PDA

View Full Version : Vacation planning video

mom2alexnmatt
03-11-2003, 10:55 AM
Hi guys! I ordered the free vacation planning video from the disneyland site. We have already planned our trip, we're going from May 4th to the 11th. But I thought that my 3 year old would get a kick out of the video. He'd get to see some of the rides, and the park. I ordered it over a month ago. How long does it typically take to arrive? I'm wondering if the order got screwed up and we're not going to get it, or if it just takes a while. Maybe I should just reorder it. Thanks.

cirquelover
03-11-2003, 11:00 AM
As I recall, the Disneyland one took about 5 weeks. The Disneyworld one was a little quicker 3-4 weeks. My son still watches them. We also bought the Day at the park videos at the park and they are lots of fun to look at and remember the fun:D

prudence
03-11-2003, 11:15 AM
They do seem to take awhile to arrive. We just got ours about a week ago and we'd ordered it ages ago. I can't recall how many weeks exactly, but in general they seem to arrive just as I'd forgotten all about it.

I do like this year's better than last year's as it seems more balanced and less a deliberate effort to sell DCA. (Which is not a comment either way on DCA; I had just been hoping to point out things I remembered from childhood Disneyland visits.)

Still love that old Pirates footage....I'll probably watch it again tonight. (Only 3 months of waiting left!)

Gandalf
03-14-2003, 03:11 PM
How much has the footage changed from the old one they used to offer? We don't have a VCR anymore so I hope Disney has the option of either DVD or VHS. Does Disney offer the free vacation planning video for all their Parks (overseas Parks)? Do they have to be ordered from the Disneyland site? Thanks for any help you can offer.

chelbell
03-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Mine just came in the mail today, and I think I orderd it a few months ago. It's great.....hea, we're going to be there on May 10th thru the 14th. I'm bummed because Pirates will be closed down:crying:. Have fun!

jslivinski
03-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by cirquelover
We also bought the Day at the park videos at the park and they are lots of fun to look at and remember the fun:D If this is the Day at Disneyland video it is much better than the current video they sell. The new one is nothing more than a long version of the free video (imho).

cirquelover
03-25-2003, 09:55 PM
Yes it is the Day at Disneyland video! We also have the christmas one from same year.
From what you say I am glad I didn't buy the new one last year!

We ordered ours(free ones) from disney online, I don't know if they have them for the international parks, but if they do I want them too:D

jslivinski
03-27-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by cirquelover
We ordered ours(free ones) from disney online, I don't know if they have them for the international parks, but if they do I want them too:D We have the Disneyland, DisneyWorld and Disney Cruise videos, but I've never seen Paris or Toyoko advertised. I'd get them if they have them.

hefferdude
03-27-2003, 03:32 PM
But I thought that my 3 year old would get a kick out of the video.

A bit off the video subject. Start a change jar and/or an allowance jar. When the kids roll up the change, exchange it for Disneydollars excusively for their use ( with parental approval :D ).
It adds to the fun, makes the kids be a little more careful in buying stuff and helps the parents if you get besiged by the "I wants!":)