PDA

View Full Version : Background Music @ California Adventure

jbig
04-08-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm not sure if it's been playing recently, but the past few times I've gone earlier this year (around Winter time), my girlfriend and I have heard some real awesome spanish guitar music going on throughout the park, specifically around the winery.

I did a brief Google search but I know something that specific and small may be overlooked on the web.

It's a wild take but I was hoping someone may have already been curious about this and pursued an answer. Any luck?

mechurchlady
04-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Music Loop
http://www.parktunes.com/areas/2
That is one site I like for DLR music.

http://www.parktunes.com/attractions/58
That is the one they list at that site but the Tratatoria was remodeled so they might have changed the tunes. Start there and many of the songs can be found on youtube.

Estudio Sin Luz i
Andres Segovia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQtcbmxwhXU

jbig
04-08-2010, 11:20 AM
@mechurchlady

thanks for the link! i couldn't find any relevant matches but the Andres Segovia track was definitely dead on. it was a few songs that were a bit more fast paced spanish guitar. some real groovy stuff.

however, i wasn't aware of this site and you just bought me a few more hours online researching some tunes ive always been interested in researching into! thanks!

DaDuckFan1955
04-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure if it's been playing recently, but the past few times I've gone earlier this year (around Winter time), my girlfriend and I have heard some real awesome spanish guitar music going on throughout the park, specifically around the winery.

I did a brief Google search but I know something that specific and small may be overlooked on the web.

It's a wild take but I was hoping someone may have already been curious about this and pursued an answer. Any luck?

This site has some of that music you can listen to, you cannot download it, it is just for your listening pleasure, but at least it helps bring back those memories of hearing music/sounds while in the parks.
http://www.visionsfantastic.com/tunez/search.php?action=doSearch&searchFor=pacific+wharf&search_type=all

mechurchlady
04-08-2010, 03:38 PM
It is a matter of knowing what it is you are looking for. Try "music loops" and the park you are interested in. I think you might be there a long time if you try all the parks.

Glad to be of service.

fairestoneofall
04-09-2010, 01:14 PM
There's also a great guitarist that plays nightly right outside of La Brea Bakery. His music is for sale, but I can't remember his name.

Dezmond
04-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Do you know if there is any website to download mp3's of the park background music ? :)

BIRDGIRLS
04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I've heard "Tamacun" by Rodrigo & Gabriela played around the wharf area. I don't go to DCA much anymore (alas, college :/) but I remember the song was a free download once on iTunes. It was really catchy, so I got it, then I swear I heard it at DCA!!

Anyways, hope that helps a bit..

mechurchlady
04-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Do you know if there is any website to download mp3's of the park background music ? :)
I do not know of a site that sells soundtracks but for many songs you can download for free or a fee songs such as the one I posted. Some are not commercially available but you will at least have some of the DLR magic.

jbig
04-12-2010, 06:04 PM
@BIRDGIRLS

Awesome song! Definitely right along the lines of what I heard around the wharf/Trat. I'm even assuming they play all the songs off the same album.

Mickey71
04-12-2010, 06:48 PM
I once purchased a 2-disc CD set on Main Street that contained all kinds of park music and I LOVE it - it is titled Disneyland Resort Official Album 2006.

Seasons O The Vine is a track that is identified as being played at/around Napa Rose. It has some parts that are pretty Spanish guitarish sounding....

Don't know if you can download these CDs but if you are a Disney Freak they are totally worth tracking down. There are loops for almost every area you can think of including ride soundtracks (like Space Mountain!) and I use them often to edit and create ringtones for my cell phone from them... :D

BIRDGIRLS
04-12-2010, 09:48 PM
@BIRDGIRLS

Awesome song! Definitely right along the lines of what I heard around the wharf/Trat. I'm even assuming they play all the songs off the same album.

Yeah I was so surprised when I heard them there! I was like, "wait a minutes, I keep hearing this on my iPod.."! But yeah I don't know about the rest of the album, I only know the one song by Rodrigo y Gabriela.. but I really do like that song :]

houseofmouse
04-13-2010, 09:07 AM

I listen to live365.com. No downloads but great disney music!

Dezmond
04-13-2010, 10:41 AM
thanks guyss ! :)

woody9six
04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Have you tried Disneymusicloops.com? I don't know if it is still up and running and the web filter at work blocks it, but I was steered there by a fellow Mouse Padder a while back and was able to find the list of songs played in Sunshine Plaza. Maybe somebody can check it and report back.

Nothing downloadable, but a helpful list of the songs played in the different areas.

bigrockstar
04-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks, churchlady for the links!

This is actually a question that has haunted me for years. One of my favorite things about eating at White Water Snacks was sitting outside listening to the music at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. Now I know my favorite track from that area is:
"Sunflower River Blues" by John Fahey

Thanks again!

mechurchlady
04-15-2010, 06:25 PM
You are welcome.

I love this type of research as I find so many hidden gems. Disneymusicloops.com was a site I wanted to list but could not get it to work for me. I saw it posted elsewhere. I used the link I posted as I have been lost there many times.:rolleyes:

It is amazing what music is being played and my friend loves listening to the music.

ChrisGlass
04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
That list isn't complete on ParkTunes.

I most definitely have heard Bob Seger's "Hollywood Nights" on more than one occasion at DCA's main gate.

woody9six
04-16-2010, 09:48 PM
That list isn't complete on ParkTunes.

I most definitely have heard Bob Seger's "Hollywood Nights" on more than one occasion at DCA's main gate.

It is on the list. It is near the bottom. And just for the record (no pun intended) the version of California Sun that is played in Sunshine Plaza is by The Rivieras.

All of the songs from Sunshine Plaza are accounted for on that list.