PDA

View Full Version : New DLR Resort Logo!

Pages : [1] 2

merlinjones
03-10-2003, 12:48 PM
A friend sent me this link.

Seems perfect to wear to the preview of the latest attraction, any time at DCA, or to the newest Disney animated sequel screening!

I guess we aren't the only ones...

http://www.justinspace.com/pret/ShirtsDis.html

innerSpaceman
03-10-2003, 02:04 PM
I love it.

Can we get an army of people wearing this shirt to attend the opening of Pooh? I have a feeling that the attire will be most appropriate.

thekirk
03-10-2003, 03:34 PM
I suggest everyone should keep their mouth shut if they have something negative to say about a ride thats not even open. Don't speak harshly until it's open and you've ridden it.

Tref
03-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Classic! ... and unfortunately, quite TIMELY!

cstephens
03-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Seems perfect to wear to the preview of the latest attraction, any time at DCA, or to the newest Disney animated sequel screening!

I think that's a great idea. It would make some people easier to spot.

Why is this in the DL section though?

innerSpaceman
03-10-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by thekirk
I suggest everyone should keep their mouth shut if they have something negative to say about a ride thats not even open. Don't speak harshly until it's open and you've ridden it.
Conversely, I suggest that everyone keep quiet with praise and such about a Disney attraction until you've ridden it. The expectation game has shifted away from presumed positive.

tabacco
03-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Conversely, I suggest that everyone keep quiet with praise and such about a Disney attraction until you've ridden it. The expectation game has shifted away from presumed positive.

He didn't pass judgement either way, if you notice. All he said was don't judge the attraction before it even opens. And he's correct. Unless you've ridden it, you really shouldn't be saying how disappointing it is.

LIMANDL4EVA
03-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by thekirk
I totally agree.

MetalliKitty
03-10-2003, 09:57 PM
New Pooh ride soitenly gets a most glowing pre-review in the AP newsletter, interesting too...I knew the ride was under construction back there in CC but I was unaware that the old Country Bear Jamboree building was used for it.

*random memory*

The moose in the CB Jamboree scared me to tears as a small child. Then my grandfather would tease me and say "moose-moose-moose," freak me out about it.

*end random memory*

Back on subject, that new shirt is GREAT. I would link to my previous post on it but I won't, don't know how!!

Does anyone have a link to the font, like the logo on the shirts? It is called Kingdom I think, but the only source I have seen requires dinero to download it...

Tref
03-11-2003, 07:38 AM
"I suggest everyone should keep their mouth shut if they have something negative to say about a ride thats not even open. Don't speak harshly until it's open and you've ridden it."

Hehe Wow! What a crank! Actually, Kirk, old man, we are responding in part to a recent article, on the Pooh ride, from Miceage.com. I recommend that you read it and then come back ... and be a little more respectful, what? Things aren't all that bad, are they? Buck up!

merlinjones
03-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Well, I for one was already "Dissappointed" in the Florida version of Pooh (yes, I rode it!), so if DL's is less lush and tricked out than that (by most accounts so far), then why wait to have an opinion?

So far, I can say the cars are pretty ugly, don't you think?

Hey - - that T-shirt would be good for the Stockholders Meeting too, wouldn't it?

merlinjones
03-11-2003, 07:56 AM
>>Seems perfect to wear to the preview of the latest attraction, any time at DCA, or to the newest Disney animated sequel screening!<<

>>I think that's a great idea. It would make some people easier to spot.<<

Looking for a date? ;)

jrad32
03-11-2003, 08:01 AM
I'm with Merlin on this I rode the WDW version, and with our version being billed as a lesser version than that I have to think it will be disappointing.

That shirt would be perfect for DCA. In fact they should sell it at all the shops in there. You know the ones that are their instead of attractions.

ksejr1
03-11-2003, 08:54 AM
It seems that most of the people who plan on wearing the shirts to the new pooh ride are annual passholders, even if your not, if your a disney fan and plan to go for the opening, it is very sad of you. Those of you with annual pass I don't think you deserve those passes for doing such a sad thing.

Tref
03-11-2003, 09:07 AM
That's the spirit. Go get 'em, T'grl!

hbquikcomjamesl
03-11-2003, 09:29 AM
I'll second "Tref" on that: "tiggergrl" shares my own sentiments on the shirt. (Although it would have been an appropriate shirt for "Waste of Time," "The Mission Tortilla Fiasco," or "Superstar Lemon.")

pokeypoke
03-11-2003, 09:36 AM
I have been on both TD and WDW's version of Pooh. TD's version was GREAT even with the entire dialog being spoken in their language. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED with WDW's version..., even the que/loading area looked cheap compared to Tokyo. I can't believe they replaced a classic attraction like Country Bears (even though the show was a bit of a sleeper and could have been updated), with an attraction that's reported to be "less" than the WDW's version which is even "lesser" than Tokyo's! What's up with THAT! That's just a slap in our faces! I think they should have taken that "bonus" Michael Eisner recieved for the year 2002 and put it into the quality of attractions or improvements of DL. IMO, I think the shirt makes a statement on ALL levels of Disneyland reguarding the last several years! Bring back the high quality, standards and MAGIC that Disneyland was based on and maybe then, I will not assume to be "disappointed" every time something new is added to the resort.

I am NOT trying to bash Disney for there HAVE been some improvements lately and it will take time to correct all the disappointments that have scarred DL and DCA over the past few years.

pokey

RStar
03-11-2003, 09:37 AM
I wonder, does Disney have a copyright on that font? Could they request you remove the shirt from their parks?

Tref
03-11-2003, 09:44 AM
Pokey speaks the Truth!

innerSpaceman
03-11-2003, 09:49 AM
If the font itself is copyrighted, they could sue you if you tried to sell the shirt, but not if you were merely wearing it (fair use). But they could in no way ask that you remove it.

I must clarify that I would in no way wear the shirt to the Pooh opening. I don't wish to be a killjoy to a potentially happy occassion. But we here on mousepad are almost always privy to information that mere mortals have to wait to actually experience at the parks. Word is out that the ride is disappointing from sources that I have come to trust. So I have little doubt the shirt would be appropriate. Still, I will wait until I've ridden the ride until I dare to wear it.

Gemini Cricket
03-11-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
If the font itself is copyrighted, they could sue you if you tried to sell the shirt, but not if you were merely wearing it (fair use). But they could in no way ask that you remove it.

I think they could ask you to remove it or ask you to leave. Remember that case where that man and his son wore pro-peace t-shirts in a mall? They were removed from the mall because it was private property, someone was offended by the shirt and they had a dress code for their customers. I think this same thinking might be used in the same way re: DL. (Also, I think only one person complained to security at that mall. I'll try to find a link to the article to back my argument.)

BTW- I like the t-shirt. It's well done. I'm just not sure I'd wear it...

Gemini Cricket
03-11-2003, 09:59 AM
The article. (http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/03/05/offbeat.peace.arrest.reut/index.html)

Morrigoon
03-11-2003, 10:12 AM
I agree that that t-shirt is better for the shareholders meeting than for the pooh opening.

merlinjones
03-11-2003, 10:31 AM
Look, wear or don't wear one wherever you want, my point is really ironic in nature.

The fact that such a shirt even exists should be a huge wake-up call to the company about what they have done to the brand in recent years. Many people now expect to be Disappointed by Disney (shades of 1980!). The meaning and intent of the shirt is clearly conveyed.

That's sad.

As for Pooh, I no longer have an AP, so I will have to pay a full price admission to see it when it opens. If I know it's worse than WDW (which is already cheap), why would I rush to do so? An AP can wait to see and complain later at no $ risk - - the full price customers are risking their cash. They/we should be getting top quality for our money, beyond expectations. Buy first, complain later doesn't work after the $50. is spent.

Any additions to DCA don't count when you buy a ticket to Disneyland.

Tref
03-11-2003, 11:02 AM
That's the spirit! Got get 'em Merlin!