PDA

View Full Version : 60 days until trip--priority reservations

dgdisney
03-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Hi--My family is planning a Disney trip for mid May (a great way for me to celebrate my 40th bday). We are staying on-site for the first time (GCH-concierge-woo hoo) and we were wondering about reservations for meals and events--what really needs reservations made 60 days out?? Blue Bayou will be closed:( so that is out--anything else? Thanks!

kisroo
03-11-2003, 12:00 PM
If Fantasmic is running you could do the dessert buffet. I'm not sure if they take reservations 30 or 60 days out, but we enjoy doing that each time. Sorry to hear about BB~that's another one of our faves. even though you're *older* (hey! it's all relative,huh?!) you could make reservations to celebrate your b-day with Goofy at Goofy's kitchen! We went with a friend and her daughter and it was a blast for us as a "grown-up" couple, too!! For other reviews, check out the MPlanet reviews page-it might give you other ideas to try!
Enjoy the GCH concierge...it's nice!
~kisroo:)

pokeypoke
03-11-2003, 12:55 PM
It is recomended to make reservations for most restaurants and character breakfasts in the Disney hotels. The character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen, fills quickly. I believe you can make dinning reservations up to 60 days. Reservations for dinning in the parks are taken on a first come basis on the day you visit the park (I think). For diner reservations call (714) 781-DINE.

For tours such as "A Walk in Disney's Footsteps", reservations are taken up to 30 days in advance. This tour is a delight and offers guest a private lunch and a few other special features. Reservations for tours can be made by calling (714) 781-4400

pokey

tabacco
03-11-2003, 01:48 PM
Fantasmic balcony/premium seats are available up to 30 days in advance. Go for the balcony over the premium seats if you can manage it. The price is pretty much the same and the view/desert selection is better.

chelbell
03-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Why will BB be closed??? We're taking my in-laws in May and we were planning to take them there, since they have never eaten there. Will Pirates be closed also?

tabacco
03-11-2003, 08:55 PM
I believe so. The Bayou has to shut down with Pirates because (as you probably know) they share a show building and it would kill the ambience at the Bayou to have work crews toiling away right next to the dining area ;)

Jim
03-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Disney Dining takes priority seating reservations up to 30 days in advance. 714-781-DINE

All for now.

- Jim

dgdisney
03-12-2003, 05:38 AM
thanks everyone!

tjrj
03-12-2003, 06:11 AM
Would absolutely recommend advance res. for you are doing any character dining. I called the first day that I could for Goofy's Kitchen and STILL had to move our desired time. And if you're staying concierge-lucky you-I believe they can make all your daily res. for you.