PDA

View Full Version : Security

ksejr1
03-11-2003, 09:06 AM
in today's article it said that someone was caught with a knife inside of the park. What do you think about DLR security?? With my experience, I don't think it's very good. I've noticed, that they don't check you thoroly (I know that's spelled wrong ) I see lots of things going with out checking. Like they only check bags, and I have had my bags check, but they don't check in all the zippers. They also don't check pants pockets, which anyone can sneak something in.

Andrew
03-11-2003, 09:19 AM
I'd like a further definition of "knife". I carry on my belt a 1 1/2" folding pocketknife and a Buck folding multi-tool (needle-nose pliers, several screwdriver and small knife blades). These have gone everywhere with me, including (until after 9-11) airplanes, and into Disney parks more times than I can count. They've been more useful to me than I can express on numerous occasions.

What kind of "knife" was this person "caught" with? Was it an illegal (more than 3" blade length") blade or switchblade? Did he walk off with a steak knife from Napa Rose or Catal?

I'd hate to think my innocent tools are now the subject of persecution.

Lani
03-11-2003, 09:23 AM
I believe they were four large Bowie-type hunting knives, but I was not there to witness it myself.

Grandbreaker
03-11-2003, 09:58 AM
What do you think about DLR security?? With my experience, I don't think it's very good. I've noticed, that they don't check you thoroly (I know that's spelled wrong ) I see lots of things going with out checking. Like they only check bags, and I have had my bags check, but they don't check in all the zippers. They also don't check pants pockets, which anyone can sneak something in.

I think security is good. Do you want us to do pat-downs like we do at grad nite ? Maingate CM are doing the bag checks it if was security it would be very good. Do you want to wait 20-30 min to get in the park? You might not see us but we are there.

scaeagles
03-11-2003, 10:08 AM
I have often wondered about the inner workings of DL security. From what I have heard it is pretty good.

I heard a story (and this is from hearsay of hearsay) about a parent who had a 2 year old disappear at the park. Mere seconds after calling for help, 3 or 4 ununiformed security personnel were there to help her. They immediately closed all exits from the park. A quick review of security tapes from the area showed the child being taken by someone. They took her to the front until she was at the front so she could see every child leaving the park. Security tracked the man and child by reviewing tapes and found them a short time later, after the perp had changed the child's clothing.

If true, pretty impressive.

In the post 9/11 world, I have often wondered how Disney would prevent a bomb attack. Searching bags certainly would not stop a determined terrorist.

ksejr1
03-11-2003, 10:13 AM
I know security is all around. I would rather be checked completely since I hear that Disneyland is on the top list of terroist attacks. And some one being caught with a knife isn't good. Also the incident not too long ago with the stroller being chained to a pole all by it self. I know that waiting in line for 30mins just to be checked is crazy, but what if some one can sneak in something more dangerous than a knife?

Morrigoon
03-11-2003, 10:16 AM
scaeagles: urban legend

I think security does the best they can. Short of having people enter the park stark naked there is NO way to guarantee protection from terrorists. Just live your lives and quit worrying about it.

scaeagles
03-11-2003, 10:20 AM
I suspected as much re: urban legend.

Don't mistake what I am saying - I currently have a summer trip planned with my three kids. I am certainly not worried about it. If I were a DL security head, I would most certainly be worried about it. Has to be a remarkable challange and a concern, as I would assume there would be massive liability issues should an incident occur.