PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast

fullsail
03-10-2003, 06:04 PM
We're taking our kids (8 and 10) to Disneyland next month for the first time and wanted to take them to the character breakfast. I've heard that there is a breakfast in one of the hotels and also one inside the park. We're staying at the Howard Johnson, so we're not actually in one of the resort hotels.

Any recommendations on which breakfast to go to? Do we need reservations?

heidiwhr
03-10-2003, 06:09 PM
There are character breakfasts at all three of the resort Hotels. I HIGHLY recommend the one at Goofy's Kitchen atthe Disneyland Hotel. I've been to all 3 and that has the best buffet, best characters, and the most fun. Your kids will love it!

I have never been to the ones inside the park, but I do hear that the Plaza Inn has a pretty good one with Pooh and Friends.

Have fun!

Duane
03-10-2003, 06:59 PM
The character breakfast in the Disneyland hotel is a "must" if you have children. Unless you want to wait a couple of hours before being seated, you will need to make a reservation. To make reservations for the character breakfast in Goofy's Kitchen, call 714-781-3463. I wouldn't delay making reservations because this is a very popular location for breakfast. This is a very upbeat fun experience for children and adults. Enjoy!

Wizard69
03-10-2003, 07:35 PM
There are Character Breakfasts at Goofy's Kitchen, Storyteller's Cafe (on the weekends) and Plaza Inn. All of them are good.

chelbell
03-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Another vote for Goofy's Kitchen!!!:D

MammaSilva
03-10-2003, 09:16 PM
with 8 - 10 year olds.. my vote is Goofys.. better food selection and wider range of characters plus the Goof... he's da man....

The plaza in is Pooh and company and an occasional surprise guest.. we tend to get the Geni most of the time, Ilove the made to order omlets... but they have those at all 4 buffets...

Storytellers, chip and dale and pluto and they do NOT come to your table so the kids have to leave their food to interact.. not my fav..but the food is delish!

Miss Minnies.. mixed opinion on this one.. we've gone several times.. had both great and crappy experiences, both with character interaction (it's a show then the characters roam the room a bit) and the food.. never bad but not always excellent and for that kind of money I want excellent every time...

mousey_girl
03-11-2003, 05:09 AM
When we went earlier this month we had every intention of going to the Plaza Inn. When all 3 of us were awake and dressed at 7am we decided to go to Goofy's. No reservation and no waiting!!

They have the best offering for picky eaters. The Boy had a small bowl of Fruit Loops (grrrr at buffet prices I was not thrilled with this choice), bacon, scrambled eggs, Goofy mac&cheese and gummy worms in mud (chocolate pudding with oreo crumbs). He was delighted at the whol mac&cheese for breakfast thing.

The Hubby ended up with all sorts of stuff including Pizza and cobbler topped with ice cream. I stuck with an excellent omlet.

Character wise, you do risk a limited character offering by arriving 10 mins after they open, but it was still a great experience.

tjrj
03-11-2003, 05:24 AM
We've done character breakfasts at Goofy's and at the Plaza and regular breakfast at Storyteller's. The food is wonderful at Storyteller's but, yes, from all I've heard the character interaction is much more limited. We all actually preferred the setting and the food of the Plaza over Goofy's but Goofy's had the best character interaction. And, I agree, make your reservations early for Goofy's. I called the earliest I could to get reservations-can't remember whether that was 3 months or 1 month-and still had to adjust our desired time by half an hour.

scaeagles
03-11-2003, 06:31 AM
We've gone to Goofy's kitchen practically every time we've gone to the resort, and while aways great for the kids, there is a tremendous variance in food quality. During the prime season the food is always hot and fresh, but when business is slower, like any other buffet anywhere, the food quality is horrid. Serious heat lamp syndrome, and for the cost, I expect at least decent food. Yeah, you're paying for he characters to come see your kids, but don't expect hot and fresh food in the off season.

cstephens
03-11-2003, 05:25 PM
I've got a review of the Storyteller's Breakfast posted at this link (http://www.colddeadfish.net/storyteller121402.html) if you're interested.

Sheila
03-11-2003, 09:14 PM
In the MousePlanet Review System, we've got a number of reviews of the various characters meals at the Disneyland Resort:

DLR Character Meals (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Restaurants%2 0%2F%20Character%20dining)

Hope that helps you in making a decision.

Sheila

julia
03-13-2003, 03:09 PM
A vote for the Storyteller's Cafe - the breakfast buffet is great!

fullsail
03-13-2003, 09:56 PM
Thanks for all the advice! We're going to try Goofy's Kitchen.