PDA

View Full Version : World of Color/Cars Land/Rivers of America

Mom2
04-15-2010, 08:54 PM
When are they scheduled to open and in the case of Rivers of America-reopen?

Searching tonight I have not been able to find the answer, its probably staring me right in the face. ;)

Thanks everyone!

bennette
04-15-2010, 09:08 PM
You can find the Rivers of America schedule in the Disneyland update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9220/Disneyland_Resort_Update). (This info is at the bottom of the update.) Most things are closed until May 6. Some attractions are not open until later that month.

You probably can't find specifics on the others because Disney hasn't provided them. World of Color has had some tests run but no formal date as of yet (check the update above for info on progress on World of Color as well).

And Carsland isn't on my real radar yet (as in it's a while off). But I'm sure someone will be here soon with the most recent reports.

darph nader
04-15-2010, 09:09 PM
If remember rightly,RoA May 6th. WoC June 11th. :confused:

bennette
04-15-2010, 09:13 PM
AVP says "no" to June 11. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=1520028&highlight=world+color+june#post1520028)

I don't get excited until she says at least "maybe." :)

Not saying it won't be open that day. Just not planning on it.

Mom2
04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Thank you both. Just hoping that at least W of C and R of A will be open the end of Sept when we go.

Seeing how the Cars Land project is a huge project costing $200 mil, did I read that right?! It probably wont be open by then I can assume. But I was hoping! It will just be an excuse to go back again!;)

AVP
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM
AVP says "no" to June 11. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=1520028&highlight=world+color+june#post1520028)

I don't get excited until she says at least "maybe." :)Actually, AVP said DISNEY said nothing. I can't give a firm date until Disney gives one. That said, since they began limited cast previews this week, I'd say June 11th is looking good.

AVP

(Seriously, I'd LOVE to say "heck yes, it's June 11th," but I can't until Disney confirms it. Let's just say that I, personally, will not be at Disneyland on June 11th, and I'm REALLY UPSET about what I'm going to be missing.)

3Princesses1Prince
04-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Thank you both. Just hoping that at least W of C and R of A will be open the end of Sept when we go.

Seeing how the Cars Land project is a huge project costing $200 mil, did I read that right?! It probably wont be open by then I can assume. But I was hoping! It will just be an excuse to go back again!;)

Cars wont be until 2012 I think.

3Princesses1Prince
04-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Actually, AVP said DISNEY said nothing. I can't give a firm date until Disney gives one. That said, since they began limited cast previews this week, I'd say June 11th is looking good.

AVP

(Seriously, I'd LOVE to say "heck yes, it's June 11th," but I can't until Disney confirms it. Let's just say that I, personally, will not be at Disneyland on June 11th, and I'm REALLY UPSET about what I'm going to be missing.)

Any hints on dining/dessert seating?

AVP
04-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Any hints on dining/dessert seating?No, and I asked again today because I know so many are waiting.

AVP

olegc
04-20-2010, 08:08 AM
i guess they just announced June 11th as the official date for WoC. Interestingly I met a CM/Engineer who worked on Electrical Parade for here, then florida, then back here (getting lights, batteries, etc. all working). He told his friend he would give away his CM preview spots for WoC because he's seen it so many times during evening testing at DCA. He seemed less than enthused by the show - and I can only surmise it's because he's seen it so many times now it's probably lost its luster for him.

Still - I need clear my calendar and be there early to get a show pass. Hey - that's a good question - will Show Pass be working that day?