PDA

View Full Version : Attraction Posters at DLR?

Pages : [1] 2

woody9six
05-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Sorry if this is re-hashed info, but can someone tell me if there is still a place at DLR to procure attraction posters? I know there was a place to print on-demand at World of Disney...is that still available? How about the new Disney Gallery? I am looking to get a couple of posters for my kids' rooms...and figured that would be the best place to start looking.

dznyphreak
05-02-2010, 11:11 PM
World of Disney, the Disney Gallery, Off the Page, and the little art store on Main St (on the right side next to the coffee shop) all have Print-on-Demand kiosks last I checked. I'd assume they all have the same catalogs of prints available...

woody9six
05-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Thanks!!

Can anyone give me an idea of how much the posters are running these days?

olegc
05-03-2010, 08:38 AM
World of Disney, the Disney Gallery, Off the Page, and the little art store on Main St (on the right side next to the coffee shop) all have Print-on-Demand kiosks last I checked. I'd assume they all have the same catalogs of prints available...

that little art store is Disneyana - which had been for a while a prominant place for collectors to go and check things out. I think with the diminishing economy and lack of new items it's been off the radar (as well as possibly the re-opening of the Disney Gallery at its Main St. location).

bombardon3
05-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I haven't shopped for art recently. It used to be that the Gallery had a better selection of Disneyland specific art and also more framing options. It was also the only place to get your framed art the same day you ordered. Is this still true at the new Gallery location?

kfreak
05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
The art can run from around 25 I think and up. It just depends on what you want, and what type of print you want to have done. Some of the attraction posters are available to buy when you are there, some will have to be ordered, and sent to you.

Bytebear
05-03-2010, 08:25 PM
For what it's worth, I just bought a Food and Wine poster, 14x18 unframed but with a fancy matte, for around $35.

TowerofTerror
05-03-2010, 09:54 PM
The new poster of the attraction when you enter either side of the tunnel of disneyland are very nices from what shown on here but I go check it out sometime this week

Jeffreaky
05-04-2010, 12:03 AM
We had a Haunted Mansion attraction poster printed up at World of Disney. They showed us a sample of the print to paper and the print to canvas versions. It's more expensive but do yourself a favor and go with the canvas version. It looks so amazing and to be honest the print to paper finished product looked horrible with little horizontal white lines through the whole print. Like the way a really bad home printer looks when calibration is needed. The CM said that they were both printed on the same printer and the difference was night and day.

Jodi
05-04-2010, 08:56 AM
We have several of the attraction posters, I think they were around 30 each, at the 22x28 sixe.

They are paper prints, but the quality is fine. We framed them ourselves (got great deals when Aaron Bros had their 1cent frame sale!)

AJDerrick
05-04-2010, 01:02 PM
The print on demand kiosks used to have other prints than the posters as well...I haven't checked lately though. I have a beautiful print of the London skyline where you can just barely see Peter and the Darlings flying in the distance towards Neverland. It's lovely.

woody9six
05-04-2010, 01:10 PM
The print on demand kiosks used to have other prints than the posters as well...I haven't checked lately though. I have a beautiful print of the London skyline where you can just barely see Peter and the Darlings flying in the distance towards Neverland. It's lovely.
That sounds really neat. I could probably drop a lot of coin if I took the time to to really explore the P-o-D machines. I seem to remember there was a really cool looking map of Disneyland a few years ago (50th perhaps?) that I was very tempted to buy.

AJDerrick
05-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I could probably drop a lot of coin if I took the time to to really explore the P-o-D machines.

Some of the most dangerous shopping in the park. :)

Bytebear
05-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Ok, so I checked the print on demand, and the prices vary a lot based on size, paper type and framing. But the basic 16x20 picture is about $14. I also saw they had several pre-matted posters that were 14x18 for$35. There are a ton of them in the new gallery in the Bank on Main street. They also have a print on demand kiosk there.

Omnitographer
05-16-2010, 03:48 PM
We had a Haunted Mansion attraction poster printed up at World of Disney. They showed us a sample of the print to paper and the print to canvas versions. It's more expensive but do yourself a favor and go with the canvas version. It looks so amazing and to be honest the print to paper finished product looked horrible with little horizontal white lines through the whole print. Like the way a really bad home printer looks when calibration is needed. The CM said that they were both printed on the same printer and the difference was night and day.

I used to work on large format printers like the kind the resort probably uses. If the print heads are not properly aligned (for the printers i worked on this was partially a physical adjustment) then you will get gaps like that. You also needed to set the material type in the printer because the thickness of the paper can affect the alignment and the printer needs to compensate. From what you said it sounds like they printed the poster in the same mode they printed the canvas.

lovindisneyland
05-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks!!

Can anyone give me an idea of how much the posters are running these days?

i saw attraction posters w/matte, no frame for $18 dollars..

DLANDLUVR
06-05-2010, 07:06 AM
We have two in out home. One POTC (which was acually in the POTC store close to the ride) and a Haunted Mansion. They were about $25 each and we framed them ourselves.

woody9six
06-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback folks. I was specifically curious about the larger format Print On Demand ones...I probably could have been more clear.

alliandnatesmom
08-02-2010, 09:16 AM
I could use some help from frequent visitors at DLR.

We purchased a large 38 x 28" or so print Pirates on demand attraction poster at the gallery back in 2002. We have moved and now want a mate for it.

I was all ready to buy online two weeks ago, but when I went back it said "due to a problem with the manufacturer, not currently available". Now on ebay and amazon they are $500. We are specifically looking for a Jungle Cruise - the one with the boat - in the large size or a tiki room. We are passing through Anahiem in two weeks, so I want to know if we can purchase still at Downtown Disney.

Also wondering if the wavy lines reported are really a problem for anyone who has bought one recently.

I've been unable to get a good phone number to call directly and inquire about this.

Thanks everyone! :)

spectromen
08-02-2010, 01:10 PM
All I can tell you is that the machines in DTD, Disneyland and DCA are all turned OFF at present. I haven't asked anyone why but I really hope it's temporary as the print on demand are such a wonderful feature. I would say do not buy on ebay as there's no reason to spend that much - just wait it out until they figure out the problem.

stan4d_steph
08-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Here's some information on the change from October 2009 (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=133043&highlight=print+demand).

AJDerrick
08-02-2010, 03:41 PM
All I can tell you is that the machines in DTD, Disneyland and DCA are all turned OFF at present. I haven't asked anyone why but I really hope it's temporary as the print on demand are such a wonderful feature. I would say do not buy on ebay as there's no reason to spend that much - just wait it out until they figure out the problem.

This must be fairly recent, the one in the Disney Gallery was on when we went at the end of May. I agree with spectromen, I'd wait a while and see what happens with them. I love print on demand, I hope they figure it out before we go back in October!

Michael24
08-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I've never seen these print-on-demand things before. Will have to look for them next time, but I'm curious, has this series of attraction posters ever been available for purchase?

http://a.imageshack.us/img806/5473/matterhornbobsledsposte.png

I've seen others in the same style for The Haunted Mansion and other rides, but this was the quickest one I could find online for reference. Have always liked their retro look and would love to have some in my home.

AJDerrick
08-03-2010, 06:00 AM
I've never seen these print-on-demand things before. Will have to look for them next time, but I'm curious, has this series of attraction posters ever been available for purchase?

http://a.imageshack.us/img806/5473/matterhornbobsledsposte.png

I've seen others in the same style for The Haunted Mansion and other rides, but this was the quickest one I could find online for reference. Have always liked their retro look and would love to have some in my home.

Yes, our family has several. I believe Pirates, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise and others. They are also typically found in mats already in many of the stores like Off the Page and the Gallery.

Michael24
08-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Awesome! I actually don't usually visit many of the shops along Main Street except for the Emporium, so I will be sure to check them out next time I go. Thanks. :)