PDA

View Full Version : 2 bdrm. Concierge suite at DLH

Pages : [1] 2

chelbell
03-11-2003, 04:05 PM
We are taking my in-laws to Disneyland in May. My father-in-law is 70 and has never been!!, so it will be his first trip. I just booked a 2 bdrm. Concierge suite at the DLH for $390 per night, for 4 nights! (with discount code). They told me this suite normally goes for $690 per night, so I couldn't pass it up! My in-laws are really wanting 2 rooms because they are afraid of invading our privacy, which they totally will NOT be, but the CM told me that this is like having 2 rooms, with a living room in the middle. Has anyone ever stayed in a 2 bdrm. suite at the DLH? Was it pretty roomy for 4 adults and 2 children? I hate to pass up this great rate, and espeically since we have never stayed in Conceirge level (in our 30+ trips to Disneyland). Also, I requested a pool view because I was afraid the DD side would be too noisy at night time, because we all like to sleep with the sliding doors open. Was this a good or bad thing? We have stayed many time in the Marina tower pool view rooms and loved the view. Any help would be MUCHO appreciated! Thanks!!!

teri
03-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Omigosh, that is a good rate! WOW!!!
Take pictures. :)

MickeyandMe
03-11-2003, 10:30 PM
We did this last May with some friends of ours - at $300 per night! It was a special military rate offered to firefighters and police as well. It was wonderful - there was so much room! You walked into a little entry way with doors on the right and left. Our friends had the room on the right, which was 2 double beds and a balcony overlooking California Adventure. Turning to the left, you entered a large living room area with a bathroom, small wetbar area a comfy couch and 2 stuffed chairs and a TV. This room had a balcony that also overlooked California Adventure. We had the room off this that had a King bed and looked over the pool area. Basically we had all views from our entire suite. We were in Bonita Tower and it was fine. The concierge service is wonderful, you will feel so spoiled! It was great to head over for breakfast in the morning, take a few sodas and water bottles in the stroller with us for later in the day. Then, when we would come back in the afternoon for naps my husband would run over and grab cookies and more sodas and juice boxes for us. It was great.

I'd be happy to answer any more questions if you have any!

chelbell
03-12-2003, 06:30 AM
Shari...thank you so much for your reply. I think I'm not even going to tell my in-laws that I stayed with the suite instead of 2 rooms. Once we get there they will just be surprised! The suites sound wonderful! I wanted to splurge a little since my father-in-law has never been there, and he has been pretty down lately due to some health problems. I'm sure they will feel pampered (so will I)!!! Sounds like you got a wonderful rate, even better than mine! Thanks again Shari....8 weeks and counting! :D

80S ERA
03-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Wow. You guys are sure lucky. Actually sounds like a good deal.

MickeyandMe - are the 2 bedroom suites the corner rooms of the buildings? When looking at the towers, it seems like the bonita and marina towers have rooms with balconies on the sides facing the parks. I've stayed in the sierra tower on the end of a wing, but there was no balcony. I was able to see the bonita tower from one of our windows and I saw balconies with chairs. I've always wanted to stay in one of those rooms.

chelbell
03-12-2003, 06:43 AM
80S ERA....you've got my ears perked up about the balconies with the chairs! I asked the CM when I called if the suites had these, but he told me no. He said they have the balconies like the standard rooms, where you can only stand. Hopefully someone will be able to tell us which rooms have these....I want one of those!!!:cool:

chelbell
03-12-2003, 07:00 AM
I just called about those balconies, and the CM told me that the end balconies with the chairs are the Regal Suites. And, she said it looks like that's what we've been assigned (of course she couldn't confirm that for sure;) . You were right 80S ERA, those are only in the Bonita Tower. Thanks guys for your responses....My whole family is going to be surprised! The kids think we're staying at the PP like we usually do!:D

80S ERA
03-12-2003, 07:10 AM
Wow - someone is excited! :cool: Can't blame you!

Just in case you didn't see the floorplan to your suite, here is a link:

http://disney.go.com/disneymeetings/disneyland/resorts/disneylandhotel-room_royal_regal.html

You could see any of the suite layouts. I personally like the California and Marina suite. Now, if only someone could give me $500....

Have fun!

MickeyandMe
03-12-2003, 07:32 AM
Apparently it is luck of the draw with the balconies. I was asking about them for a client a while back and they said it just depends. There are suites on both ends of the buildings - so you could end up facing residential Anaheim! We did have our rooms on the end of Bonita tower, about 8 floors up (can't remember exactly now!). The balcony was one of my favorite things - we could even see some of the Electric Parade the first night we arrived and didn't have admission for that day.

Chelbell - it sounds like you got at least as good or maybe even a better deal than if you booked two separate rooms anyway, especially if you factor in breakfast and all the drinks and snacks. The wine and cheese in the evening looked really nice, too, they even had my favorite guacamole and chips, but we usually couldn't squeeze it into our schedule, since we were just getting up from naps at that time and heading back the park for the evening. Have a wonderful trip! You are going to have so much fun!

chelbell
03-12-2003, 07:33 AM
Thank you so much! I can't believe I'm so excited about it....I've been there more times than I can count! I guess it's because we've never splurged before. I'm sure we will have a great time...thanks for your help.:)

scanmom
03-12-2003, 06:48 PM
I would love to be able to splurge and stay in one of these suites! How did you get that rate? :p

chelbell
03-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Hi Scanmom....A month or so ago I called the Disneyland Resort reservations line and asked if they had any discount codes available, and the CM gave it to me. I was really calling about just getting a room for my husband and I and our 2 kids, so I booked a pool view room at the DLH. Then last week my husband's parents decided they want to go. I didn't think the code would apply to suites, but I thought I would call back and give it a try, and it did!:D

Grandbreaker
03-13-2003, 08:42 AM
OK This will be the Seirra tower 11th floor President Suite its very nice :) I know this because I had to go upto this room nice television. great views of the pool.

chelbell
03-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Hi Grandbreaker! That sounds wonderful! The CM told me we have a "Regal Suite", but the one you mentioned sounds better! :)

mousey_girl
03-13-2003, 11:49 AM
After viewing the floor plans, I would LOVE to stay in a Regal suite during our next trip.

I am a night owl, I like to read or watch TV at night, it helps me relax. Both my husband and The Boy are asleep by 7-730 each night. I don't head to bed until 11-12ish. In the mornings I am usually the first one awake when we are on vacation. I tend to end up sitting on the floor in the bathroom reading until a decent time so I don't wake them up. That suite would be PERFECT for us.

This may make me rethink my wanting to stay at GCH again....

innerSpaceman
03-13-2003, 11:55 AM
That link to the suite floor plans at the DLH was way cool !

Does anyone know if there is a similar thing about suites at the Grand Cal ?

Grandbreaker
03-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Grandbreaker OK This will be the Seirra tower 11th floor President Suite its very nice I know this because I had to go upto this room nice television. great views of the pool [

OK ITS THIS ONE

PENTHOUSE SUITE

Located in Sierra Tower
Serving bar

1,770 square feet
View of Never Land Pool area

Two-bedroom suite with connecting room available

chelbell
03-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Wow....sounds beautiful.....can't wait!! Thanks Grandbreaker!

mousey_girl
03-14-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman

I poked around the DL website. I did find it, but can't remember how I did it, sorry.

chelbell
03-14-2003, 07:04 AM
Scroll down to the bottom of the DL website home page and click on "Meeting Planners". I can't remember exactly what it says, but I remember that it will give you the option for either DLH or GCH. I found it by playing around on the DL website also.:)

Disney Nick
03-15-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman

Someone is planning for the 50th? ;) I'll give you the link if you let me tag along :o

http://disney.go.com/disneymeetings/disneyland/resorts/grandcalifornian-room_elcapitan.html

And you thought the DLH suites were nice... :eek:

BTW, the El Capitan Presidential Suite is my favorite (the link goes directly to that).

chelbell
03-15-2003, 07:34 AM
HOLY COW!!!!!:eek:

aGrandma
03-19-2003, 07:47 PM
I stayed in a 2-room suite last week. Our rooms were 3360 and 3362 - both at the end of a hallway adjoining each other by a door on the 3rd floor. Our balcony was large with 4 chairs and a table. We had a living room with a hide-a-bed couch, a fridge, wet bar, and a totally separate bedroom. The adjoining room (3362) was a regular-sized room with a king-sized bed and hide-a-bed in the same room. All together we had 3 nice televisions.
The rooms were beautiful with gorgeous lamps and furniture, the large balcony looked over the pools and the small balcony for the smaller room overlooked DCA. The beds were so comfortable, even the hide-a-bed.
We had the concierge also which was really really nice. In the mornings we had breads, fresh fruit, bagels, spread, etc. and good coffee. In the afternoons there were sodas and water and bags of chips. In the late afternoon there were crackers, cheese, wine, cookies, vegetables and dip, etc. After that were still soda, water, chips and cookies. The staff was so nice and helpful.
I paid a LOT more than most of you for this - I didn't get any special deals. I went through Walt Disney Travel, and for 6 adults and 2 nights my package cost me over $2,700. That included all the park-hopper passes and hotel and the "grand plan" including lanyards for everyone, pins for everyone, a signed lithograph, a free professional photo.
My family is not wealthy, but next time I go to Disneyland I will definitely stay at Grand Californian AGAIN and get the concierge. If it takes us longer to save up for it, it's worth it. It was so convenient to go back to our room no matter where we were in the park. A must for people with young kids. We had a toddler with us.

chelbell
03-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Sounds beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are really excited about going! :D

dsny1mom
03-20-2003, 11:54 AM
We stayed in the Presidential Suite this past summer. It was ohhh so wonderful. I can assure the going per night rate is much more than $690 a night. The suite is awesome. It has a door bell as it is so big, if you are in the master bedroom you wouldn't be able to hear someone knocking. The foyer is marble, the living area has a fireplace, the dinning area has a HUGE table and full wet bar, and the master bedroom has a king bed and a chaise loung type couch/bed. The suite has live orchards growing in the living room and dinning room areas. The second bedroom has two queens beds. The suite has 3 bathrooms. The suite is one entire corner of the 11th floor, directly accross from the honeymoon suite. The windows wrap around the building so you get quite the view of DCA and DTD, with DL in the background.

We've seen the Calilfornia suite and the Marina suite. The Marina suite is very cool but only has one bedroom.

We've stayed in regal one bedroom suites in the Sierrra before too. But if I am not mistaken there are no regular two bedroom suites in Sierra, they are in Bonita and maybe in Marina.

Enjoy yourself!

dsny1mom