PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gallery CM Retirement

Gallery 196
03-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Hello again everyone,

I just wanted to let you loyal folks know that one of the original Disney Gallery Cast Members will be retiring soon. Beverly Butrum's last day in the Gallery (and with the company) will be Sunday March 16th. No doubt many of you have been graced by Beverly's incredible guest service. I have been collecting at the Gallery since its opening and consider myself lucky that I got to know "Bev B.". If any of you are in the neighborhood on Sunday, please stop by and congradulate her on 35 plus years of making guests feel special.

If I may be so bold as to speak for the man himself... I think that Beverly is exactly what Walt had in mind when he envisioned Cast Members for his little park in Anaheim.

I just finished recording the new announcement for the gallery voice mail for the new Pirates Exhibit. As a "hidden tribute" to Beverly, we decided to add a line for the pirate announcer...."take heed from your ol' pal Capt. Butrum!" (1-714-781-7531 before or after the opening at noon every day).

As walts "little park in anaheim" changes (good and bad), people of Beverly's caliber are becoming few and far between. That is why we must never take them for granted. Join me in thanking her.

All my best,

Brian

Lani
03-05-2003, 03:08 PM
That's just lovely, Brian! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Gallery 196
03-05-2003, 07:40 PM
A thought just occurred to me...if any of you would like to post a greeting or best wishes to Beverly here, I will print them out and take them with me to the retirement party that night and present them to her.

Thanks

Brian

MammaSilva
03-05-2003, 07:48 PM
That is a wonderful idea and most thoughtful gesture....since I can't be at the park that weekend!

Beverly, thanks for being one of the most wonderful CM's I've ever had the pleasure of 'meeting' your wit and charm made a visit to the Gallery a must!

Enjoy your retirement!

MammaSilva

RStar
03-06-2003, 08:42 AM
Beverly,

Although I've only had the pleasure to speek with you once or twice and didn't actually get to know you, I'd have to agree with Brian. From what I have heard people say about you here and elsewhere (Yes, you are big news right now, my dear;) ) you are the type Walt would be pleased to have called a "Cast Member".

Good luck to you in your retirement. And come by for a visit once in a while. I have a feeling you will always be welcomed!

~Bob

Napsto
03-06-2003, 05:26 PM
anybody know if bev is working tuesday the 11th at all????

Gallery 196
03-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Hello Napsto,

Thanks for the inquiry. However, Bev is currently away from the Gallery and will be returning for just a few days before she retires. Currently she is scheduled to be back on Friday the 14th, Then retire on Sun. the 16th.

Hope you can drop by. If you cant, feel free to leave her a message here and I will make sure she gets it at the party.

Thanks to those of you who have already left greetings. She will really be appreciative.

Brian

RStar
03-07-2003, 04:31 PM
Oh, I am going to the park tomarrow (8th) and was planning to stop by and see if she was there. Bummer:( .

I'll stop by anyway to see the new displays. And try to make it on the 15th or 16th. Do we know her shift times?

So Beverly, I hope to see you next week, otherwise see the above note;) .

~Bob

FabShelly
03-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Please give Beverly my love and tell her to not be a stranger, and that I hope to see her at Disneyland.

Fab

disneydreamer1
03-08-2003, 07:37 AM
Hi Ive never been to DIsneyland but its definately a dream. Thanks so much for keeping Walts dream alive. Have a great retirement!
Lots of Luck,
Nicole ( Philadelphia)

Gallery 196
03-08-2003, 10:28 AM
Greetings,

Thanks so much for the responses, I know it will make Beverly very proud to know she has your best wishes.

RStar "Bob", Beverly will be working the late shifts on Sat 15th and Sun the 16 th. Usually starting around 5pm. But nothing is solid just yet. It will be great if you can stop by.

Disneydreamer1 "nichole", that was very nice of you to send along your greetings, even though you havent met Bev. As a die-hard DisneyLAND fan, I hope you will get to join us at the "original" some day.

Has anyone had a chance to listen to the new "Captain Butrum" announcement on the Gallery phone. (714-781-7531 before opening at noon, or after closing). Both the pirate and the announcer are me. I am always looking for feedback.

Thanks again everyone for you kind words to Beverly, please keep them coming. I will be leaving Sunday morning (16th) to attend the party. I will print everything out then and bring them with me.

All my best,

Brian

RStar
03-11-2003, 10:28 AM
Brian,

I thought you did a great job recording the message, both voices. The Captain Butram reminds me of the crab from Sponge Bob (NOT a bad thing;) ).

And thanks so much for giving these to Bev.

I plan to be there to see her, and the late time work great for me.
Let me know if that changes. I look forward to seeing you there as well if I make it on Sunday.

~Bob

Gallery 196
03-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Thanks Bob (RStar), I hadnt even though of "Capt. Crabby" from sponge bob, but your right, he does kinda sound like him. Thanks for the feedback.

I just spoke with Bev. about an hour ago, her schedule is still not solid (and today is the 12th!!). She may or may not be back on Fri. and Sat. the 14th and 15th., and if she does come back on the 16th, sun. it will be a very short shift., her party starts in the evening. As soon as she lets me know for sure, I will be able to let you folks know.

Until then keep the kind words coming, she is a great gal, and will surely be missed by the guests.

Thanks again everyone,

Brian.

80S ERA
03-12-2003, 10:26 AM
I was lucky enough to meet both Beverlys -- if I'm correct, there were 2 of them, correct?

The Beverly I was able to have long conversations with was the one who met Roy O (or was it Walt?). Anyway, she and the park go wayyyy back. She took us on the grand tour of "what could have been" Walt's apartment. I immediately took a great interest in her when she shared her disappiontment with the new Tomorrowland.

If this is the same Bev, here is my message:

"You will be missed dearly. Folks like you have kept Walt's dream alive. I can only hope future castmembers (and execs, too) will follow in your footsteps."

Thanks for the info, Brian!

Gallery 196
03-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Greetings 80s ERA

You did indeed meet the "correct Bev." (there were two, Beverly Butrum (who you met) and Beverly Condo (also a good friend who now works at DCA).

Bev. "B" as she is know has more stories about the good ol' days at the park than anyone esle I have met. She is a wealth of information and a joy to be around. She is exactly what a Castmember should be. The guided tour of the Gallery is one of her trademarks, and she loves to talk to the kids about Walt. She always went out of her way to remind them that this was all started by him.

Thank you so much for your message. I will be printing everything out on Sunday morning when I leave and will deliver them personally at the party.
She will be thrilled.

Thank you everyone. Keep them coming!

Brian.
(I will keep you all posted on the new Gallery messages as we record them)

Gallery 196
03-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Hello again everyone,

Beverly has FINALLY decided on her schedule for her last day at work. Bev will be in the Gallery on Sat. March 15th between 7:00 pm and 11:00 pm. That will be her official last day at the Gallery. Her party will be on Sunday.

If you are able to stop by on Sat. and give Bev your best that would be terrific. If you are unable, please feel free to express your thanks and congratulations to her right here. I will be printing out the messages and presenting them to her at the party.

Thanks so much for your kind words.

Brian.