 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

AVP
05-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Mickey's Trick or Treat party will be hosted inside Disneyland this year. The events will be held every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday night on October. Pricing has not yet been released, but I have to expect the Disneyland event to be offered at a premium over the DCA version. No word if the DLR will finally get a Halloween parade.

AVP

Andrew
05-04-2010, 12:16 PM
So much for my plan to skip it this year. The only question now is whether The Waffler will make an encore appearance.

Nikara
05-04-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm pretty excited about this. Being able to dress up at Disneyland itself will be a pretty cool experience. For all of the people who dress up like characters from the park, they get to go on those rides! Should be awesome!

cstephens
05-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I wonder if it's because of all the construction going on at DCA - not very conducive to a trick or treat event. Sounds like the move to Disneyland is a good reason to go back to the event!

Drince88
05-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Wasn't there a lot of construction last year, too?

I wonder if it's going to be closer to the MK MNSSHP event, and if so, if the prices will reflect that.

CADisneyFam
05-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know when Disneyland changes over all the decorations to fall? Any chance they do this early Sept?

We are going the weekend of Sept 11th and would love to see "fall in disney"

Janel

houseofmouse
05-04-2010, 01:26 PM
It's kinda a bummer because for the rest the park will close early. How much are prices usually?

olegc
05-04-2010, 02:44 PM
well I for one like it IF - and only if - they get some more entertainment added for the event - like a parade special for the event. Just playing the halloween fireworks with Jack, decorations (which will already be there for Halloween time), and Ghost Galay may mean the only addition would be trick or treating. Thanks - but I'll pass. I can buy two bags of candy at Costco for $20.00 and go see HalloweenTime anytime I want.

I believe that it;s not the consutruction - but DCA will be full speed on World of Color and they would need a place to put people anyway who don't have a ticket. I guess they may expect DCA to be super crowded for a long time.

For those curious about pricing - below is what WDW is charging this year (2010) for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/special-events/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/). I pulled it from the WDW site. It's the same deal - park closes early (but they slowly weed out non-payers) and they offer special decorations special characters, and a unique parade and fireworks show.

I would expect Disneyland's to possibly be more expensive given how popular he Halloween Treat has been and HalloweenTime that took over the park last year. We'll have to wait and see I guess - but it's a weeknight for us for sure if we go.

WDW PRICING

Advance Purchase Price not available on 10/8, 10/22, 10/28, 10/29, 10/31. All other select nights, when purchased prior to the day of the event: $53.95 + tax (Ages 10+) $47.95 + tax (Ages 3 - 9); Day-Of Event Prices: $59.95 + tax (Ages 10+) $53.95 + tax (Ages 3 - 9); Premium Pricing (10/29, 10/31 ): $64.95 + tax (Ages 10+) $58.95 + tax (Ages 3 - 9)

leota's necklace
05-04-2010, 03:41 PM
OH MY GOODNESS.

Here I was, thinking about trying to plan a trip to WDW, so I could get a pic of my Leota costume in front of the Manse -- and now I can go to DL and do it right?

*hopping up and down*

dlfansx4
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I just told my kids that it will be in DL this year and they are very excited!! We already have our costumes planned out so I guess we are going no matter where it is held. Now to just keep an eye out for when the tickets go on sale.

ChipmunkStar
05-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Will there be any dates in September? Or are they limiting to October only so there's less impact on DL's full hours?

cheshirecatgirl
05-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I definitely want to go this year! I've done the one at WDW for years, and I loved it! Maybe they'll bring the Boo to You Parade here! I love that parade!

AVP
05-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Will there be any dates in September? Or are they limiting to October only so there's less impact on DL's full hours?I was told only about the October dates - as far as I understood, there are no other dates.

AVP

kfreak
05-04-2010, 09:24 PM
I can not wait for this. The fiancee and I will be attending this year with some good friends. Should be a blast.

CADisneyFam
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know when Disneyland changes over all the decorations to fall? Any chance they do this early Sept?

We are going the weekend of Sept 11th and would love to see "fall in disney"

Anyone know?????

wriley
05-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Mickey's Trick or Treat party will be hosted inside Disneyland this year. The events will be held every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday night on October. Pricing has not yet been released, but I have to expect the Disneyland event to be offered at a premium over the DCA version. No word if the DLR will finally get a Halloween parade.

AVP

Any links online that show this? Disney's website still shows california adventure as being the location again this year.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=HalloweenTimeSpecialEventPage

Also this scares me as we would be kicked out of the park early on 3 out of 5 of our days in Disneyland. So we would miss fantasmic and the halloween fireworks.

olegc
05-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Any links online that show this? Disney's website still shows california adventure as being the location again this year.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=HalloweenTimeSpecialEventPage

Also this scares me as we would be kicked out of the park early on 3 out of 5 of our days in Disneyland. So we would miss fantasmic and the halloween fireworks.

I believe Disney is having a hard time keeping track of all of its pages of information online. As their online properties are growing multiple folks are working each page so undoubtedly things don't get corrected immediately.

that being said - AVPs info is not yet an official announcement from the park. So - officially - it's still at DCA. however, as she stated from her internal sources, the plan is to hold it inside Disneyland. (no I am not a CM but unlike some other posters on another thread I won't shout this out).

olegc
05-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Anyone know?????

just speaking from going every year to the park I don't think the fall starts for Disney until late in the month of september - and that's only when the 1st of october fall somewhere in the beginning or middle of the week. This year October 1st is on a friday (which ironically is the beginning of Disney's fiscal year) and my guess would be they would wait until 10/1 to start fall decorations and halloween time (which they have linked now more than ever).

again, it's a guess, and as always stated - you have to wait until the calendar is released by the park.

Malcon10t
05-05-2010, 07:35 AM
My GUESS? Decorations will start going up the second week of Sept, and the Halloween "season" will open Sept. 30th. (They usually start on a Friday.)

dlfansx4
05-05-2010, 07:48 AM
My GUESS? Decorations will start going up the second week of Sept, and the Halloween "season" will open Sept. 30th. (They usually start on a Friday.)

This sounds right :-) Last year we went for my birthday on Friday, Sept. 25th (had to go that day to get my giftcard, lol) and it was the first night of the Halloween "season."

AVP
05-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Any links online that show this? Disney's website still shows california adventure as being the location again this year.I don't have anything to show you, I'm sorry. Disney hasn't officially announced this yet.

AVP

kfreak
05-05-2010, 10:06 AM
I don't have anything to show you, I'm sorry. Disney hasn't officially announced this yet.

AVP

Dont worry AVP we know your sources are atleast 99% right when they tell you things.

Toocherie
05-05-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure if I like the anticipated change.

Hannahbelle
05-05-2010, 10:21 AM
whoo hoo this is pretty exciting!:D

3Princesses1Prince
05-05-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm wondering how this will effect F!'s schedule... Only Saturday? Or will it be shown on TOTP nights?

I'm super excited!!