PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck [applying to be a cast member]

Pages : [1] 2

ScottC4746
05-02-2010, 07:39 AM
I am going to apply at Disneyland on Monday. I hope I do not have a black mark though. In 2007 I was hired on the spot on a Wednesday. Since at that time I had rent in CA, a huge mortgage in NV and an HOA fee there that equalled a second mortgage, I had to go back Thursday and turn in my paperwork and say thanks, but no thanks. I was to have processed in Friday. Three years later, now that I am out of a job and no one else seems to be hiring, I hope they will take me on, even part time just to get an income.

houseofmouse
05-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Good luck! I hope they hire you!

ScottC4746
05-02-2010, 07:59 AM
I figured for Mother's Day they are going to do a mass hiring for the weekend.

adriennek
05-02-2010, 08:45 AM
I figured for Mother's Day they are going to do a mass hiring for the weekend.

For Mother's Day weekend?

Adrienne

cstephens
05-02-2010, 09:28 AM
For Mother's Day weekend?

Adrienne

The only extra help I can think that they'd need just for the weekend is for the brunch, but I would figure they would be hiring the same folks that they use for banquets and such.

TowerofTerror
05-03-2010, 12:06 PM
good luck anyways

ScottC4746
05-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, I went and apparently since the job market is flooded with applications now, they no longer hire on the spot. I got the usual, "Thanks for coming in, we will look it over, if we see we can use you we will call you." that I get from everywhere else.

kfreak
05-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Well I hope they call you back. Good luck with it.

nbaum
05-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Good luck!

CMHusband
05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Well, I went and apparently since the job market is flooded with applications now, they no longer hire on the spot. I got the usual, "Thanks for coming in, we will look it over, if we see we can use you we will call you." that I get from everywhere else.

It has typically taken up to 6 months to get an interview with Disney the past year or so. It took my wife almost 9 months to get hired. Now she is in, she loves it! Be patient, but do something else while you wait. Get a job with the census, they pay $17 per hour including travel time and training, its a temp job that pays pretty good. you can google it to get the phone number and they will call you back with info.
Good Luck!!!

ScottC4746
05-04-2010, 02:16 PM
It has typically taken up to 6 months to get an interview with Disney the past year or so. It took my wife almost 9 months to get hired. Now she is in, she loves it! Be patient, but do something else while you wait. Get a job with the census, they pay $17 per hour including travel time and training, its a temp job that pays pretty good. you can google it to get the phone number and they will call you back with info.
Good Luck!!!

I know for a while, 2007 was no exception, they seemed to hire if you walked through the door without hitting it. Now with the higher demand of people looking for work they can actually hire based on cream of the crop and the Disney look.

HorizonsA
05-05-2010, 11:00 AM
They haven't done same-day interview/hiring since late 2008. But ever since they put their applications online, it was not needed for anyone to actually go to the Casting Center and since then hundreds of people have been putting in their applications which has generated a huge waiting list. I applied in October of 2008, had the interview the same day, but wasn't hired till March 2009. And if you are hired, they've been mostly hiring in CTs (Casual Temporary) which means you only work during peak seasons.

potzbie
05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Siuil, siuil, siul a run,
Siuil go sochair agus siuil go ciuin
Siuil go doras agus ealaigh lion
Is go dte tu mo mhuirnin slan

Oh!

I think what you are trying to say is, there may be a soft opening for World of Color.

Either that, or a couple of centipedes have gotten trapped in your keyboard.

:eyeroll:

ScottC4746
09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
I put in an application on 1 May that expires 1 Nov of this year. If anyone can push my application for any position but custodial I would appreciate it.

CMHusband
09-20-2010, 07:09 PM
you haven't heard anything? They're slow at getting back to people but I didn't know they were that slow.

ScottC4746
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
you haven't heard anything? They're slow at getting back to people but I didn't know they were that slow.

Nope...not a thing. I was at the park Saturday 2 Oct and saw a group going around the park for orientation. It makes me wonder at 45 if I am too old to be hired.

cstephens
10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
It makes me wonder at 45 if I am too old to be hired.

Ummm, really? I see lots of CMs that are your age and way older working at the resort.

BlkPearlCptn
10-04-2010, 02:11 PM
You said on your ap that you put down "anything but custodial." That could be part of the problem. If you need to go back in Nov to reapply, you might want to reconsider custodial. It's at least a foot in the door and you can always transfer out after a while.

grumpiestfan
10-04-2010, 03:00 PM
My son applied for a job in January 2010 as a referral from a family member who is currently a long time cast member. He was notified in May to take an on line test. When he passed that he was asked to come in for an interview in June. At that time they told him he would be put on a waiting list for the several jobs that he had applied for. They made him put down his top 3 preferences. The middle of September he received an e-mail asking if he was still interested and if he was he had 2 days to call them or he would be removed from the waiting list. He called and they offered him a job on the phone. He starts tomorrow. What an ordeal to get a job, but he is extremely excited! He was the last one in our family that did not work for Disneyland.

ScottC4746
10-05-2010, 10:00 AM
You said on your ap that you put down "anything but custodial." That could be part of the problem. If you need to go back in Nov to reapply, you might want to reconsider custodial. It's at least a foot in the door and you can always transfer out after a while.

I don't have the stomach to deal with the garbage and other stuff involved with the position. I cannot even change my nephews diapers without heaving.

Niwel
10-05-2010, 10:12 AM
I think if you tell them anywhere but XX you should still be fine -- there are so many positions at the resort.

When I applied years ago I said i didn't want food services (because I can be a klutz) and I didn't want stores because I worked at the Disney store during the year and I wanted to try something different.

I got attractions.

:good vibes:

disneyland055
10-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I am going to apply at Disneyland on Monday. I hope I do not have a black mark though. In 2007 I was hired on the spot on a Wednesday. Since at that time I had rent in CA, a huge mortgage in NV and an HOA fee there that equalled a second mortgage, I had to go back Thursday and turn in my paperwork and say thanks, but no thanks. I was to have processed in Friday. Three years later, now that I am out of a job and no one else seems to be hiring, I hope they will take me on, even part time just to get an income.

i need help trying to be a castmember for disneyland

mrskippy
10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, I applied back in August. Still no luck, but hopeful for something soon. I am pretty much open to anything. I have a CM referral too. I'm often mistaken for a CM when at the park. Waiting for that magical e-mail to arrive.

mrskippy
10-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Well, let me see. Had my Web interview last week, my face-to-face interview yesterday, and was offered a CM position. Filled out my paperwork. Traditions is next week.

Now, since I'm moving from out of the area, need to find a place to live. Any tips on finding room share deals in The OC -- close to the resort?

jimreuter
10-14-2010, 09:23 PM
I was 62 when they hired me, so age isn't a problem. It does take a while before they call you after the interview - about 5 months in my case.