PDA

View Full Version : To Valet or Not to Valet

Niwel
03-05-2003, 07:22 PM
The resort fee includes self-parking ... if I go valet is there a price difference (with the exception of the tip?) Also, I heard a rumor the self-park area is a far walk from the hotel ... true or false?

Not Afraid
03-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Just Valet it. You have nowhere to drive once you're at the Resort, give your car the day(s) off. Valet.

DisneyFan25863
03-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Valet is the way to go. Just remember, if you don't want your car parked under the monorail track (and who does), give them a tip :D

MouseWife
03-05-2003, 07:46 PM
Yes, it is a walk from the parking lot. Geesh, what a walk. Not really quite fair, if you ask me.

And, considering that it might be quite a walk from the front desk to your room................

I'd say yes to the valet.

teri
03-05-2003, 08:19 PM
The parking lot is across the street. If you are staying a couple of days it might be worth the extra $10 or so, but if you are staying longer... well, it depends on whether you have money to burn to save walking across the street.

adriennek
03-05-2003, 09:31 PM
Self-Parking is the same parking lot as the PP and the DLH, yep, across the street. If you're only going to be there for one night, then I'd find out how much more it's going to be. And if you're kinda going all out anyway, I'd probably vote to valet-- and I'm a frugal person.

Either that or, drop mom off at the lobby with the bags, and then park the car yourself at self-park and walk back and meet mom at the hotel. That way, at least, you don't have to carry your bags across the street.

Adrienne K

dasrock
03-06-2003, 12:51 AM
do they take care of your car?
my baby has no door dings and I would like to keep it that way:)

Grandbreaker
03-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Valet is $ 12.00 extra a day, before they ( valet person) move the car they walk around it check for dents, dings, marks of any kind and write it down on the claim ticket.

Niwel
03-06-2003, 11:52 AM
$12 extra on top of the resort fee that includes self-park?

Grandbreaker
03-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Niwel $12 extra on top of the resort fee that includes self-park? YUP

tod
03-06-2003, 02:03 PM
How much for drive-up valet-park service without a hotel room?

mcampisi
03-09-2003, 07:19 AM
Unless I missed it, you didn't mention what hotel you are staying at. If you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, don't waste time with the valet. The self park roof parking is right by the entrance to the hotel and it is in no way out of the way to get back into the hotel. There is a escalator that drops you off right in front of Goofy's Kitchen. Just unload your bags, run in and register and then come back out and loop around the valet area to the self park area.

One time I valet parked and had to run and get something, so I asked where the car was. It ended up being about 50 yards from the valet parking area. Just didn't seem worth it.

mod29
03-09-2003, 01:25 PM
the daily valet is validated at GCH for a free 5 hours if you go to napa rose or storyteller's. Otherwise, to prevent people from valet parking at the hotel and going to the parks, it is the $12 valet fee PLUS $6 an hour for non-hotel guest parking fees with a maximum of $42. Like I said, this is done so that if it was just $12 for the day in the valet, i think a lot of people wouldn't mind paying the extra $5 up from the mickey and friends charge to valet at the hotel and get closer to the parks, but the gch doesn't have enough parking spaces for so many cars. Does that make any sense? personally, I think they should, we'd get a lot more tips! ;-)

-mike d.

adriennek
03-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by mod29
the daily valet is validated at GCH for a free 5 hours if you go to napa rose or storyteller's.

WOW- really? So instead of parking at DTD I could valet park for free if I'm going to Storytellers and staying less than 5 hours?? It's not just "$12 total for 5 hours or less with validation"?

That is really good to know. Thanks!

Adrienne K

Grandbreaker
03-09-2003, 05:55 PM
WOW- really? So instead of parking at DTD I could valet park for free if I'm going to Storytellers and staying less than 5 hours?? It's not just "$12 total for 5 hours or less with validation"?

Yup :)