PDA

View Full Version : Lengthy, Lame-o Question-o! [Buying APs]

Pages : [1] 2

Allysen1Derland
03-07-2003, 08:54 AM
Okay, we're finally doin' it! To heck with everything, I'm either givin' up or givin' in, but damn it! It's been a sucky 2 days, & I need some retail therapy!! (and what makes all of this SO bad is it's only the 2nd day of Lent, and I've done everything I've given up....:( )

So, we were set to move out of our house this weekend (escrow closes on the 11th) and had found an amazing, incredible house to lease for a year while we figure out what do to. We were approved, yada yada, & yesterday, when OUR broker called the other nasty broker from the bowels of hell that we hadn't heard from, so we could get the papers signed, hand over the check, and get the keys, she kindly informs him, "Oh! I forgot! I've already signed another couple for a 3 year lease!" (We only want one year) SHE WASN'T EVEN GOING TO CALL US!! :mad: :mad: ) So, now we have to do a 15 day rent back on our own home, and find something else, or maybe go with our second option, which is a great house, right on Ventura Blvd. (I dig that scene, so it wouldn't be bad for me, just Mike!)

ANYHOW, here's my question!! (Whew, Lord Almighty, finally!)

We've decided to just buy AP's to cheer ourselves up! The big-o premium-o whatever-they-are-called-o! Even our non-Disney friends have 'em, so what's our excuse?? :rolleyes: My question is, do I have to ACTUALLY go to DL to buy them? Can I do it online, and then when we go, we get our picture taken? Do I have to call? I remember looking online at the Disney Resort site awhile ago, but I couldn't find a place to make the purchase! I mean, if you were out of town and wanted to buy them, there would have to be a way, right??

HELP! And thanks for listening to the depressing ramblings of a Drama Queen! :rolleyes:

MammaSilva
03-07-2003, 09:00 AM
Ally, the only other place I know of to buy the passes is at the DisneyStores ... here it's a 2/3 week wait after you buy them to actually get the coupon that you trade for the AP when you get to the park, did you try calling the resort and asking them if they have a charge by phone option?

Allysen1Derland
03-07-2003, 09:06 AM
Thank you, mammasilva! I can always count on you!! You're the BEST!! :) :) :)

Now, if I can figure out the general info number to DL....I know it's an easy one, but I have about 15 different DL #'s scrambled in my head from when I was a cast member! :D :rolleyes: Typical me! :D

Darkbeer
03-07-2003, 09:09 AM
You can buy both Deluxe and Premium AP's online, but there is a handling fee.

This is a new feature that came with the new version of Disneyland.com

http://attractiontickets.tickets.com/buy/TicketTrans?storeID=DLR&ticketGroupID=DLR_PRM_AP&category=DLR_AP

Allysen1Derland
03-07-2003, 09:15 AM
DARKBEER!! :) :) Thank you!!!! I appreciate the link muy, muy, mucho!! In fact, I'm goin' there right now. I'm at the point of depression beyond handling fees! (but thanks for letting me know!) I'll give my right arm at this point to get an AP (not that Disney wants it, although it would be a cool, new, animatronic! :D)

I'll do everything but sell my Soul to get me an AP! (Well, maybe not everything..) :~D

Thank you!! :)

tabacco
03-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Your best, fastest, and cheapest bet is to just buy them at the park the first time you go. It takes almost no time at all, and you'll have your real AP cards within an hour at most. Plus, if you bring the parking slip from when you paid to park, they'll even give you the $8 credit when you buy the Premium AP (or any other AP with parking included).

tod
03-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Allysen1Derland
Now, if I can figure out the general info number to DL....I know it's an easy one, but I have about 15 different DL #'s scrambled in my head from when I was a cast member! :D :rolleyes: Typical me! :D

Main switchboard: 714 781-4000
Voice mail info line: 714 781-4565
Live voice infline: 714 781-7290
Or 40, 41 and 42 on my cell phone speed dial :D

--T

mad4mky
03-07-2003, 10:13 AM
I'm kinda confused. :confused:

Since you live somewhat near DLR (a lot closer than I...that's for sure...), why can't you just buy them at the park? You are obviously going to go to the park in the near future...
why can't you pick them up then?

Seems as though buying them at a Disney Store...or else where would be more of a hassle then getting them at the source.

But...I guess that's just me wondering. Everyone does things differently...

(ps. Living further away from the park than you. We even bought them there the first time!)

Allysen1Derland
03-07-2003, 10:59 AM
You guys are so awesome!! Thank you SO MUCH for all of your help & advice!! :)

mad4mky, you are SO right- I'm an hour from the park (I'm in L.A.), but I know I'll never make it down there anytime soon, what with the drama of moving & finding a place! :( And, I might as well be honest here, my least flattering quality? Impatience! I know, it's awful, I'm not proud, and it's a bad, bad thing!! :( I try to be better, I really do! :( (Can I at least attribute it to living in L.A.? The fast pace? The road rage? The traffic?) Nah, I gotta take responsibility! When I get fixated on something- I want it accompolished NOW! :( Pretty bad, huh?

So, my sacrifice for Lent was going to be shopping. And I just spent $460.00 on Premium AP's ('cause you KNOW I had to get the express delivery! :rolleyes: ) But actually, I think I'm exempt! Because my amazing Hubby-to-be actually paid for them! :) Whatta guy!! He hasn't just made my day, he's made my life! :)

Now, I can do the Sunday Meets early! (well, noon at least!) with Not Afraid, Cemeinke, Flubber & Zapppop! And everyone else! (Don't go switchin' your "meet" days on me guys! I think your'e stuck with me! Haha! :D :p )

mad4mky
03-07-2003, 11:05 AM
mad4mky, you are SO right- I'm an hour from the park (I'm in L.A.), but I know I'll never make it down there anytime soon,

So, my sacrifice for Lent was going to be shopping. And I just spent $460.00 on Premium AP's ('cause you KNOW I had to get the express delivery! :rolleyes: )

Again...I don't get it????:confused:

If you can't get there anytime soon...why the rush? Not only have you paid for express shipping...you now have paid for days you that are not going to the park!!! (when you knew you weren't going to the park...)
You could have waited until you got there...bought the passes...and started using them from that day forward...

But...I guess money is no object for some people...

Bill Catherall
03-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by mad4mky
you now have paid for days you that are not going to the park!!! Actually, the passes aren't activated until she uses them the first time. But I don't understand either.

MickeyD
03-07-2003, 11:23 AM

So, my sacrifice for Lent was going to be shopping. And I just spent $460.00 on Premium AP's ('cause you KNOW I had to get the express delivery! :rolleyes: ) But actually, I think I'm exempt! Because my amazing Hubby-to-be actually paid for them! :) Whatta guy!! He hasn't just made my day, he's made my life! :)

OMG!!! Ally!!!!! I've never met anyone else who gave up shopping for Lent! That's what I gave up 3 years ago, and everyone I know made fun of me. It's soo cool to finally find someone else who thinks like me! :D :D :D

And YAY!! You and Mike have APs now. We'll have to go as soon as you get the whole house mess straightened out (which I know will be soon, and you'll have an awesome house!)

mad4mky
03-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
Actually, the passes aren't activated until she uses them the first time. But I don't understand either.

Yeah...you're right. I was thinking about my renewals. But if there was no hurry...

stinkerbell
03-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Yeah...you're right. I was thinking about my renewals. But if there was no hurry... I think when it comes to retail therapy, there's always a hurry..... ;)

Feel better, sweetie! It'll all work out just fine. I'm sorry to hear about that other house. What a pain. The one on Ventura is so nice, though, so at least you have a good back-up plan.

And Yea on the PAP's!! How fun for both you and Mike! :)

Allysen1Derland
03-07-2003, 12:40 PM
But...I guess money is no object for some people...

Ouch! :( That stung! :(

To those that have the impression we're super-wealthy (and I've heard this from a few) I might as well humiliate myself and let it be known that, yes we DID do incredibly well. We are extremely fortunate. I THANK GOD I've never had to suffer, and yes, Mike grew up a millionaire. His parents are.

Mike lost his biggest account in his company. (through no fault of his own, I might add) and WHAM! No income. Except mine, which is nowhere NEAR the leagues of what Mike brought in. I didn't know how we were going to make it. I ran myself into the ground. Whatever money I made, I turned over to Mike. Most of all, I stuck by his side. Because ALL THOSE BELONGINGS mean nothing. In the end, you can't take them with you. Mike is WHO I LOVE, not his $$. I'm not saying this because I want pity, Everyday when I say my prayers I remember there is always someone who has it worse. And we'll pull through, as long as we have each other. I'd live in a cardboard box with Mike. Believe it or not, I'm not impressed by bling. I'm impressed by a loving heart. And when it comes to money, I know how to take care of myself.

Now, wer'e finally coming around slowly. Mike got his client back, and things are looking up! :)

I've been on both sides. Thank God we have family who loves us & looked out for us. Now, we finally got some money and we decided, "let's treat ourselves!" We've been scared for so long. My Mom being sick, my Grandpa, scared we would have to foreclose.

I'm sorry I'm overreacting. It's nobody's business, really, and I just spilled, when I don't have to justify anything to anybody. It just hurt my feelings. We wanted passes. Now, I'm wishing we hadn't! :(

stinkerbell
03-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Eh! :rolleyes: Never let anyone's opinion make you wish you didn't buy passes. Heck, I live in Oregon, am faaaaaaaaar from wealthy, and I have DAP's. Try explaining that one to people. I know why you bought the passes when and how you did: You're not going to go to DLR anytime soon, you have an escrow check NOW and you are depressed and needed retail therapy. :) BINGO!!!! PAP's via overnight. And it's a good investment, so no worries!

Chin up, my dear. ;)

Bill Catherall
03-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Well, if the money's there now, but wouldn't be at your next visit then I can understand the rush.

But the real therapy is in the use of those passes. So get thee to the parks! :D

HBTiggerFan
03-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Thanks SO MUCH Ally :rolleyes: now i need to get my AP back. :rolleyes: :p ;)

just teasin girlie!

Hades
03-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Ouch! :( That stung! :( {snip}

I've been on both sides. Thank God we have family who loves us & looked out for us. Now, we finally got some money and we decided, "let's treat ourselves!" We've been scared for so long. My Mom being sick, my Grandpa, scared we would have to foreclose.

I'm sorry I'm overreacting. It's nobody's business, really, and I just spilled, when I don't have to justify anything to anybody. It just hurt my feelings. We wanted passes. Now, I'm wishing we hadn't! :(

Don't you worry about others opinions, Ally. Sometimes some people tend to not pay attention to what ammunition they put into their gossip cannons before they fire their mouths off. It comes with not knowing enough about the person of subject that they are talking about. Then there are those who only talk to hear themselves talk. Which ever type it is, it doesn't do you any good to let them dictate which way your life's choices go.

If you want the PAP's because you want them, go for it! I think it is just fine! Besided, I would get to see a lot more of you and Mike that way!:)

mad4mky
03-07-2003, 02:58 PM
I didn't mean it to sting...

I have an PAP...and I live hours away. So, don't feel guilty buying them...that wasn't my point.
I just didn't (and don't since you live so close) your rush.

I just can't understand why you had to have them TODAY...when you live an hour away...and you paid for express mail???? Doesn't make sense to me.

But, like I always said, to each his own. And...everyone has different ideas of money spending. Me...If I was going to go to the park next Sunday, would have waited to buy them then...and not spent extra $ just to have a piece of paper in my hand...when you are still going to have to stand in line to get the thing processed anyway.

And...while retail therapy is nice at times. Impulse buying can be dangerous to many people, and has caused many bankrupcy cases.
I am not dictating what she should be doing. I was trying to understand WHY she did it that way.

MickeyD
03-07-2003, 03:14 PM
I am not dictating what she should be doing. I was trying to understand WHY she did it that way.

But maybe you never will understand why she did it that way. You have often posted about going on shopping binges when your husband is away, and I don't understand that, but that's ok, I don't need to understand it.

Ally, I think (at least I certainly hope) that nobody here is asking you to justify your actions, so don't worry about it, k? I for one don't really care if you paid an extra million bucks to have Michael Eisner hand deliver the AP's to your door, I'm just happy for you that you have them. :)

EandCDad
03-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Last time I checked, this was a discussion board. If you are gonna post things here, you should be prepared to have people discuss them. If you don't want people to do that, then write a PM or an email.

I can't really get behind a comment like "I don't care what anybody thinks" being written about something a person has decided to post in a public forum.

MammaSilva
03-07-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm getting here just a little late, however, I didn't see anyone asking Ally to 'justify' anything. I saw No 'gossip cannons' but I do see a whole lot of "hey, let's all jump in and protect Ally's" feelings going on. Having good friends is a great thing, having friends who are so protective that they don't bother to actually READ a post before feeling the need to protect and defend is another story.

If Ally didn't want her decision/method of buying AP's discussed she should have just asked her question sans all the drama of the house issues, then thanked people for the various solutions offered and ended the thread...

Beware what you put on the web especially on a discussion board because you may NOT like the outcome of the discussion.

BTW Congrats on the PAP's Ally & Mike, I have a PAP as well and never regret having it even tho I'm 8 hours from the parks!

tazart
03-07-2003, 03:49 PM
RELAX GIRL!

Maybe one day if I get the chance I could tell you about the last 3 1/2 years of my financial life and I'm still working to get out of it. There's a lot you are doing right now that I can't because of it. I still manage to have an AP though.

Look at it the way I do. The first time you go it costs you $225 to get in, but the rest of the year you get in for FREE! It's like your own little park that you just happen to have invited 1000's of other people you don't even know to.

Just go and have fun!

And avoid those padders 'cause they seem a little strange. :D

MickeyD
03-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Wow, EandCDad...Am I asking anyone not to discuss Ally's AP buying? Oh wait, I meant discuss? If you all want to discuss Ally having the passes express delivered to her house, I don't really care if we discuss it until this is the longest thread on the Pad. All I am saying is don't expect to understand it. Maybe Ally can explain it in a way that all 3600+ members of MousePad will understand it, she did already tell us that she's impatient. And maybe she'll find 27 more ways to tell us she's impatient and we still won't understand it.

And mammasilva, rest assured that I read every post on this thread....most of them more than once.

Since there seem to be two people who feel that I'm saying don't discuss Ally's method of buying passes, I apologize for coming across that way. I was just trying to let Ally know that I for one don't care what method she used to buy the passes. And (obviously poorly) I was trying to let people know that they don't *need* to understand her methods....But I didn't mean to imply that people should stop discussing them.