PDA

View Full Version : Question about '98 Tomorrowland

Morrigoon
03-09-2003, 11:40 PM
Does anyone remember if a sign in the Rocket Rods queue said Tomorrowland Transit Authority 50 years? We spied it through a curtain tonight and wondering if they're up to something, or if it was always incorrect like that.

Polar33
03-10-2003, 12:25 AM
I remember it being there when Rocket Rods opened. I also remember a little announcement in the Circle Vision room of the queue stating the "celebration of 50 years of Tomorrowland Rapid Transit".

I guess they had set their hopes a little high on how long it would last. :)

TP2000
03-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Yeah, that sign (and others like it further in the first queue room) has been there since the Rocket Rods opened in May, 1998. It didn't make much sense back in 1998, because the 50th Anniversary celebration would have put the birth of "Tomorrowland Transit" in the year 1948.

I think they were just assuming that the Rocket Rods would last more than the 18 months of operation they got out of that attraction before it was shuttered forever.

RStar
03-11-2003, 10:10 AM
No, I belive it started with some of Walt's cartoons about future modes of transportation, as explained in the films in the circle vission room. It's all about Walt's dreams of the future and started when he aired them on the Disneyland show, in the Tomarrowland section.

IMHO;) ...............