PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania opening delay 4/20 - 23

AVP
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Toy Story Midway Mania will open two hours AFTER DCA April 20-23. No idea why, just wanted to pass that along for those planning to do the morning rope drop.

AVP

olegc
04-19-2010, 11:27 AM
could be TS3 integration testing? ooh! hope so.

BQ2
04-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks AVP.

Toy Story Midway Mania will open two hours AFTER DCA April 20-23. No idea why, just wanted to pass that along for those planning to do the morning rope drop.

AVP

Drince88
04-19-2010, 02:44 PM
could be TS3 integration testing? ooh! hope so.

If that is what it is, too bad they can't do it in the off hours!

twindaddy
04-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi Guys,
My brother is a studio CM, going with me to the park tomorrow. We were reviewing the schedule that CM's can access on their intranet, and it indicated Toy Story mania will open late tomorrow also. No reason given.

Just a last minute FYI.
-twindaddy

olegc
04-26-2010, 05:04 PM
If that is what it is, too bad they can't do it in the off hours!

hmm - maybe - but in the off hours you do have the construction going on and such. so maybe too many things at once around the pier is bad for ultimate testing. or they want CMs to participate and don't want to pay OT.

Of course, it could aways be that VPs in the TDA and DCA offices hate to come in early :eyeroll:

MousePlanet AutoPoster
04-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Big news to share today…a new game with new faces is being added to Toy Story Mania! at Disney’s California Adventure and Disney’s Hollywood Studios as part of the celebration of the soon-to-be-released Disney*Pixar film “Toy Story 3.” We’re also introducing a new character that you’ll have a chance to see and greet at both locations –- and it’s all happening in May.

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DisneyParks/~3/W3MjOhDxxwk/)

AVP
04-28-2010, 10:45 AM
could be TS3 integration testing? ooh! hope so.Looks like Oleg was right - Disney just made the official announcement this morning.

AVP

houseofmouse
04-28-2010, 12:47 PM
When in May???:confused: My luck it will be after I leave!

olegc
04-28-2010, 01:47 PM
I would say that logically it would be mid-may, because you'd want to work out kinks before Memorial Day Weekend.

however, that may not get as much push as opening it late in may. who cares about problems when you can get the entire LA press core to focus on you? :eyeroll:

olegc
04-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Looks like Oleg was right - Disney just made the official announcement this morning.

AVP

thanks - it was just a guess - but a well thought out one! :D

seaera
04-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Has there been a delay this week as well? I'll be there next week so if there is an opening delay, I won't bother doing the 'walk with purpose'. :)