PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass Times

JPIVERSON
03-13-2003, 07:34 AM
I remember reading somewhere that cms accepting fastpasses don't care about the end time on each fast pass, just the beginning time. So, if a fastpass is good from 1:00 to 2:00.... they would still acept the fast pass at 4:00.
Is this right? Can anyone confirm this?

cirquelover
03-13-2003, 08:03 AM
I haven't been in a year but when I was there that was true. We had fastpasses for Haunted Mansion but had to make emergency run back to hotel with the child, when we returned to the park I asked a cm at HM if we could still use them. She said " No problem, they are good all day after the beginning time" but only on the day you get them, you can't come back the next day and try to use them.:D
I'm sure someone else will chime in and tell you if that is still accurate, but I'm pretty sure it is still true!

JPIVERSON
03-13-2003, 08:29 AM
Thanks CIRQUELOVER, that's good to know.:D

mousey_girl
03-13-2003, 08:51 AM
We have never had a problem using a FP after the time window was expired.

RideMax Mark
03-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
We have never had a problem using a FP after the time window was expired.

This has pretty much been my experience too.

In fact, during the busy post-Christmas week last year, we had Pirates FASTPASSes that were good for 9AM or so. They still let us use them at 9PM -- though they had to do a double-take when the saw the tickets!

timl33
03-13-2003, 09:57 AM
So then my question is: Why do they even bother putting an ending time on the fastpasses?

experiment626
03-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by timl33
So then my question is: Why do they even bother putting an ending time on the fastpasses?
Because most people will use them during that window. And there is always the change that a CM will say sorry you FP Window has expired.

Morrigoon
03-13-2003, 12:01 PM

Because people are sheep... "baaaaah!"

Polar33
03-13-2003, 01:46 PM

From what I understand of the "science behind FastPass" one of the keys that makes it work is the equal distribution of tickets per return time. If the 2000 or so people who got FastPasses in the morning for a particular attraction all decided to return at the same time that afternoon instead of during their return window the FastPass wait time would most likely become longer than the standby line, making the guests in both lines very unhappy. Accepting "expired" FastPasses is most likely done to either avoid having a displeased guest or to increase the quota for returned FastPasses.

Mickeyslittlehelper
03-14-2003, 03:05 PM
They sometimes accept them 15 min or so before your window of time ;)