PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passholders Can Enjoy Special Savings and Offers [AP discount extended again]

AVP
04-14-2010, 09:19 AM
I just received this from the Disneyland Resort. It's interesting to note that the extra 10% AP discount has been extended YET AGAIN.
Annual Passholders Can Enjoy Special Savings and Offers – All Year Long!

Throughout the year, you can look forward to special early-shopping opportunities, sneak peeks at new merchandise lines, shopping locations and experiences; special discounts and savings; as well as opportunities to be among the first to purchase Annual Passholder themed merchandise celebrating new entertainment and special events.

April 2010: Food & Wine

This month, be sure to take advantage of our special Annual Passholder Food & Wine merchandise offers including a special commemorative pin featuring the California Vineyards poster art as well as a glass coaster set ($29 - set of 4). The coaster set comes complete with a base and each coaster features the Disney's California Food & Wine Festival 2010 logo. Please note: The Annual Passholder pin and coaster set will not be available to purchase via Disneyland Merchandise Guest Services.

The Disney's California Food & Wine Festival 2010 begins April 16 and runs through May 31. For more information on this year's Food & Wine Festival visit www.Disneyland.com/FoodandWine (http://www.disneyland.com/FoodandWine).

To view our 2010 Food and Wine Festival merchandise and for a complete list of Autograph Sessions, click here (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_foodandwinefestival2010.html).

Another great reason to be an AP, now you can save money when shopping at the Disneyland® Resort! Now through September 30, 2010, we're offering special AP discounts at select Resort merchandise locations. So Cal, So Cal Select and Deluxe Annual Passholders enjoy 10% off their purchases, while Premium Annual Passholders will receive 20% off (usually 10%).*

Keep watching Disneyland.com/AP and ArtofDisneyParks.com for the latest information on Annual Passholder offers and more.

*At the Disneyland® Resort, offer is valid only at select Disneyland® Resort store locations. Not valid on previous purchases. Discount is not valid on purchases of DVD, VHS, software media, Walt Disney Classics Collections, original artwork, selected collectibles, food or beverage, Disney Dollars, Gift Cards, Ticket Media, Park Admission, Arcades, Newspapers/Periodicals, Tobacco, Postage stamps, digital and video cameras, disposable cameras, shipping or taxes. Discount does not apply at the following locations: Midway games, Fairytale Arts, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d'Orleans), Face Painting, or at any Downtown Disney® District location other than World of Disney® Store. May not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion. Not valid on previous purchases.

olegc
04-14-2010, 09:28 AM
it's funny- but the discount is sounding like the 2-fer promotion. keep using it to get people to come back and buy. I spoke with a CM a while back who said it's made a huge difference in merchandise sales. and if the AP holders number near 1 Million people, consider even if half of them have been coming back and buying stuff - you can imagine the additional revenue they are seing (of course do folks need all that stuff? :rolleyes: )

You also have to wonder if so many passholders exist and buy - the markup on the merchandise must be pretty good for the continued discount. My timing is terrible - as still being unemployed has limited or taken away my chance to buy right now - but I guess it's a good thing for most of the AP holders.

cstephens
04-14-2010, 10:15 AM
The extended discount is great for us. We don't buy more than we would normally buy, but what we do buy, we get an extra discount for. It's especially good for big ticket items like the Olszewski miniatures. Usually, we have to ration our renewal discount coupons. Now, not so much.

MammaSilva
04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I love it...it also gives people an incentive to keep their premium pass instead of downgrading to a deluxe pass. We didn't buy anything more than we normally would have on our trip, in fact we probably did less shopping due to unusual circumstances but it's making me reconsider downgrading both our passes, I may just downgrade hers and keep mine at the premium level for the additional discounts.

dlfansx4
04-14-2010, 11:21 AM
MS - we keep one premium pass just for the discounts (and parking) too. It is actually my DD's pass so that no matter who brings her (me or DH), we have the parking paid.

We have enjoying the 20% discount but I'm not sure we bought anything more than we would have anyway. Most of the stuff purchased recently was by the kids using gift cards they got for Christmas. So they were able to stretch their money further because of the discount. And because the passholder needs to pay for the items to get the discount, we have to use cash so that DD can pay for it (so that limited my purchases too).

I was eyeing a jacket and almost bought it just because of the 20% discount, but I talked myself out of it. But if I can use it on one of the Dooney & Bourke purses.....well, I just might have to give in ;-)

MammaSilva
04-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Actually, what we have done several times when I just didn't do the premium is I buy a gift card and have the person holding the 'good' pass pay for things so we have the discount but I don't have to pay for ATM charges or find a store with Disney dollars.

disneyfn
04-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Too bad DL can't give us 20 percent off our renewal on our AP's!:)

lola2009
04-14-2010, 12:31 PM
I have 2 questions :)

We just renewed out APs for the first time. There are 4 of us. How many of the 20% renewal coupons will we get? And wil we be able to use this doscount to purchase Dooney and Bourke purses?

CariBelle
04-14-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm really sad we aren't attending the Festival now, I really like the coaster set and the totes!

Malcon10t
04-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Actually, what we have done several times when I just didn't do the premium is I buy a gift card and have the person holding the 'good' pass pay for things so we have the discount but I don't have to pay for ATM charges or find a store with Disney dollars.We have done this many times also.

ChurroGirl
04-14-2010, 03:03 PM
As someone who is an AP holder but only visits a 4-5 times a year I love that they are extending the discount!

Like cstephens we purchase alot of the miniatures and the discount has helped out alot this year.

mechurchlady
04-14-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm really sad we aren't attending the Festival now, I really like the coaster set and the totes!
I am sure you could ask someone and they would pick up a set for you. I have a glass on the table in the living room from last year. They have very good stuff. I do not need more tote bags and do not drink wine so not much for me to buy. I am so stoked for the festival.

I got the 20% discount coupon when I ate at a restaurant and it was very limited on time of day and stores. When paying for stuff I have ready my driver's license, credit card, and AP in one move. I do not even ask for discounts as I would buy stuff even without the discount.

nbaum
04-14-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm excited about this. I still have my free birthday gift card to spend!

Cnjp
04-16-2010, 04:10 AM

We just renewed out APs for the first time. There are 4 of us. How many of the 20% renewal coupons will we get? And wil we be able to use this doscount to purchase Dooney and Bourke purses?

You should receive four of the 20% off coupons, one for each pass you renew. The coupon has a few limitations listed on the back, but doesn't mention anything about designer clothes or accessories. :)

fairestoneofall
04-16-2010, 04:50 AM
I may just downgrade hers and keep mine at the premium level for the additional discounts.
This is us! DH and DS4 have DAPs and mine is PAP. Let's face it, I rarely let anyone slip in a trip to DL without ME! ;)

And wil we be able to use this doscount to purchase Dooney and Bourke purses?
If I remember when I'm there today, I'll ask. You said that they were in one of the stores on the left side of Main St. as you are heading towards the castle?

cstephens
04-16-2010, 05:01 AM
If I remember when I'm there today, I'll ask. You said that they were in one of the stores on the left side of Main St. as you are heading towards the castle?

My guess is that it's the Fortuosity Shop, what used to just be called the watch shop. That's where they have higher-end purses and stuff.

fairestoneofall
04-16-2010, 05:17 AM
My guess is that it's the Fortuosity Shop, what used to just be called the watch shop. That's where they have higher-end purses and stuff.
Thanks cstephens, I'll check there first.

lola2009
04-16-2010, 09:49 AM
thanks cnjp, cstephens and f1oa.

fairestoneofall
04-17-2010, 01:07 PM
I checked yesterday and it IS the Fortuosity shop and they are offering the AP discount on the Dooney and Burke handbags.

dlfansx4
04-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I checked yesterday and it IS the Fortuosity shop and they are offering the AP discount on the Dooney and Burke handbags.

Awesome, I am going to have to squeeze in a trip soon to check it out :-)