PDA

View Full Version : Your wait time to Pooh will be...

Pages : [1] 2

stitcher
03-06-2003, 11:34 AM
With the ride opening up very soon, I was wondering how long you think people will be waiting in line. How well do you think Fastpass will work for it? More questions to come, we'll start with these.

Give your guesses, the closest one wins......

Matterhorn Fan
03-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Here's my guesses:

Fastpasses will be out within 90 minutes of the attraction opening on the first day.

Standby line will be 180 minues.

Bonus prediction: If the ROA are open by that point, the canoes will be shut down because the Pooh line will be long enough that it'll block the canoe queue. That, or some poor guests will get into the canoe queue thinking they're getting in line for Pooh.

stan4d_steph
03-06-2003, 11:50 AM
And so it begins....

I'm guessing 150 minutes for standby.

But what about the soft Pooh opening?

stitcher
03-06-2003, 11:57 AM
The soft Pooh opening will probably be quite soft and short

experiment626
03-06-2003, 12:44 PM
I think a better question is how long are you willing to stand in line for pooh :D

Laffite
03-06-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm sure the Pooh experience will be the same as the RR expereince: long ridiculous wait for a disappointing ride.

Haldwitten
03-06-2003, 02:06 PM
LOL. I know it's very middle school... but I can't stop chuckling at the "Pooh" references in these posts.

When Pooh goes 101... does that mean it needs more fiber?

:D

hbquikcomjamesl
03-06-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm sure the Pooh experience will be the same as the RR expereince: long ridiculous wait for a disappointing ride.

If by RR, you're referring to Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin, well, I like the ride, and I like the themed queue. I also liked the WDW version of Pooh.

I also like the scatological double-entendres connected with the ride.:p

HBTiggerFan
03-06-2003, 03:02 PM
I think RR was in reference to Rocket Rods.

My guess is 180 minutes for stand-by and the Fastpass gone within 20 minutes the first week.

Morrigoon
03-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Are we talking soft opening or public opening?

Soft opening (eg: one of us has seen it and posted it, so all of us are looking for it) I'll give it a 1-hour wait.

Public opening, and the ensuing couple of weekends: 90-120 minutes, FPs gone in 2.5 hours

AVP
03-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
My guess is 180 minutes for stand-by and the Fastpass gone within 20 minutes the first week.

Only if this were Tokyo.

AVP

Sheila
03-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Well at WDW, for months the Fastpasses for Pooh were consistently gone by 11:00 a.m. every morning. There was usually a 90-120 minute wait for the ride at peak times.

If the DLR version is as popular as MK's, then I'd guess that it will see similar ride wait times/Fastpass sellouts.

Sheila

Polar33
03-06-2003, 07:19 PM
A few folks that I talked to that are on the Pooh opening team say that they expect the standby wait time to be around three hours when it first opens. I think that's being a little optimistic, my guess would be around two hours, but I'll wait and see. The attraction's queue itself holds about an hour worth of guests, so that will leave another hour or so sticking out into Critter Country. Some plans that they were discussing included cutting off normal traffic flow into Critter Country so that the only way to get in would be to get in line for Splash or Pooh. Granted that's a worst case scenario, but apparently it's an option. I think it would be a better idea to route the queue into the lower Hungry Bear dining area to avoid the drastic reduction of what little space is left in Critter Country. Closing down the canoes is also very likely when crowds peak, not just because of space issues but to also use the CMs for guest control.

Apparently FastPass is causing additional headaches as well, nobody seems quite sure how it will pan out.

One thing is for certain no matter how much planning has been done to avoid it, the parks biggest bottleneck is about to become worse.

Darkbeer
03-06-2003, 09:04 PM
The problem with using the lower area of the Hungry Bear is the access to the restrooms, which is an important thing for many guests!

And, they can't just block off Critter Country, access to the Splash Mountain FastPass entrance, single riders, SAP's etc need to go down the main path, as will those trying to get a Pooh FP (The old Splash machines), or wanting to buy a meal at the Hungry Bear.

My main guess is that they will leave the Pooh Meet and Greet over behind Big Thunder for the first few months. That opens up a big area, and if it remained in the area, would cause a large "additional" queue that would be longer than in the past being next to the Pooh exit. Recently, I have seen the Pooh Meet and Greet use the entire queue, and overflow. Now you bring over "Pooh" fans with a new ride, I can see that line getting longer! Once the initial rush is over, and they are not using that area for the ride's overflow, they can bring back the Pooh Meet and Greet.

Berry Princess
03-06-2003, 10:25 PM
I would agree with what's been said. It well be a few hours wait for awhile and the FPs will go quickly for awhile too. Thankfully I have a great friend that works for Disney (Burbank) and was able to get tickets to go on April 6th and invited us to go with her. So we will do that and stay away for a long time from the area. I am disappointed that we are not getting a version like one of the other parks or better but I figured it wouldn't happen. I'm sure our 4 yr old and soon to be 1 yr old will love it. Which for us is what matters the most.

Polar33
03-06-2003, 11:56 PM
They could still leave access to the restrooms via the ramp, so that's not a big issue. They would have to have a "traffic break" similar to when Indy opened to allow for access to the ramp and to the Hungry Bear, but it could work. If it didn't happen it would be because Hungry Bear didn't want to give up dining area. And with the added interest in the area, they'll need all the dining space they can get.

Closing off the land would be the last resort, but they would still allow for access for FastPass return, SAPs etc... by using more queue ropes and guest control. It's also assumed that Pooh FastPass would be out for the day by the time it got to this point. I don't think it would help much, but it would turn confusion into organized confusion.

The Pooh meet and greet is scheduled to be moved to Small World Mall (again) tonight, and ODV gets to move their most under-utilized wagon back into place. :rolleyes: I am hoping the meet and greet will stay in Small World Mall un till summer is over. Moving it into Critter Country would be downright insane (although I foresee many guests being confused at why Pooh is so far away from his attraction).

stitcher
03-07-2003, 12:01 AM
So far, the line for Pooh will probably be split to allow access to another Pooh spot, and the meet Pooh spot will be moved until people get tired of waiting in the line to Pooh.:D

ChipmunkStar
03-07-2003, 12:48 PM
The Pooh meet and greet area is being movd over to Small World Mall (back to Character Corner) to open up some more queue space for the ride. I believe that attractions is planning on using the current-ish Pooh meet and greet area (the one in Critter, not in Frontierland) for moe queue space.

I think it will also alleviate some stress from the character hosts having to spiel to a 3 hour Pooh M&G line that the characters have to leave for a few moments (some people just don't understand the concept that they'll be right back). Also, people won't get into the Pooh M&G line tring to find the Attraction line, and vice-versa.

RStar
03-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by stitcher
The soft Pooh opening will probably be quite soft and short

:eek:

Ok, sorry stitcher. I couldn't help pointing this out. ;)

rexfarms
03-07-2003, 03:34 PM
What is the official opening date?

Darkbeer
03-07-2003, 03:48 PM
April 11th

rexfarms
03-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
April 11th

Lovely.

ErikBsandiego
03-07-2003, 04:54 PM
To slightly change subject - Jim Hill has an EXCELLENT insight into why TDL got the advanced tech. ride and we got the C tix dark ride. FINALLY it makes business sense.

"To explain: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea's biggest and best customers are shop girls....The only problem is ... this demographic is incredibly fickle. Which is why the Oriental Land Company is always under the gun to keep TDL and TDS fresh."

As someone who has spent time in Japan (but before the DL phenom) this is VERY insightful and explains a VERY different model and why you would HAVE to invest capital in their parks.

Sheila
03-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
April 11th

Oh goody! They're premiering it on my birthday. :)

But how did they know??

Sheila

Laffite
03-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Sheila
Oh goody! They're premiering it on my birthday. :)

But how did they know??

Well, aren't you an APer? They-Know-All!! :eek: