PDA

View Full Version : Submarines definitely returning

Pages : [1] 2 3

Duane
03-06-2003, 11:37 AM
Calling all Disney people- If you really want the Submarines to return to Disneyland, WRITE THEM. To do so, go to www.disneyland.com and scroll to the bottom of the page where it says "contact us". Click here to send them an e-mail. Believe me, if enough guests write them with concerns, they will take action. I've spoken with people in the guest relations department and they have assured me that if a certain number of people write in with the same concern, Disney does listen and will take action. The guest relation employees are just as disappointed as we have been over the past few years. The power of numbers can and will get the job done. I strongly urge everyone to write. Your input will inspire changes. WRITE THEM!

dsnylndmom
03-06-2003, 01:03 PM
DONE!! Let's hope they listen!

mad4mky
03-06-2003, 01:22 PM
I don't know how much they do listen to what is written in e-mails. But my youngest daughter wrote to them several times regarding having a ride at DLR based on Monsters, Inc.

Now, I know her letter alone didn't base their decision to give the thumbs up on that attraction...but perhaps thousands of people wrote in with the same suggestion (heck, I heard many people myself comment on this same thing)...
And now, it seems, that a Monster's Inc attraction will be appearing in DCA.

Perhaps writing in does have some weight...

Disneyfreak
03-06-2003, 03:12 PM
I wrote to them! I hope all of the members on Mousepad will do the same!:)

Germboy
03-06-2003, 03:37 PM
I'm preparing an email as we speak. Good idea.

driftwood714
03-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Management reads the basic comments from each e-mail and letter. So what you say is heard.

I agree with everyone writing in about something they feel about.

Alex S.
03-06-2003, 04:18 PM
I don't want the submarines to return. Should I write them as well or would you prefer I kept quiet about it?

Germboy
03-06-2003, 04:25 PM
No, you can still write. Send it to Knott's Berry Farm's website. They'd probably agree with you!!;)

kennyhues
03-06-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Alex Stroup
I don't want the submarines to return. Should I write them as well or would you prefer I kept quiet about it?

Party Pooper! :D

mousey_girl
03-06-2003, 05:40 PM

Thank you Alex.

Honestly I don't care if they come back. My memories of this ride are not the greatest. A few words sum this up: hot, smelly, cramped, dank, stuffy, claustrophobic ect...

If it is brought back this is one more ride I will NOT be going on.
In my book it ranks right up there with Star Tours as being among the most unpleasant rides in the park.

Germboy
03-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Better than a duck pond

Duane
03-06-2003, 06:55 PM
I agree that the subs were a little lacking in excitement but you have to admit they were an adventure, especially for small children. I remember believing that the recorded voice during the adventure was really the captain speaking to us. I also thought we were actually diving into deeper water as you entered into the covered area. I think kids today will be just as fascinated with the attraction as we were during our childhood. I'm not sure what type of copyrights would be involved but if they made some changes to the attraction that included a view of the Titanic on the ocean floor, this would be an enormous crowd pleaser. Face it, we are all still fascinated with the unsinkable ship which floundered and wasn't discovered until years after the fact. They could rename the ride "Journey to the Deep" or "Discovering the Titanic". I wouldn't mind if it returned as it's original set up either as long as they just bring it back! Hopefully, if the Submarines end up being a huge success, they will wisen up and bring back the Peoplemovers too!

tabacco
03-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Heck, it'd be nice to just have something in that lagoon again after all these years. Like someone pointed out int he other thread, add some MOTION back into Tomorrowland, give it the sense that it's constantly busy again!

Disneyfreak
03-06-2003, 08:40 PM
Well if the subs do go back in, it will give them insentive to update it in the future. Thats why I want it back there so bad. There is more chance they will put in a new version of it down the road. The sub lagoon is still the most beautiful body of water I have seen in all my life. Even if you dont like the ride itself, it put people into tomorrowland and was beautiful to look at. I do agree it seems like an e ticket attraction to the kids. It sure was for me when I was little.

Nigel2
03-06-2003, 09:37 PM

I doubt that thousands of E-mails would have any effect so I don't think you have to show any concern Alex.:~D

Plus I doubt that they Take unverifiable net petitions seriously since people could just flood them with a ton of fake "signatues".

MonorailMan
03-06-2003, 09:59 PM

Question: Is this a legitimate statement, or used to cause friction?

Now, I have found that I am for any rides going into DCA or DL. Even if I never touch them. I would rather have subs floating around in a lagoon, then have it dead empty, filling up with trash. To me It's a win-win situation. To put it simple: If you don't like it, don't ride it. It still looks good for TL anyway.

Off the soapbox, please tell me Alex, why you don't want the subs there?

Someone You Dont Know
03-07-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

Now, I have found that I am for any rides going into DCA or DL. Even if I never touch them. I would rather have subs floating around in a lagoon, then have it dead empty, filling up with trash. To me It's a win-win situation. To put it simple: If you don't like it, don't ride it. It still looks good for TL anyway.

Agreed! :)

If you hate the Submarine Voyage and/or Tomorrowland, at least appreciate the fact that the Sub's return would open a line for tourists to wait in - which would help Disneyland's congested walkways.

RStar
03-07-2003, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't say that it's a win-win situation because putting them back together and having them running would suck up budget dollors that could go to fixing/upgrading something else in DL. I would think if they brought them back it would only be a stop-gap measure that may last only untill Space Mountain is up and running.

I would ride it probably once for the nastalgia and to take my kids on it because they were pretty young when it closed and may not remember it clear. But the good part about opening it is to get bodies in that line and out of other lines I WOULD be in. That is why I would like to see it open. And while they are at it they may as well open CircleVission. That would cost next to nothing to open (some remodleing to remove the Rocket Rods queue) and would help bring T Land back to life a bit. That's what, a 3 CM attraction? Good capacity/labor hours ratio, if they can hawl in the guests.

CaliforniaAdventurer
03-07-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Question: Is this a legitimate statement, or used to cause friction?

Off the soapbox, please tell me Alex, why you don't want the subs there?

I thought Alex was just being sarcastic. But even if he was not, I guess it is a free country and if he thinks it's a waste of dollars and they should rebuild the Sub Lagoon into a DL version of Tokyo DisneySea's Aquatopia that might be a valid argument. I think they should build a volcano above the tunnel where the subs go underground and re create Journey to the Center of the Earth.

But leaving it empty is sad, they need movement and energy.

Disneyfreak
03-07-2003, 07:56 PM
This is the reply I got back from disneyland.com.

Thank you for your recent letter to the Disneyland Resort.

Thank you for your letter regarding the Submarine Voyage. We find it gratifying
that many of our Guests have regarded this as one of their favorite attractions.

We assure you that retiring this attraction was a most difficult decision to
reach. However, it was Walt Disney's dream that Disneyland would never truly be
complete; he envisioned the Park as a place that would remain alive and continue
to grow. We have dedicated ourselves to meeting this challenge, and we are
working hard to develop many new and spectacular entertainment ideas for the
coming years. However, at this time, we do not have plans to announce a
replacement attraction for the Submarine Voyage.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort in the near future and trust your
visit will be pleasant in all regards.

MonorailMan
03-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
This is the reply I got back from disneyland.com.

Thank you for your recent letter to the Disneyland Resort.
[SNIP]

Ah yes, the Disney spin. No one ever admits anything. It's too much a liability. ;)

DisneyFan25863
03-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort in the near future and trust your
visit will be pleasant in all regards.

Hmmmm.....wonder why they put that in :rolleyes: :D

merlinjones
03-07-2003, 09:13 PM
>>We assure you that retiring this attraction was a most difficult decision to reach. <<

Pressler made a hit list of rides he wanted closed even before he started.

>>However, it was Walt Disney's dream that Disneyland would never truly be complete; <<

So we closed a lot of attractions without replacements. Now Disneyland is truly incomplete... Blame Walt!

>>he envisioned the Park as a place that would remain alive and continue to grow. <<

We killed those old rides to keep the park at a more profitable, smaller size.

>>We have dedicated ourselves to meeting this challenge, <<

Closing rides and saving money without the guests noticing and complaining is a challenge.

>>and we are working hard to develop many new and spectacular entertainment ideas for the coming years. <<

Just not in the next five year plan.

>>However, at this time, we do not have plans to announce a replacement attraction for the Submarine Voyage.<<

Maybe we'll reopen the old one again if they make us.

Duane
03-07-2003, 09:16 PM
Disneyfreak, Thank you for posting your response from Disneyland Guest Relations. The one statement I find amusing is their quote from Walt Disney about the park would remain alive and continue to grow. How do they think the park is alive and growing when they close attractions and do not replace them with anything? Rocket Rods, Subs, Skyway, etc. I wrote them and asked them directly if it was fact or rumor that the subs may be reopening when Space Mountain closes. They completely avoided the question and gave absolutely no answer one way or the other. Maybe this is a sign that something is about to materialize. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Baloo
03-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Well i think that instead of writing and insisting that the subs return, we should write and ask what is happening to the sub lake and when the subs or a new attraction will open. We don't want them to think that we will just settle with them re-opening old attractions. At the same time mention how dissapointing Tommorowland looks and something needs to be done immediately. If you can address it to Jay Rasulo.