PDA

View Full Version : Booking 2 rooms

CADisneyGirl
04-21-2010, 05:15 PM
If I wanted to book 2 studios instead of a 1 bedroom, can I cancel only one of the studios if needed? Should I book them under separate reservations or at one time? :confused:
I am new to this so I just wanted some help on this matter since everyone here seems to know a lot about how this works. :)
As of right now we have 4 people going and were going to use 2 studios but depending on school schedules it may go down to just 2 of us :crying: so we would only need 1 studio instead of 2.
The reason I don't just book the 1 bedroom is because if we don't need all that space I'd rather not have it and someone else can have it that may need it.

GusMan
04-21-2010, 05:31 PM
If you are set on two studios, I would book them under separate reservations. That way if you have to cancel, its a lot less hassle.

Things to remember if there is a chance that one ressie will have to be cancelled:
- You have got to cancel more than 30 days before arrival if you dont want your points to go into a holding account. If that happens, their use is "restricted" for lack of a better term and become harder to use.
- You should also be mindful of when your last chance to bank points is as that will also depend on when you can cancel the one reservation.
- If you need to borrow points to make this trip happen, have the borrowed points applied to your reservation. Since Borrowed points cannot be banked, you will at least get to use them. That way, if you have to cancel the points for that ressie can be banked if need be.

Hope that helps.

CADisneyGirl
04-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Thank you GusMan you are always so helpful when people have questions.

My annual date is in August so I'm fine on the banking window. I thought that it would be better to do it as 2 seperate because I figured it would make it easier to cancel one if necessary. The one thing I did happen to know was that 30 day window, but thanks for reminding me. I know we'll know prior to that on when the school schedule is so I can definitely cancel it probably 60 days out once we get the schedule.

Thanks again for all your help.

One more question that I forgot to ask, since I know for sure 2 of us are going should I book those 2 names in one room and then book the other one or two in the second room or book the 2 names that I know would be in one room together and then change names later if I need to cancel the one reservation.

GusMan
04-22-2010, 07:09 AM
You are welcome. :)

If you get two rooms, I would put the second room in the names of those who will be in that room. (As the Member, you still maintain control over the reservation.) That way they can set up their own room charge account and be liable for their incidentals.

They can also check in at their leisure, in case you are not traveling together.

CADisneyGirl
04-22-2010, 07:13 AM
I can still change the names on the rooms though if I have to cancel one correct? The thing is is that I know for sure me and my daughter will be going but it's her boyfriend that we're not sure of on his school schedule. So I guess I will put them in 1 room and me in the other and then if he doesn't go we can cancel it and put her on my room. Does this sound good?

GusMan
04-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Yes, you can change names as needed.

CADisneyGirl
04-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Thank you again for all your help, it's really appreciated.