PDA

View Full Version : Mal Takes MDM shopping 4/23-25

Malcon10t
05-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Who: Me, MDM, and Youngest
Where: Residence Inn
Why: Why not??
When: 4/23-25

We decided since Disney had the PAP discount through May 3rd, we needed to go shopping at Disneyland, and planned a quick trip down. We made ressies, contacted friends, and had it all figured out, when Disney extended the discount to Sept. Well, since the trip was planned, we might as well go!

We left Modesto at 230pm. Took 99 down to the 5, then did the 210/605/91/5 route, since we hit LA late. We hit the 210 at 635pm. My GPS said there were numerous delays on the 5, and estimated we would arrive in Anaheim at 843pm if we went straight. So, we made the turn onto 210. My poor GPS hates me when I do this. It keeps trying to redirect me back to the 5. It probably thinks I am stupid. But, the only real slowdown on our detour was the 10 miles between Pasadena and the 605. It did slow pretty bad, but once we hit the 605, we flew. Now, I had considered going on another 10 miles to the 57, but the 210 was backed up pretty bad, and it probably would have taken us another 20 mins to get to the 57. Once we hit the 605, other than a car that jumped into the HOV lane, then slowed to 55, we did well. We arrived at the Residence Inn by 805pm.

We dropped off our stuff (they had our regular room for us!) and drove over to Buca di Food for dinner. Somehow, we allowed ourselves to get seated in the bar. NEVER AGAIN. We couldn't hear ourselves talk. (Once a large party, with one loud male, left, it became bearable.) We shared baked ravioli, salad, bread, and a chocolate cake slice. It was good. Back to the hotel.

It was nice to just relax and sleep. No goal of getting up early. We ended up getting up and going for breakfast by 9am. We headed to the park about 1015am. Youngest had said she wanted to see Captain EO again. When we got to the park, the band was out front with Alice and Mad Hatter, so Youngest and I hung out to watch , while MDM rolled her eyes, and headed down Main St. After a while, we also head down the road, and find her in one of the shops. We do some shopping and note that there was a signing going on in Disneyana. Looked at the pieces, but nothing jumped at me, so we moved on. We went to EO and enjoyed. Then we hit the Monorail and headed into DTD. We ended up in Fossil and Vault for most of this time, then hit Tortilla Jo's Taquiria. Then we walked through the WOD and into DCA to Off the Page. More shopping there. We then headed back to the hotel to rest before meeting some Hearts for dinner at Roundup BBQ.

Arriving back in our room, we found a HUGE basket of dog toys and a bottle of wine. Now, there was no card on the basket, but the jar of Jif was a give away to who had this delivered!! The dogs LOVED this!

After a rest, we headed back to the park. We noted we were early, so hit BTMRR. Then it was time for dinner. We got to meet Fairest, DFF4, Hannabelle and daughter, and Foolish Mortal and her crew. It was fun, lots of chatting and just getting to know each other!

After dinner, we shopped our way back out of the park. Got back to the hotel about 830. We had chilled the wine in case someone needed a drink, as we had a friend a few rooms over. But alas, it was not to be. We kicked back, watched fireworks from the room, and just relaxed and read text messages!

Next morning, I was up early to take friends and kids over to Disneyland. They were going to hit a few rides before we all met back up for brunch. I went back, gathered my group, and headed back to DIsneyland. Since we were early for brunch, we hit Jungle Cruise. The skipper was great! Then we headed to NOS to shop a little more, then we met everyone for brunch at Club 33. We had a nice size crew of 8. You can find the review by cstephens here (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/club33042510.html). It was GREAT! She does a MUCH better job writing it up than I ever could.

After brunch, we had to make a run to the hotel so we could check out, as it was already 230p! I love the Residence Inn. We were on the road by 3pm, and home by 815p. It was a short, but GREAT trip!

Hannahbelle
05-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Loved reading your report as always, Mal.

I am wishing and hoping for a Club 33 visit someday!
Im so happy that I can live vicariously through you and others for now!:D

Oh P.S. I rode Jungle Cruise on Sunday too with DFF4 and the girls and we had a great skipper too!! I wonder if we had the same one? I dont recall his name, but he had the "same" jokes on some things but others he had some good ones I hadn't heard. Very good time.

bennette
05-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi Mal,

Saw your report and thought for a moment I'd write one of my own. But...then I realized it was 10:00 and I was tired.

Wish I'd been able to see the other padders at the barbecue and you and yours after but considering it was our first time there with children, I think we did okay.

Loved having brunch with you and everyone else. And my extra, extra thanks for dropping us off at the park on Sunday.

The best part? The kids were very impressed with our suite at the Residence Inn and described it as a "very nice" hotel. (Please please please let them convey this to my sister for next time; I don't wanna go back to the DLH!) Oh, H and I liked it, too. :)

foolishmortal
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Loved meeting Mal and her crew too! Lots of laughing and fun by all! So enjoyed hanging out for dinner.

Glad you had a fun trip!:fez:

candles71
05-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Like I said, I kept my eyes peeled for Belle on Sat. but kept missing you guys. DH's GPS kept wanting us to change routes. In Stockton, it wanted us to take 4 to something to 101, and down:confused:. We were able to stick with 5 from Sac on down and never hit a bit of traffic.

Malcon10t
05-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Like I said, I kept my eyes peeled for Belle on Sat. but kept missing you guys. DH's GPS kept wanting us to change routes. In Stockton, it wanted us to take 4 to something to 101, and down:confused:. We were able to stick with 5 from Sac on down and never hit a bit of traffic.I'm glad it went so well for you. We ALWAYS hit really bad traffic from about 5 miles prior to the 10, and stays that way til Downey.

Next time we will need to meet up!

candles71
05-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm glad it went so well for you. We ALWAYS hit really bad traffic from about 5 miles prior to the 10, and stays that way til Downey.

Next time we will need to meet up!

It was great, we normally hit traffic, too. The only place we hit traffic was Roseville.
That would be fun, as it stands next year will probably be when we can.