PDA

View Full Version : incisive cutting article disects Diz to the bone. MUST READ!

Doodle Duck
03-08-2003, 08:21 AM
It's on MotleyFool.com (financial website...you have to sign up (free) to get it.
It is also repeated on a GREAT new Ride site RideWorld.com that offers a premium membership (which I have and you should check out...)

Of all the chatter on Diz and the Eisner screwups and the current state of affairs and non performance and sponsor bailouts and lack of new attractions and the Miramax/Pixar bolts... THIS ARTICLE/COMMENTARY is a MUST read and puts it all in sharp perspective, both business wise and fan wise.

Just sign up free on Motleyfool I guess. It's worth it.

Some quotes...

"Any company caught counting dollars before smiles has no right to question why the public won't pay e-ticket prices for an A-ticket experience."

"Given that the board awarded Eisner and President Robert Iger $5 million and $3 million, respectively, in stock bonuses for their performance in fiscal 2002, you wouldn't guess the executive ranks are in trouble. Yet revenues dipped; operating profits fell by a third; and cash flow from operations tanked by $762 million from the year before. This performance was rewarded?

The stock has surrendered two-thirds of its value over the past two years. However, it has simply aped the 64% decline in operating cash flow, which has gone from $6.4 billion in fiscal 2000 to $2.3 billion last year. Debt is up. Earnings are down. A bonus? Really?"

"The company has chosen to define success by the same metric that it defines "celebrity" in casting ABC's Celebrity Mole and I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here."

This last quote can be related to SSL as well...no?

Read it...and please refrain from comment unless you DO read the whole piece.

Darkbeer
03-08-2003, 08:45 AM
The link to the article "Disney Whirl" has been in the News and Business sections for over a day here at MousePlanet.

Doodle Duck
03-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Great.
Now here's a place folks can comment if they like.

merlinjones
03-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Great article. Thanks for tagging it.